January 16, 2018, 12:15:58 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Online Japanese Food Market  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Wasted_Dragon

• View Profile
Online Japanese Food Market
« on: May 12, 2015, 03:39:43 PM »
Just wanted to share, and others can share too. But this is where I usually get my Japanese food and drinks. This is for anybody that aren't lucky enough to have a good Japanese market locally. In fact the only really good place that I actually took a road trip back in California with a Japanese Exchange Student, was a place in Sacramento. It was called Oto's Marketplace, and it was heaven for me. They had EVERYTHING I could ever want. Check it out if you're in the area: http://otosmarketplace.com/1/

Anyways here are some URLs:

http://www.marukaiestore.com/  (I've actually bought quite a lot from them, things like bread, drinks, even a rice cooker)

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/ (I haven't bought anything from here yet, but they have a wide variety of selection to choose from.

{THIS ONE'S IS 18+ ONLY DEFINITELY}  http://www.jlist.com/home (They have all kinds of things here, cosplay, snacks, drinks, and a ton of adult crap. LIKE I SAID, ALL KINDS OF THINGS lol)

By the way, I saw a picture that somebody posted of Natto in the "Weird Japanese Foods" thread. Natto isn't normally all that slimy looking like that!!! It looks like somebody made it overkill to make it look disgusting.  If anybody gets a chance to try it, definitely do it. It may look off-putting for some people, but for me, it tastes good. X)

Offline Crackhead Johny

• View Profile
Re: Online Japanese Food Market
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 11:52:03 PM »
If you live in or near a major metropolitan area you should Google Asian groceries and see what pops up.

If you are in the middle of nowhere it is online shopping only.. at which point I'd learn to make whatever you like. Heck Ramune is at local normal groceries here.

Offline Wasted_Dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 12:07:16 AM »
If you live in or near a major metropolitan area you should Google Asian groceries and see what pops up.

If you are in the middle of nowhere it is online shopping only.. at which point I'd learn to make whatever you like. Heck Ramune is at local normal groceries here.

Offline swearzy

• Comrade Stalin, Conspiracy Theorist.
  • I come with tin foil hats a many!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 12:23:08 AM »

Hahahaha! Where I used to live I was fortunate enough to live next to a small mall and there was a Japanese run restaurant my little sister and I used to go to a lot, best sushi and buta karaage I ever got and it was cool hearing the conversations coming out of the kitchen. Now the closest real Asian grocer is 700km away :(

Offline Wasted_Dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 12:32:02 AM »

Hahahaha! Where I used to live I was fortunate enough to live next to a small mall and there was a Japanese run restaurant my little sister and I used to go to a lot, best sushi and buta karaage I ever got and it was cool hearing the conversations coming out of the kitchen. Now the closest real Asian grocer is 700km away :(

Yeah, I love it when a good Japanese restaurant comes into town. We actually just got a good one all the way out here in Wyoming.

Call me greedy, but I want more than just Ramune, Pocky and shrimp chips that you can just get at the Walmart or wherever. There's so much more than that.

Offline Crackhead Johny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 07:19:09 PM »

I have a hard time figuring out how this is supposed to be anything other than insulting.

Offline Wasted_Dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 07:46:22 PM »

I have a hard time figuring out how this is supposed to be anything other than insulting.

XD Don't take it to heart bud.

Your post made me go, "no sh** man", I didn't think you were being serious. Kinda a buzzkill when you're pretty much saying, just google it.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Offline Crackhead Johny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 12:51:14 AM »

XD Don't take it to heart bud.

Your post made me go, "no sh** man", I didn't think you were being serious. Kinda a buzzkill when you're pretty much saying, just google it.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
I was just trying to figure it out.
I have known MANY people who never thought to go Googling for local ethnic groceries (worst case: people running food room at Anime Iowa. "Iowa has Asian groceries?".) and just bought from Amazon for 10x the local price. Your post sounded like one of those.

Offline swearzy

• Comrade Stalin, Conspiracy Theorist.
  • I come with tin foil hats a many!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 01:28:45 AM »
Oh I almost forgot, jbox.com is the pg version of jlist XD

Offline Wasted_Dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 01:38:12 AM »
Pfft hahahaha XD, that's too funny, I never noticed that.