November 19, 2019, 10:41:11 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Artist Needed! (Collab)  (Read 2428 times)

Offline AmanoMai

• View Profile
Re: Artist Needed! (Collab)
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 11:31:09 AM »
so does this guy want to scavenge ship, treasure hunt or be a get backer

Spoiler
decide on one will you  :sheep:

Offline liuxess

• Love ya! <3
  • I would kill you, but that would stop your pain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 11:40:57 AM »
That synopsis sounds really awkward to me....  Feels like you're writing random sentences, which don't make sense with each other
(Also, does now every story that involves a ship remind of OP? )
I don't create stories, I relive them ;)
I'm in development of one right now, so please check it out:
 http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,15050.0.html
If you want me to check out YOUR story,  just PM me.

Offline Chibu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 02:35:29 PM »
He's a get backer who took on the job from a noble to get the treasure back but in his way he meets all types of difficulties. But in the process of this he's slowly building an invincible get back troupe and retrieving the treasure which no one knows where it's located would complete this goal, by the way i never said the ship part was what made it look like one piece, the treasure which no one knows where it's located makes it look like one piece, how's that hard to figure out?

Offline liuxess

• Love ya! <3
  • I would kill you, but that would stop your pain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2015, 02:38:33 PM »
From your first post, yes
I don't create stories, I relive them ;)
I'm in development of one right now, so please check it out:
 http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,15050.0.html
If you want me to check out YOUR story,  just PM me.

Offline Chibu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2015, 02:44:16 PM »
Also i never mentioned that it's the finished version of the idea i just wrote out the basic idea, and yes the get backer anime already exists but that doesn't mean. No other mangas can have get backers. Are you trying to imply that other anime/manga can't have pirates,ninjas,wizards just because mangas like fairy tail,one piece, naruto exist? That's ludicrous

Offline Chibu

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2015, 02:46:59 PM »
liuxess the reason i didn't put up the story along my post is cause it still sounds awkward as you said, you can fully criticize it when it's done.

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2015, 03:48:44 PM »
liuxess the reason i didn't put up the story along my post is cause it still sounds awkward as you said, you can fully criticize it when it's done.

Fully understandable!  :thumbsup:

From what I read from the plot, the young boy wants to form a team of invincible get backers, then goes to conquer an ancient warship and decides to conquer all the other mystical warships while at the same time searching for the guardian's treasure that also holds unbelievable power.

I don't think I need to mention anything specifically to show this plot needs readjusting  :sure: however, I do believe the plot has potential! What it does need is a flow, and (this is my personal opinion and in no way reflects the original writer's intent) what could happen is that the young boy starts out with the simple task of getting together a crew to work for him, but he slowly escalates to desiring more bolder, more dangerous dreams such as become immortal and become master of all warships (potentially as he grows with age) What this story really is (in my opinion) is a compilation of many short stories about the same young age (or arcs if you prefer) fulfilling requests and taking on tasks all while aiming for the ultimate goal of becoming the most powerful man in the world (probably not what the writer imagines)

Anyways, what I dislike about some posters around here is that they become too judgmental and not enough constructive criticism. Instead of diving into why they like or don't like about the story presented, they tend to leave it blank, as in "This story seems awkward" or "This story is all over the place" (you can see why people would get offended if you don't elaborate, not that I can blame as this Is a community of amateurs, not proper critics you would normally see) That would have to change around here if people expect the best of MangaRaiders. But enough of my off-track rant!

Keep on writing my fellow writer, and perhaps you'll reach the goal you sought to achieve  ;)
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
Re: Artist Needed! (Collab) -Paid-
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2015, 04:11:20 PM »

That's a matter up to opinion  ;) It all depends on the team itself, and as everyone knows, you can't stereotype every team on the planet.

well that is up to the artist, what the artist really think of. in the end your role is not a artist, so you will not understand until you try to be 1.  but if you really want to know go and make a vote, and see how many artist agree with that.

i speak as what i know, if people take what i say that good for me ,
 if people don't like what i say then, what can i say.

you want to speak for writer, that is fine, but i speak as a artist. if there is artist does not agree with me, it is fine for me that we  debate . but if you speak for writer, you shouldn't keep saying that that is only me who saying it.
as you don't know what artist are thinking.

and we all know that 1 black sheep does not mean all sheep are black. but  it is a very common thing that all artist or designer that have to work for other, understand that it is always hard to work with or for other, as writer love to make it hard for the artist,  not because they want to but it is a very common thing.  and it is our job as a artist and designer to understand what they want and what they want to say.   so here i am not saying that writer is bad, all i am saying that is also 1 of the artist job, and is 1 of the harder thing to do. which only artist will understand.
and writer love to say thing like the artist is bad or don't understand, as they can simple 1 look and say if the drawing or design is good or bad.
but artist can't say much about the writer or story until there is more to see.   so  most people don't really understand what artist have to do to make other people story.   in the end, artist who want to make manga it is always better to make their own story then help with other.

in the end it is up to the writer to understand what artist are thinking,  as it is the writer need artist for manga,
and not artist need writer , as artist can make their own story for manga.

and a point of view, writer always like to think that they the 1 who make the story so they are the god of their story. but never do they think what we artist can do, we can also make a story too.  but problem come with if the writer are really doing their job. or just pushing job to other.    it is easy for other to see what have the artist did, but is hard to see what have  the writer did.

and at another point of view, if you think you are good, you can always make a novel. when you get money for your novel you can pay a artist.

and forget to say 1 thing, 1 of the big mistakes that writer does do is that, they think writer and artist are the same, that is why most writer always like to do 50/50.  but most of the time the writer are not even ready.
but really, again if the writer really that good go make it in to a novel and sell it then hire a artist.

