August 16, 2018, 10:30:15 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Want to buy CS6. HELP PLEASE! ;-;  (Read 2270 times)

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
Want to buy CS6. HELP PLEASE! ;-;
« on: April 16, 2015, 07:45:54 AM »
The title says it all. The question is, wheres the best place to buy it?I havent uodated my software in a long time and Im not experienced as it is.

Some sites offer it much cheaper than Adobe, but I wonder if its a case of "If it sounds too good to be true, it probabaly is." Some even offer a retiual version which I guess is a box and cd. But again, "Sounds too good to be true".

I want to be very careful as of course its alot of money and I dont wanna just toss that kinda cash away. Im not interested in Creative Cloud as I dont have a thousand a year to spend on a subcription, nor do i think I would use it enough for that kinda money. A one off payment is more ideal and sensible I think

Anyone whos bought this verrsion of shop, can you gimme some advice please?Ps. Im UK based living in England.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 07:57:34 AM by stardustpink »

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Want to buy CS6. HELP PLEASE! ;-;
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 10:29:57 AM »
If you are a student then check their student/teacher discounts. I think you can get around 60%.

http://www.adobe.com/education/students/how-to-buy-eligibility.edu.html?

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 10:49:43 AM »
Im afraid Im not a student. But I wanna get the full version anyway, as Im trying to get into work with my art, so. Need a full version to sell things I guess.

I just dunno whee to buy it from. Im guessing the website its self is the best bet?

Ive never bought software digitally before so Im a lil nervous, uncertain and fulla questions. I dont wanna spend alot of money if its a waste. Like if Im gonna havta repurchase it somewhere down the line if I lose my information or anything. Or if my computer breaks and the software is still on it, can I reinstall it to a new computer?

Sorry if these are dumb questsions but I know little about computers. No more than I need to anyway. I just wanna be careful

Would it be safest just buy it on the adobe website?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 10:54:12 AM by stardustpink »

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 10:59:22 AM »
Try Amazon.com  (Not Amazon.co.uk) They should have some good offers or "used items". It's software so shouldn't be a problem if it's used. lol I used Photoshop CS5 which I got from Office and it's pretty good. If you can find CS5 for cheaper go for it. There's very little difference between these 2 versions I think.

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 11:03:58 AM »
Okey I take that back. Photoshop CS6 cost around $1700 !!!! I think they have raised the price to promote this this Cloud Photoshop thing. Which you need to pay monthly !

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 11:15:38 AM »
Exaclty. ive looked at some older ones just now aswell, most are only domestic shipping, so Im out of luck living in england, and even those tend to cost a forturne!

On the website that have adobe cs6 photoshop for 660 british pounds, around the same price in us dollars. So by comarion thats not SO bad

I think Im better off getting cs6 off the website. And yeah, paying monthly? thats ridiculous! I mean who could afford that unless your a professional anyway? And almost everyone uses photoshop,sai, or mangastudio, there kinda staples when drawing digitally

Shoudl probably just purchase cs6 offa adobe eh?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 11:20:38 AM by stardustpink »

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 01:00:22 PM »
What type of things do you plan to do with it ? If it's just drawing comics then I think better go for Manga Studio which is cheaper.  Did you try GIMP ?

Also did you check ebay ? Sometimes there you can find old versions for cheaper.

Few years back Adobe stopped supporting CS2 and CS3 and let you download it from their site. Technically you are not suppose to use it for free but in reality they even stopped activation severs which means they pretty much drop the whole thing.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 02:04:25 PM »
Illustration and comics. Ive tried gimp, I found it sucked. Couldent install any ps bushes or plugins and I just got confused. And manga studio is really confusing, so I just use that for certain tasks. Photoshop has alway worked best admittedly.

I'd avoid ebay and such cuz apparrnelty you get alot of bootlegs and knockoffs. Since Im thinking of self publsihing and selling my work, Ideally Id like to go legit route. Avoid any hassle
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:00:40 AM by stardustpink »

Offline fakehero

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 05:27:21 PM »
https://creative.adobe.com/plans?single_app=photoshop?promoid=KRQMD
10 usd a month if you only want photoshop, you need to validate it once a month
-Manga Pages
     https://goo.gl/eJCSvn
-Speeddrawings
     https://www.youtube.com/c/notoheroto

Offline dennyscomics

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 07:20:25 PM »
photoshop is $10 a month and you can cancel at anytime.

Offline MisterSherbetLemon

• The MangaRaiders Political Correctness Enforcer...Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 04:38:57 AM »
Does noone use torrents anymore? :P