August 07, 2020, 06:07:38 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Artist Needed! (Collab)  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Chibu

• View Profile
Artist Needed! (Collab)
« on: February 21, 2015, 08:59:12 PM »
Well hey there guys i've been looking for an artist for my manga for ages now and no results, i got in touch with a publisher now. If we do get published the artist will be having 60% of the payments while i get the 40% which will be sealed with a contract. The manga's a shounen adventure. Which could probably take 10 or more years to complete, if you're interested in knowing more about the story and so on just drop by a pm i'll reply ASAP. I also already have 3 chapters written out if that would help. :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 08:40:42 AM by Hasith »

Offline Sukebe

• View Profile
Re: Artist Needed! (Collab) -Paid-
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 09:31:06 PM »
It would help you if you'll post the plot/summary, genre, characters, and a chapter or two... most people would expect you to have more chapters ready though, not just 3.

Since you said "paid" in your title but then you're 15 and just in talks with a publisher (I doubt they'll be convinced with just 3 chapters), I presume that this a back-end deal in which - most artist would not take the gamble.

Anyways, good luck finding an artist.

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 11:16:46 PM »
Reading your description, I'm assuming you already have 3 chapters laid out but none of them are illustrated, so in order to convince the publisher to print your work, you need an artist to do that. And by pay you mean paid in royalty, not actual paychecks. My suggestion would be to elaborate on your current situation so potential artists don't get confused or trapped in situations they don't want to be in.

Other than that, good luck on your ventures!  ;)
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Offline kinre

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 01:57:22 AM »
at last i will say he do better then some people who only say is fun to make a manga and let make together.

most of the time the artist will only care how much work they have to do, and how good the person writing skill.

most writer skill is bad, very bad until that the artist will have to do a lot of work, more work then if he or she do it alone. 

so unless you story and writing skill is soo good, no artist will help you with out a good pay for a long story.
trying to be pro drawer

Offline AmanoMai

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 02:34:40 AM »
at last i will say he do better then some people who only say is fun to make a manga and let make together.

well now

could probably take 10 or more years to complete

i on the other hand think he's just throwing himself in a different pit

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 02:54:39 AM »
Hey, why don't you try making some shorter series first, if you look at Fairy Tail it wasn't his first manga...  Most people don't just create great mangas on their first try...  Trust me when I say this, your later works will be far better than the stories you have now because of the experience you will of gotten from the previous stuff

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 02:55:25 AM »

most of the time the artist will only care how much work they have to do, and how good the person writing skill.

most writer skill is bad, very bad until that the artist will have to do a lot of work, more work then if he or she do it alone. 

so unless you story and writing skill is soo good, no artist will help you with out a good pay for a long story.

Isn't that being a bit too judgmental about things?  :glare:
Careful what you say, MangaRaiders isn't just artists alone. Writers are just as good and capable in their work as well!  :cop:

And what's so wrong about doing things just for the fun of it? No need to be so utilitarian about it...  :unsure:

Offline darlingGrim

• Deleted
  • Fight the moe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 03:44:31 AM »
Not necessarily. Manga is fun when it comes to coming up with stories. Drawing it becomes less fun the more difficult it gets. Authors tend to ask for really difficult things to draw. Asking for multiple actions for one panel that just don't make sense or really expansive backgrounds. Some aren't very good at elaborating which increases the artists frustrations and makes the entire project not fun anymore. Sometimes you struggle to draw what they want and then when you do your really happy until they ask you to redo it or have the next page be 10x worse when it comes to difficulty level.

Drawing is only fun if you like what your drawing, stories can start out fun but then head in a different direction.
For example Fanservice kills all fun for me and I don't want to draw anymore or the main character says/does something horrible that the author wanted to be seen in a good light. Thinking up new concepts is really fun though (actually writing it not so much -for me anyway but I'm not a writer).

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 03:59:27 AM »
Not necessarily. Manga is fun when it comes to coming up with stories. Drawing it becomes less fun the more difficult it gets. Authors tend to ask for really difficult things to draw. Asking for multiple actions for one panel that just don't make sense or really expansive backgrounds. Some aren't very good at elaborating which increases the artists frustrations and makes the entire project not fun anymore. Sometimes you struggle to draw what they want and then when you do your really happy until they ask you to redo it or have the next page be 10x worse when it comes to difficulty level.

Drawing is only fun if you like what your drawing, stories can start out fun but then head in a different direction.
For example Fanservice kills all fun for me and I don't want to draw anymore or the main character says/does something horrible that the author wanted to be seen in a good light. Thinking up new concepts is really fun though (actually writing it not so much -for me anyway but I'm not a writer).