It goes both ways, not just one Kinre. Both the writer and the artist must be good in their work. But most importantly, they must be compatible.

A good writer cannot always draw well, and a good artist cannot always write well. If you can do both, good for you. (I can't speak for everything or everyone...)

But to the point, this is a forum for constructive criticism, to help improve someone's plot or artwork, not to push one's ideas or opinions. You can say things from your own experience, but you must say it is your own, not speak as if you know everything. You can easily start an argument here by doing that. ^-^

Always remember to keep the posts in context of the OP.   :thumbsup:

Offline Chibu

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2015, 05:43:19 PM »
Thanks man :) i'll keep on writing and make the story more understandable.

Offline DeAngelus

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2015, 06:52:12 PM »
Lol , you people ! Whenever kinre replies to a thread , this happens .

I understand what you guys mean, i've made a shorter story before with a different artist that had to quit due to college and stuff but it eventually worked out a bit. I'll be sending the plot and chapters on artist whom are interested on pm. I've had bad experiences before just posting the plot on a forum it ended up getting ripped off from me. If i did say it'll take ten years its because everything i have in my mind would really take that long i already have at least 15 arcs planned out along my illustrator. The artist will be fully paid if we succeed in getting published he'll be having 60% of the payments. :)

It's a recommendation for newbies to start off with a short story as it helps to educate the story-makers get used to creating a solid story . Also , artist don't usually bother PM the person for their story as they usually are pretty busy themselves - they prefer a brisk swipes of sneak peeks instead , so the best option is to do the way you don't intend to do , which is to post your story here . They only seek stories that fits their interest & free time & only then , they'll PM you . Yes , it is a risk , but here's the thing - any artistic creation posted up on the internet suffers the same issues as well , including artists whom you're looking for .

So like Sukebe had already mentioned , post necessary information here . If you feel like not posting chapters here , it's fine but you still need to post the summary , settings & character profile at least (If it has some sort of utilization of tools in general , you need to give a brief descriptions on it as well) . I'd agree with him also on the point where the artists would not take the gamble even if you manage to get in touch with a publisher . You need more than contacts if you want some sort of legit credibility/approval on your story & that's something what artists is looking for ... partly .

Speaking of fun , I've known people who somehow have fun just by working hard ...

... make a vote, and see how many artist agree with that.
Tempting ...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 06:55:45 PM by DeAngelus »
PM me if you wanted a critique. It takes time for one to come to you, so please be patient.

If you wanted it to be public or private, do tell me.

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2015, 08:08:19 PM »
As DeAngelus said, it's recommended you do so.

Not Required, but recommended. Better chances people will latch on to your project if you have some mind-brilliant stories that breaks all norms (A glory in which all aspiring writers seek to grasp!). People inherently won't go through the trouble of PMing you if all you send is a mild to mediocre story out the door (no offense intended ^-^) There's always this overhanging cloud of thought that people will steal your story and idea for their own purpose. Fortunately, not many people do that to begin with, most stories are rehashes anyways therefore you can still get credit for your own creation, this is a very small community of amateurs meaning there isn't much of anyone around here who even have the means of making a production, and as a last resort you could always throw out an expendable story idea as a testing ground, something you don't mind people to look at.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 08:10:22 PM by Operative13 »

Offline kinre

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2015, 03:23:01 AM »

It goes both ways, not just one Kinre. Both the writer and the artist must be good in their work. But most importantly, they must be compatible.

A good writer cannot always draw well, and a good artist cannot always write well. If you can do both, good for you. (I can't speak for everything or everyone...)

But to the point, this is a forum for constructive criticism, to help improve someone's plot or artwork, not to push one's ideas or opinions. You can say things from your own experience, but you must say it is your own, not speak as if you know everything. You can easily start an argument here by doing that. ^-^

Always remember to keep the posts in context of the OP.   :thumbsup:

again, keep saying thing are 50/50, but is not, writer are always writer artist are always artist, is their mind set.

and again, you are trying to make a manga, so is artist base, not writer base like a novel

and the context for the OP are finding a artist, not improving how to write,
now i am saying thing of what a artist are thinking, and writer will need to know what the artist like to have, and not from a writer.

and the thing you are saying ,is also base of what you thinking, but it does sound like you are saying is the only right way.

i don't talk nice, but does not mean i not helping, wise person learn from your friend and foe , and not just follow to people who   talk nice.

and i believe  argument is where we learn thing. can't always stay at your safe zone.
trying to be pro drawer