December 18, 2018, 09:06:50 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Mini Manga Competition  (Read 6888 times)

Offline yulemaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has nice snow
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Manga Competition
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 06:10:53 AM »
Got sort of lazy, but this is a fun competition. There should be more of them.

Offline Mhx Air

• Tactian
  • What am I supposed to do with this? Write stuff?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 06:14:27 AM »
Got sort of lazy, but this is a fun competition. There should be more of them.
In all honesty, everyone gets lazy. I was hoping the competition would encourage me. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be rushing last minute as always. Oh well, at least I'll have done something.
Wanna help me draw stuff? My drawings are fine, but they're just not animanga styled. If you'd like to, just shoot me a PM anytime, I'd love to see your art.

Offline yulemaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 06:17:48 AM »
Haha indeed

Offline Nekonomicon

• =^.^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 02:05:28 PM »
:(
Can we have more time?
Stuff happens I'm afraid :(

Offline Mhx Air

• Tactian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 02:10:52 PM »
:(
Can we have more time?
Stuff happens I'm afraid :(
Haha indeed
Ha, nice. So none of us could finish 2 pages in a week. That says something about us, lol. So let's extend it to another week. Finish it by next Wednesday, in 9 days. That should be plenty of time, and maybe invite more people to join ;)
It will give me some time to add small details like leaves and attack backgrounds.
Wanna help me draw stuff? My drawings are fine, but they're just not animanga styled. If you'd like to, just shoot me a PM anytime, I'd love to see your art.

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2015, 06:18:13 PM »
Yeah we have a test today so i can make it later or tomorrow w/ lego

Offline yulemaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2015, 06:34:10 PM »
Yeaup, I'm collaborating with Killer B on this one

Offline Mhx Air

• Tactian
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 12:40:39 AM »

Alright you guys, the new week is starting. I figured I'd take a break and do some spriting. I'm very likely going to make a game for my manga, so that will be fun. Here's a picture, it auto updates sometimes.

Offline yulemaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2015, 03:41:09 AM »
Oh, I was interested in knowing what your AVI was about, and you're making your own game too? That's amazing!

Actually I finished two super sketchy ballpoint pages already, just waiting on Killer B to spurce them up and we'll submit those as our joint work.

What are you making your game in? How far along is it ?

Offline Mhx Air

• Tactian
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2015, 05:33:41 AM »
Oh, I was interested in knowing what your AVI was about, and you're making your own game too? That's amazing!

Actually I finished two super sketchy ballpoint pages already, just waiting on Killer B to spurce them up and we'll submit those as our joint work.

What are you making your game in? How far along is it ?

By AVI I assume you mean my gif avatar. That's one of the 2 characters from a long saga of stories and games filling my head and my dreams. I've been making games since middle school, so about 8 years. Instead of coding from scratch (which is much better, but I hate it so much), I have been making my recent games in Flowlab engine. I've been using the Flowlab engine for about 2 years, and I am a moderator on the forums now as the most experienced user. The engine just got a massive update that now allows porting to PC, MAC, Android and iOS devices. It's in early Pre-Alpha stage, as I just started it on Wednesday. However, if you want to be an Alpha tester, you can watch updates and such here: http://forum.flowlab.io/discussion/872/shifter-pre-alpha-test-time-challenge#Item_8

I'll get to making that manga, but then I'll be drawing images for character concept art and whatever.
Hopefully this game won't run into some massive problem like my last few. The engine just got a ton of performance updates that my old games weren't compatible with, so they stopped working right. I mean... they work... but not correctly.

Offline yulemaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2015, 06:02:19 AM »
Ah I see, that's pretty impressive. Used to dabble in game making by the software Gamemaker by Mark Overmarz. Man I loved that software. Then he sold it and it stopped being freeware and I gave up on it haha. This one could be interesting. Props

Offline Mhx Air

• Tactian
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2015, 08:38:59 AM »
I'm really regretting using GIMP. I don't know if I'll finish both pages.
I'll finish all I can, and maybe just submit hand drawings for what I didn't redo.

Offline yulemaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2015, 10:55:19 AM »
Well it's something, but the sort of vector-like lines your using are really punishing when shapes look weird. Maybe reference things like Scott Pilgrim for how to effectively use inking lines ? The head looks relatively okay at least but the rest needs some work.

Anyways Killer B is still working on the pages I drew so hoping they come in soon. *Fingers crossed*

Offline Nekonomicon

• =^.^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2015, 02:26:48 PM »
:((((((((((((((((

I don't think I'll be able to finish in time >.< It's pathetic that even 2 pages was too much :(

Offline Mhx Air

• Tactian
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2015, 05:58:44 PM »
Well it's something, but the sort of vector-like lines your using are really punishing when shapes look weird. Maybe reference things like Scott Pilgrim for how to effectively use inking lines ? The head looks relatively okay at least but the rest needs some work.

Anyways Killer B is still working on the pages I drew so hoping they come in soon. *Fingers crossed*
Oh, I just lazily shaded with gradients. GIMP and I don't get along. I probably won't even shade it from now on and just do basically this.

:((((((((((((((((

I don't think I'll be able to finish in time >.< It's pathetic that even 2 pages was too much :(
Geez, 2 weeks and none of us are finished yet? 2 pages! We must be lazy or something lol.