March 25, 2019, 11:54:07 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Poll

what is your family's reaction concerning your manga passion

they hate it because they think it's pervert or violent
3 (5%)
no reaction: they think it's only a teenager hobby
25 (41.7%)
they are interested and congrat your art
18 (30%)
you hide your manga passion so they don't know about it
14 (23.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: how do your family react concerning your manga passion?  (Read 21245 times)

Offline xristie9

• View Profile
Re: how do your family react concerning your manga passion?
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2013, 05:13:54 AM »
My parents think that its a waste of time and I must focus on studies,....

:cop: definetly focus on your studies!!! If you enter university you will have like endless time for manga!!!
...but that said a woman who endured sleepless nights by watching anime and reading manga in her high school days...

my parents were never concerned whit it, I separated my anime watching passion from school... they even let me have one wall in their room which was glued with posters of Sailor Moon characters... man painting the wall and getting of the glue was a pain once I grew up...  :sick:

Offline miomaneku

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2013, 05:33:05 AM »
My parents think that its a waste of time and I must focus on studies,....

:cop: definetly focus on your studies!!! If you enter university you will have like endless time for manga!!!
...but that said a woman who endured sleepless nights by watching anime and reading manga in her high school days...

my parents were never concerned whit it, I separated my anime watching passion from school... they even let me have one wall in their room which was glued with posters of Sailor Moon characters... man painting the wall and getting of the glue was a pain once I grew up...  :sick:
Studies is gonna b my first priority...

Offline xristie9

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2013, 05:41:13 AM »

If you prove this with you school marks, there is nothing to be concerned with, I think they will not make a fuss is you are good in school.... good luck!

Offline miomaneku

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2013, 05:44:54 AM »

If you prove this with you school marks, there is nothing to be concerned with, I think they will not make a fuss is you are good in school.... good luck!
Thnx I gtg now to study :love:

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2013, 05:56:52 AM »
they think its a waste of money and the devil's comics
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2013, 03:38:12 AM »
This is why I just hide it the best I can. Their reactions can really put a dampener on things for me.

Offline TiNoSa

• FanArtist
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2013, 02:19:13 AM »
In my case, my parents couldn't care less, lol  :D
They never said anything about it since I started watching anime, reading mangas or drawing things related to this (they like the fact that I draw because they see it at something "productive"). I remember that their only complaints were related to the amount of money I used to spend buying mangas and artbooks. But since it was the money I got from my own job, they didn't complain much, only said that it would be better if I saved some. But I continued buying anyway xD
I remember that, once, my father accidentally saw some yaoi mangas that arrived by mail and one day both my parents saw a blog where I posted reviews of yaoi mangas, mostly, with images included (lol) and the only thing they said was "ooh, we saw your blog, it's nice", and I just wanted to break a hole in the wall and hide my face in there, haha, it was embarassing. My father even asked me someday, out of the blue: "do you still read hentai?" (for him, yaoi = hentai, lololol). It was funny.

The most interesting thing is that my research at the university is related to mangas and this way I could show them that mangas can even be an interesting study subject and I could prove the same to some of my teachers. I'm proud that I like this part of japanese culture and I don't hide it from anybody. Instead, I try to show them its importance and what they're missing  ;D

[Sorry for English mistakes, as always]

Offline Aster Lawrence

• Is Not A Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2014, 12:32:24 PM »
Ridiculed at every moment, especially by older siblings. But I have dreams and I want to chase them even if everyone makes fun of them IRL.
Solitude is thy companion.

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2014, 12:37:20 PM »
Ridiculed at every moment, especially by older siblings. But I have dreams and I want to chase them even if everyone makes fun of them IRL.

Never give up my friend! :)

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2014, 01:28:00 PM »

Before I found what I truly loved to do (drawing manga, of course!) I had a bit of an obsession with pleasing those around me with what I did. It only ended in sadness and constant frustration. What I learned from this was that a passion/hobby is something you should do to make yourself happy without concerning yourself with what those around you think. So, do what you love and follow those dreams! ^-^

Anyway, as for my family... It's a mix. Only one of my close family members actually likes anime/manga, but even a few of those who don't still respect/support my art. They don't support manga directly, but they support my art itself.  However, some of my family members are strongly against manga. They'll say my art is good, but I can tell they don't really support it.

Offline GingerStark

• Social & Political Scientist
  • There is no single truth, only contingent theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2014, 02:03:59 PM »
My dad took a weird approach to it. He doesn't like the constant shouting, monologues or fan service, but he likes he creativity and action. My mum and sister think it's western cartoons. My grandparents seem to like the culture side of it. And my uncle became an addict after I showed him HOTD  8)

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2014, 02:06:41 PM »
Hahaha you got your family to watch it? Lucky.

Offline GingerStark

• Social & Political Scientist
  • There is no single truth, only contingent theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2014, 02:24:57 PM »
It's all a matter of being selective. Obviously something like School Days will get me sent to a mental hospital, but something mature like Black Lagoon appeals to his interests :D

Offline Aster Lawrence

• Is Not A Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2014, 02:38:55 PM »
No one would watch any anime I suggest. The problem is, I have an opinion. Once they understand that yes my common sense has advanced a bit so that I feel like having opinions, then I'll try to get them to understand my opinions. HahahaHAHAHAHAHA. *I am evil*
Solitude is thy companion.

Offline Hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2014, 04:54:34 PM »
I showed my mother the first episode of Shingeki No Kyojin, not sure whether she liked it or not because she likes to be hard to read and friggin awkward by saying "ooh interesting" -_-, but im slowly pushing her to read death note XD. my father is someone who I know will never get it. He watches sport a lot and is VERY stereotypical.  Was watching despicable me 2 and he said "your almost 18 and your watching cartoons", and he wonders why I dont talk to him. My elder sister... im gonna assume she knows what anime is, but she watches Jersey Shore... do I need to say more?