March 29, 2024, 12:46:59 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Mini Manga Competition  (Read 27830 times)

Offline Mhx Air

• Tactian
  • What am I supposed to do with this? Write stuff?
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Manga Competition
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2015, 12:54:33 AM »
I just did a panel, looks so much better than what I originally was doing on GIMP. Since nobody else has actually finished theirs either, I guess there's no rush. I'll figure out how I'm gonna halftone shade it later, until then, it looks pretty nice.
Wanna help me draw stuff? My drawings are fine, but they're just not animanga styled. If you'd like to, just shoot me a PM anytime, I'd love to see your art.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2015, 03:05:53 AM »
Yeah it's better you just post indeed.  I think you need to use a thinner pen because this one seems to bleed ink a lot.  On inking though you may have to do the necessary evil and go with GIMP or Photoshop CS2 (Did you know that version was free btw?)

http://www.remindblog.com/2010/02/18/inking-graphic-novel/ That tells about how a professional webcomic artist stopped inking because it was getting in the way of his art.

Nice page though, but I'm not sure what's happening yet. Maybe the next page will reveal as much...

Progress is going well between Killer B and I's project but ther'll be a need for a wait

Offline Mhx Air

• Tactian
  • What am I supposed to do with this? Write stuff?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2015, 03:26:16 AM »
Yeah it's better you just post indeed.  I think you need to use a thinner pen because this one seems to bleed ink a lot.  On inking though you may have to do the necessary evil and go with GIMP or Photoshop CS2 (Did you know that version was free btw?)

http://www.remindblog.com/2010/02/18/inking-graphic-novel/ That tells about how a professional webcomic artist stopped inking because it was getting in the way of his art.

Nice page though, but I'm not sure what's happening yet. Maybe the next page will reveal as much...

Progress is going well between Killer B and I's project but ther'll be a need for a wait
The problem is my pen is a 0.5mm ultra fine tip pen. It really doesn't get much thinner that that. Also, when taking a picture with a camera, the picture is much much larger than the actual drawing, for whatever reason. On paper in person it looks fine, so when I scan it, what I'm going to do (unfortunately) is polish the lines and fill in spaces with black and white. This will be so so so much easier to do than drawing each line in GIMP, and look better than using a marker to shade.
Wanna help me draw stuff? My drawings are fine, but they're just not animanga styled. If you'd like to, just shoot me a PM anytime, I'd love to see your art.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2015, 09:15:45 PM »
After some ages, done with my collaboration entry along with Killer B for the mini manga competition. I wish I knew how to tone properly so I couldn't pretty up the page at all, but it was fun collaborating on something.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Hope ye like. The story behind this is that the dude is a cop after the girl, Chershire, who is an assassin that's been haunting the city for a long while. And yes, he's a cop that uses a sword.

Offline midsummer_feast

• Let's drink and enjoy our lifes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2015, 06:00:10 AM »
i decided to draw small pictures for this...
it has no color, neither no text...
will maybe fix that if i get my ass in gear to scan it...

as always...
but perfect, but i like it like this ~  :heart:

:ohmy:
I am a somebody, that ain´t nobody. In different from everybody... anybody?..
my work:
https://midsummerfeastnovel.rocks/
It might be bad, but it's MY BAD... =^,^=

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2015, 06:21:00 AM »
Well that was a depressing read

Offline midsummer_feast

• Let's drink and enjoy our lifes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2015, 08:33:59 AM »
Well that was a depressing read

i can't deny it...
but i like this kinds of stories ~
the darker, the better ~  :heart:

I am a somebody, that ain´t nobody. In different from everybody... anybody?..
my work:
https://midsummerfeastnovel.rocks/
It might be bad, but it's MY BAD... =^,^=