June 23, 2018, 06:13:22 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Mini Manga Competition  (Read 5500 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Manga Competition
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2015, 06:02:58 PM »
Haha, actually I'm just waiting for Killer B to send in our pages as a dual project, but he's taking his time T-T.

Offline Mhx Air

• Tactian
  • What am I supposed to do with this? Write stuff?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2015, 06:12:18 PM »
Haha, actually I'm just waiting for Killer B to send in our pages as a dual project, but he's taking his time T-T.
At this point I'll just be happy if anything gets turned in. I might as well not have had a time limit. I wonder if my library has a scanner... I could just go buy a ball point pen and scan instead of using GIMP. I spent like 5 hours on one frame. I was pissed.
Wanna help me draw stuff? My drawings are fine, but they're just not animanga styled. If you'd like to, just shoot me a PM anytime, I'd love to see your art.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2015, 06:14:07 PM »
Without a tablet making pages is murder. Having no scanner sucks too

Offline Mhx Air

• Tactian
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2015, 06:16:02 PM »
Without a tablet making pages is murder. Having no scanner sucks too
You're telling me. I've wanted a tablet and a nice ball point stylus so I can draw anytime and anywhere without relying on paper and garbage. It would save days of time making animations.
Wanna help me draw stuff? My drawings are fine, but they're just not animanga styled. If you'd like to, just shoot me a PM anytime, I'd love to see your art.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2015, 06:21:31 PM »
You make animations without a tablet? Yikes that must be horrible.

I have a tablet but was crutching too much on them so I've stuck to traditional for a long while. Almost a year now.

Offline Mhx Air

• Tactian
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2015, 06:23:30 PM »
You make animations without a tablet? Yikes that must be horrible.

I have a tablet but was crutching too much on them so I've stuck to traditional for a long while. Almost a year now.
...Yeah. Paper to GIMP... It's a nightmare, and they're very very short animations, like my avatar. It's much larger, and took days. It's not even 2 seconds long.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2015, 06:28:07 PM »
Props on doing that. Must've been hell to get through. I tried reading up on how traditional animation works but it was too crazy for me.

Offline Mhx Air

• Tactian
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2015, 06:32:48 PM »
Props on doing that. Must've been hell to get through. I tried reading up on how traditional animation works but it was too crazy for me.
I'd believe it. Most animation teams have masses of people. I really just want to get into YouTube animations. Maybe sell some T-shirts or something. Then I will have people that would want to buy my games I make. It would be a nice career, doing something I love to do.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2015, 06:38:47 PM »
You know some original YouTube animations?  Indie game making would truly be a fun occupation if you c ould get paid for it. Would totally sign up for that too.

Offline Mhx Air

• Tactian
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2015, 02:12:51 AM »
I'm so done. I'm beyond pissed off right now. There is no reason this single frame should be taking me over 8 HOURS, when it only took half an hour to draw the whole page. It's not even looking any good. I HATE GIMP.
ONE FRAME. This is One Single Frame, not even half finished. I hate GIMP so much. If I had a tablet I'd just manually draw dots and lines with ease. I could draw so much easier, instead of dragging a mouse and erasing big fat lines, or going over and over too thin of lines. I don't usually ever get mad, but I'm pissed. I'll hand draw it in pen today and be done for good with it. I need a tablet so badly, this looks terrible and took 8 hours...
Spoiler

Offline Boosted Nomena :)

• Symmetry lover
  • Please don't PM me for Free Commission requests
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2015, 02:21:15 AM »
the only thing I find really off here is the anatomy and the pose  ;D --- the face looks fine but the pose and the anatomy make her look really stiff.

Well, yeah you need a tablet if you wanna be efficient with digital art...get your hands on a Huoin H610 pro, it's fare cheaper than the typical popular Wacom but is highly recommended.

Whether you work on the computer or on the paper, the end product should always be clean

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 02:23:52 AM by Nomena »
Cheers,
How about some violin :)
https://youtu.be/_u2pb6bj63s

Offline Mhx Air

• Tactian
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2015, 02:29:53 AM »
the only thing I find really off here is the anatomy and the pose  ;D --- the face looks fine but the pose and the anatomy make her look really stiff.

Well, yeah you need a tablet if you wanna be efficient with digital art...get your hands on a Huoin H610 pro, it's fare cheaper than the typical popular Wacom but is highly recommended.

Whether you work on the computer or on the paper, the end product should always be clean
Yeah, GIMP and I are definitely not friends. It looks much better on paper, the hair, skin, and clothing is more free flowing. Also, when I said tablet, I meant like an android touch screen tablet and stylus lol. I can't use those computer tablets at all. If I can't see the line, I mess up badly. I need to be able to draw on the image. I took 3 years of digital art class, and just could never get anywhere with a wacom bamboo, nor photoshop or illustrator.
Pen and paper, no problem. Flash animations, nope, idk why. I'd think an android tablet would be great for drawing sketches anytime, anywhere, without carrying this heavy, annoying and burning hot laptop around.

Offline Boosted Nomena :)

• Symmetry lover
  • Please don't PM me for Free Commission requests
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2015, 03:33:57 AM »
I really don't understand that either  :notunderstand:...I always thought the only requirement to use a tablet and computer is to know how to mach the hands and the eye on the computer, keeping the eye on the computer at any time...I only started using a Huoin tablet in February and now I am already totally used to it...

I think what helps me on that was that my daily Job involves doing a lot of stuff on the computer, so I am used to match the motion of the mouse and my eyes without looking at my hands...so really what I am doing is just use the tablet stylus as I use a normal pencil or pen on paper.

Also if you draw on the computer you can zoom in a out...zooming out will help you see if there is nothing off with the body proportion and zooming in for the details...but really if you do not have enough traditional basics to understand what's wrong in the picture, then it's still all useless.

One advantage I find on tablets it is that your hand will not block the view...you see the picture as a whole all the time without having to lift your hand at any time....if you have a touch screen tablet, you will always have to lift your hand to see if what you are drawing is OK, which is a waist of time in my opinion.

The key to make things not look stiff is to vary the lineweight...thick or dark lines = very stiff  and thin or lighter lines= very light or flowing. So even if you are drawing on the computer, it is important to look for the line weight... for example the hair should be flowing and light so the lines of the hair should be thinner than the line of the face....when you want to make things look really light you could even remove the lines and use only shading, sometimes the size of the line is not enough to make it look light so you would rather use gray lines instead of thin lines

I used GIMP before and it seems it doesn't follow pen pressure so I had to manually reduce the size and the colour of the brush...but now I use Manga Studio 5 and it's better....that is what I used for making your art exchange request last time. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 03:42:47 AM by Nomena »
Cheers,
How about some violin :)
https://youtu.be/_u2pb6bj63s

Offline Mhx Air

• Tactian
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2015, 03:55:26 AM »
Idk, I just can never seem to touch the right spot. I'll just sit there undoing until I tap the right pixel. Even still, I have trouble estimating distance and connecting points when looking at the screen. Sometimes my hand goes off the pad. I just can't use them, idk why, it's just difficult for some reason. Maybe I have bad hand eye coordination or something.

Offline Mhx Air

• Tactian
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2015, 10:46:32 PM »
So does nobody have anything to post? Should I just wait til this weekend? I mean I can post my proof of concept, but I didn't scan it yet, which I still need to if I can find a place to.

Page 1 of 2 (Without text bubbles)
http://i.imgur.com/81vIoiz.jpg