August 07, 2020, 06:06:29 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Looking for manga artist for negotiations on a project.  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Jonathansarrows

• 7 year seeker of the artist
  • It's how I roll...
    • View Profile
Looking for manga artist for negotiations on a project.
« on: February 12, 2015, 08:28:41 PM »
Looking for am artist for a project I've been working on. I cannot give them money as I am broke sadly. But I only ask that you hear me out first. I have been seeking a manga artist for 7 years now and I honestly have never doubted myself. I have many ideas fleshed out but honestly I'm only gonna put the one I am thinking about currently.

(Note I'm only giving a general synopsis of the plot to avoid both spoilers if said idea gets used.)

1: Herosplash

"Abe Arashi is the the top 3rd student. He knows it too. And being the third has several disadvantages when your parents expect you to be first, your not in the coveted #1 spot... well maybe being 3rd wouldn't be so bad if you were cool or good looking or whatever... but no your glasses look clunky and
you have absolutely no sync. His rhythm is legendary for being so out of tune it restricts him from doing anything involving repeated movements. And he has to deal with his only friend being the exchange student who barely speaks Japanese.(At least he's nice.) But the worst is... thanks to his parents badgering he has made an enemy of...

Sora Amaya... the 2nd highest grades in the school and born to a rather poor family. She wants to escape her home plain and simple and Arashi's constant advances on her hard earned position she's obviously not his biggest fan. In fact she hates his guts and bullies him like no one's business. But she also hates working part time as a maid for...

Tadashi Adamson

1st place son of a businessman and inventor and half English... well he's the pretty boy who looks good in glasses. He's the heir to his father's corp. Yadda yadda yadda... well his dead dad was an Uber genius whose inventions changed the medical world but in his will he left his greatest achievements in a locked room in his basement. But ultimately he's rather lonely. And when he has a sudden burst of inspiration to throw an end of the summer party at his estate and everyone is invited he doesn't expect that the 2nd and 3rd in his school find one of his dad's old prototypes and find themselves fused into a machine... and their flesh bodies have been converted into a body of water they can control with their minds! And on the insistence of

Ashen Lord, Arashi's only friend and exchange student, the two become superherodes (or hero): HEROSPLASH!

Pages per week, few weeks are negotiable. As are anything you need.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 09:28:01 PM by Jonathansarrows »
Achievement unlocked: Found a website for manga artists. 500 Gamerscore

Offline Aozora

• The Not-So-Prolific Writer
  • Occasional writing - feel free to review
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for manga writer for negotiations on a project.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 08:37:57 PM »
Hey I like your story up until this part:

the 2nd and 3rd in his school find one of his dad's old prototypes and find themselves fused into a machine... and their flesh bodies have been converted into a body of water they can control with their minds! And on the insistence of

Ashen Lord, Arashi's only friend and exchange student, the two become superheroes: (or hero) HEROSPLASH!

After reading that, I was like "wut"...It just seems very random and out of place.

Good luck finding an artist though.

P.S. Sorry, but you can't post your email. It's one of the rules.
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Check out my stories here: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php?topic=12492.msg213349#msg213349

Offline Jonathansarrows

• It's how I roll...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 08:58:42 PM »
It's meant to be a superhero story along with a few other things my fellow otaku can probably figure out from the description alone.

Offline darlingGrim

• Deleted
  • Fight the moe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 08:59:51 PM »
Hello, good sir, you seem to be sending mixed messages.

You put looking for writer in the title and then put both in the description (and it's in the artist wanted section) so it's bit confusing. You'll have trouble finding someone if you don't clarify. Good luck!

Offline Jonathansarrows

• It's how I roll...
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for manga artist for negotiations on a project.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 09:28:23 PM »
I was so nervous I didn't even notice.

Offline kinre

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 03:29:19 AM »
is really very confuse, and base on what you had write, can't really tell what the story is about.

if you want to find a artist it is always best to  let people know what the story is about,  and not giving char information. 

and show how you going to show the artist your story, etc novel,script,sketch/name/storyboard. that is what artist will take note when helping other people too.
trying to be pro drawer

Offline Jonathansarrows

• It's how I roll...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 10:36:07 AM »
How much of the story should I post? All of it? (No sarcasm sincere question.)

