April 18, 2024, 11:14:01 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Looking for an experienced Manga artist  (Read 3580 times)

Offline Garasaki

• View Profile
Looking for an experienced Manga artist
« on: March 14, 2009, 09:52:14 PM »
Hi there. I am currently looking for an experienced Mangaka for my manga. The first chapter of the story is already done and just looking for a mangaka to do the drawings and hopefully keep on developing in the near future. A few things you should know beforehand:

1. If you are willing to take part of the manga, you WILL get paid for it.

2. As you are paid, you are expected to do the best quality work you can offer. Also having time to do the artwork. If you are working at too many projects i suggest you don't apply due to the large amount of work to be done.

3. You must have all the necessary tools for you to work.

Also, you should have a good grasp of anatomy and backgrounds, as the story has a lot of backgrounds.Here is a small sample of the story for you to get a general feel of the manga:

It was 5:00 am when it happened. Blood had pooled all over the floor. The room emitted a strange, dark aura, standing as a warning for anyone that approached. Looking at the slashed walls and smelling the fresh scent of blood. A deadly battle has been fought here. Inside the room, you could see two face-down bodies; one of them had a sword encrusted in his chest, while the other was nearly sliced in half. A strange old man came out of the shadows and looked over the bodies of those poor souls. “Pity” the old man said. “They were great friends in the beginning and mortal enemies in the end.” A woman dressed in a kimono walked into the room and quickly burst into tears.
“It’s all my fault!” she cried to herself.
The old man immediately recognized her.
“Mitsumi, please do not blame them for their actions, they loved you so much that they fought for that love. Let us go outside and pray for their souls.”
-A Flashback enters. This is where the story truly begins-

If you are interested in taking part of this manga project.. Please reply to this thread. If you have further questions i will answer them.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 09:55:16 PM by Garasaki »

Offline creativeflow20

• View Profile
Re: Looking for an experienced Manga artist
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 09:56:34 PM »
hey, did you post in deviant art as well? http://forum.deviantart.com/jobs/offers/1295173/
 if you are the same person, i already sent you an email with quick sample sketches.
 but i quite like the story so if you are still deciding on an artist, i actually want to do a good version of the first page.

Offline Cache

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 07:55:20 AM »
I'd honestly be interested but as you stated I don't have the time =\. Hope you grab someone up!
The website!!! Go and Enjoy! www.adventuresofyaz.com

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 02:52:39 PM »
the story sounds good but im a writer not an artist so good luck on your search!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

dawood

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 03:00:33 PM »
this is a forum to find and experience artist....  not to find someone to wish him luck..   you couldn't have been less helpful... why not atleast point him in the direction of a good artist..

Offline Cache

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 10:40:19 PM »
sadly there is no "right direction". ANyone can google commission artist or manga artist which I'm sure he's done so lol us telling him that wouldn't be any more helpful. And most commission artist I know want $25 to $50 a page and honestly I wouldn't suggest those prices to anyone.
The website!!! Go and Enjoy! www.adventuresofyaz.com

dawood

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 01:21:49 AM »
sadly there is no "right direction". ANyone can google commission artist or manga artist which I'm sure he's done so lol us telling him that wouldn't be any more helpful. And most commission artist I know want $25 to $50 a page and honestly I wouldn't suggest those prices to anyone.

the guy said he is willing to pay... if know you people... who are willing to draw for money... shouldn't you give hime your contacts?

you not only depriving the manga writer of his vision... but your friends don't get to make a bit of money on the side

Offline Garasaki

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 10:37:27 PM »
Hey all, its been a while :) Just letting you all know i finally found someone to draw the manga. I'll be posting a 10-page teaser soon. Thanks for all your support!

Garasaki