That's a matter up to opinion  ;) It all depends on the team itself, and as everyone knows, you can't stereotype every team on the planet.

Offline Chibu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 07:10:19 AM »
I understand what you guys mean, i've made a shorter story before with a different artist that had to quit due to college and stuff but it eventually worked out a bit. I'll be sending the plot and chapters on artist whom are interested on pm. I've had bad experiences before just posting the plot on a forum it ended up getting ripped off from me. If i did say it'll take ten years its because everything i have in my mind would really take that long i already have at least 15 arcs planned out along my illustrator. The artist will be fully paid if we succeed in getting published he'll be having 60% of the payments. :)

Offline kinre

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 08:23:03 AM »

That's a matter up to opinion  ;) It all depends on the team itself, and as everyone knows, you can't stereotype every team on the planet.

well that is up to the artist, what the artist really think of. in the end your role is not a artist, so you will not understand until you try to be 1.  but if you really want to know go and make a vote, and see how many artist agree with that.

i speak as what i know, if people take what i say that good for me ,
 if people don't like what i say then, what can i say.

you want to speak for writer, that is fine, but i speak as a artist. if there is artist does not agree with me, it is fine for me that we  debate . but if you speak for writer, you shouldn't keep saying that that is only me who saying it.
as you don't know what artist are thinking.

and we all know that 1 black sheep does not mean all sheep are black. but  it is a very common thing that all artist or designer that have to work for other, understand that it is always hard to work with or for other, as writer love to make it hard for the artist,  not because they want to but it is a very common thing.  and it is our job as a artist and designer to understand what they want and what they want to say.   so here i am not saying that writer is bad, all i am saying that is also 1 of the artist job, and is 1 of the harder thing to do. which only artist will understand.
and writer love to say thing like the artist is bad or don't understand, as they can simple 1 look and say if the drawing or design is good or bad.
but artist can't say much about the writer or story until there is more to see.   so  most people don't really understand what artist have to do to make other people story.   in the end, artist who want to make manga it is always better to make their own story then help with other.

in the end it is up to the writer to understand what artist are thinking,  as it is the writer need artist for manga,
and not artist need writer , as artist can make their own story for manga.

and a point of view, writer always like to think that they the 1 who make the story so they are the god of their story. but never do they think what we artist can do, we can also make a story too.  but problem come with if the writer are really doing their job. or just pushing job to other.    it is easy for other to see what have the artist did, but is hard to see what have  the writer did.

and at another point of view, if you think you are good, you can always make a novel. when you get money for your novel you can pay a artist.

and forget to say 1 thing, 1 of the big mistakes that writer does do is that, they think writer and artist are the same, that is why most writer always like to do 50/50.  but most of the time the writer are not even ready.
but really, again if the writer really that good go make it in to a novel and sell it then hire a artist.

well now

could probably take 10 or more years to complete

i on the other hand think he's just throwing himself in a different pit

i agree that he is making a diff pit to jump in, but better then jumping the same old pit which we know that will fail
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 09:52:32 AM by kinre »
trying to be pro drawer

Offline thegeekismad

• Deleted
    • View Profile
Re: Artist Needed! (Collab)
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 09:56:36 AM »
Lol kinre your rants sounds like it's coming from a little kid. @chibu I'll introduce you to my team but all 9 of us are currently working on a huge title so I still do suggest you post more about your idea so other people can also witness your talent.

Offline kinre

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 11:07:47 AM »
is that so? well why does it sound like a kid.

and  i do will like to know if people view will change when people see how well the artist can draw.

and 1 more thing word are cheap.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 11:13:06 AM by kinre »
trying to be pro drawer

Offline Sukebe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 11:22:05 AM »
Kinre, where are you from?

Offline Chibu

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2015, 11:23:47 AM »
My story has a little bit of once piece like in it but i make it unique here we go:

A young boy who has a dream of having the most invincible get back troupe. Which consists of people that get anything back no matter the cost, One day, he sets out to make his dream a reality. He discovers an ancient warship, and eventually, conquers the soul of warship. Then, he finds out that there are more of those warships and that each of them has a unique ability. Later, the young boy remembers his original goal and moves to searching for those warships as well as a decent get back troupe however, on his way a job spread out to every criminal in the world, that the world's guardian died and left behind a treasure. That would grant you eternal life, wealth, women etc these rumors spread out and he set out for this treasure along with his troupe, he encounters many crazy but interesting adventures.