Offline AmanoMai

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 10:52:17 AM »
How much of the story should I post? All of it? (No sarcasm sincere question.)

no need to post the whole thing.
a couple chapters are fine

also, while I understand you're a writer, some sketches of the character design would increase your chances.

even though artists are the one who're supposed to draw it in the first place, artist work with visual, and there fore they're also attracted easily by visuals.

finally, I'd recommend a one shot, something short and to the point, 15- 20 pages maybe?
it's a tall order to find a partner for a whole series right away.

if you found an artist, have a one-shot drawn, you can use that as a bait later to find artist even easier.
a finished manga is more appealing than wall of text.

Offline kinre

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 05:19:08 PM »
i agree with amanomai ,
although there a few thing i will change,

1 chap is more then enough, it can tell your writing skill and many other thing,  and i will also say that, a long story is just the same as short story, it just you keep using the same char and background setting only.

make use of every chap, and take it like is a short story is the best.  if the first  chap is boring no 1 is going to cont.

and about the char design,  the important i believe is not about drawing but how detail you can make it ether in writing or drawing .   most writer i see they just give information of the char to draw which is boring,  etc 167 tall, green eye , school clothing or something.  i think that is bad, because the writer just write what he want to look like. and not really  about how viewer feel the char. 
i am going to give a etc how i will say but again every 1 is  diff, 
char is a guy that look like around 30 , that look very big and tall ,and have a big stoma , even though he look big  he have a sad looking face ,  and his clothing look like he work as a chief.
trying to be pro drawer

Offline zettai

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 07:43:14 PM »
hey

just wanted to mention some things, because of what I've read your story seems very random and not very good thought-out...

"Abe Arashi is the the top 3rd student. He knows it too. And being the third has several disadvantages when your parents expect you to be first, your not in the coveted #1 spot... well maybe being 3rd wouldn't be so bad if you were cool or good looking or whatever... but no your glasses look clunky and
you have absolutely no sync. His rhythm is legendary for being so out of tune it restricts him from doing anything involving repeated movements. And he has to deal with his only friend being the exchange student who barely speaks Japanese.(At least he's nice.) But the worst is... thanks to his parents badgering he has made an enemy of...

1. why is he the 3rd best student? he seems to be a "good-for-nothing" the way you describe him

2. why does he have "to deal with his only friend"? if you "have to deal" with someone, its most likely you dont like that person or if someone orders you to. otherwise there would be no reason to mention it. he is his friend right? seems paradox you see

3. why would it be less bad to be the 3rd, when you are good-looking or cool? that makes no sense. he is the 3rd best student, so he has to be smart or have other qualities, so why would he need to be handsome or cool? thats a kinda shallow and childish thinking

Sora Amaya... the 2nd highest grades in the school and born to a rather poor family. She wants to escape her home plain and simple and Arashi's constant advances on her hard earned position she's obviously not his biggest fan. In fact she hates his guts and bullies him like no one's business. But she also hates working part time as a maid for...

1. she is the 2nd best stundent. so she has to be very intellectual and smart. would a smart, intelligent girl bully someone else, because Arashi is competing for becoming better? would an intellectual girl waste her thoughts and time for rivalry matters? no she wouldnt, she would not give a single f*** about Arashi

2. Such an intelligent girl wouldn't work as a maid, she would be smart enough to earn money a different way because intelligent people have a strong sense of morality. she would be like "I'm to good to be a maid".

well and the last part about Tadashi is just truly random. a lot of things just dont seem to be cohesive and a lot of information is just irrelevant.

i really do not want to make your story look bad or so and I can imagine you spent some time of thinking about this but this is just my opinion and as an artist myself your story wouldnt convince me at all

maybe you should get off with this "ranking"-concept. personally, I wouldn't care if a character is the best or the worst. thats just unneccessary.

for example, the school could be a school for "extraordinary" students. Everybody would be the same intelligent and everything's okay.

regards
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:51:02 PM by zettai »

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 08:22:58 PM »
Change the title and add if it's Paid or Free or a Colab.