October 15, 2018, 05:33:14 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Kuji's sketchbook  (Read 685 times)

Offline kuji

• View Profile
Kuji's sketchbook
« on: May 29, 2015, 01:01:56 PM »
Here are a couple of things I drew to show where i'm at at the start of this sketchbook:
Eyes
More eyes
Some kind of portrait? (It buuuurns)
Random Scribbles

My drawing speed, especially with eyes, feels really slow however (around 5 minutes to draw each eye) Is that just something artists just deal with with drawing manga eyes? How long does it take you to draw eyes usually?

As for what to do next, I'm thinking of just looking out for an art style I like and just dissecting it. Kill la Kill, Mekakucity Actors, Lupin III: A Woman Named Mine Fujiko and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure are all styles that i'm drawn to soooo
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 07:40:48 AM by kuji »

Offline Boosted Nomena :)

• Symmetry lover
  • Please don't PM me for Free Commission requests
    • View Profile
Re: Kuji's daily sketches
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 06:41:28 PM »
mmmh, did you draw the portrait before practicing eyes? it would help if you look a bit into the details of how to place eyes, nose and mouth on the face...here it's like her whole forehead is taken up by the eyes and she has no forehead at all so it's a bit weird.

Also, this is your first post  ;D how about dropping by the welcome centre and introduce yourself? I am sure the other members would also love to welcome you.
Cheers,
How about some violin :)
https://youtu.be/yGdmqwjKoD8

Offline kuji

• View Profile
Re: Kuji's daily sketches
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 08:57:53 PM »
I drew the portrait straight after practicing the eyes. I'll admit I rushed it and I haven't had much practice in drawing guidelines for faces.

Anyway I couldn't come up with anything much today so I just re-drew a screenshot of Lupin.
That mouth

Offline kuji

• View Profile
Re: Kuji's sketchbook
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 06:35:02 PM »
I need to draw more things soon
More eyes