August 07, 2020, 05:24:24 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: CLOSED: One-Shot Team, currently looking for BG artist, see page 2  (Read 3873 times)

Offline Julius Caesar

• Yo!
  • Recruiting group, working on anatomy & 1shot ideas
    • View Profile
Re: EDIT: Unpaid - small team of writers/artists for one-shots !
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 09:49:02 AM »
Kinre you're right, I'm sure both of you understand story writing on that level anyway, I was literally telling my girlfriend that on the way to uni like an hour ago.

A writer must understand what comes with writing before he writes a manga story. However, Kinre I think Objective was getting at a different point  ::) :D
“I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.”

Offline kinre

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 10:28:32 AM »

A writer must understand what comes with writing before he writes a manga story. However, Kinre I think Objective was getting at a different point  ::) :D

i didn't get that.   

but let me say other thing for a while,  the harder part in a team, will be team work, and alot of problem will be there, so i will suggest   that you should make thing easy for other, let other to work on small part, focus on their part.

and just to add on, i am a artist and a ass person to most people who know me, as i had see many writer always ask for artist, but yet had no ideal if their writing skill is up to the level.   
i can't really say if you got skill in writing but i just want to let you know that making a manga is alot harder then a novel. which most people always say that they know making manga is hard but all i see is that they have no ideal.

so if you just want to have fun you should just think of making it in to a novel.
trying to be pro drawer

Offline Julius Caesar

• Yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 12:24:34 PM »
Regardless, nice to meet you dude.  ;)
Trust me, people with your mindset push people towards making good quality work, respect.

I would dispute that, you seem to acknowledge the difficulty of manga writing but underestimate novel writing, I also think that type of statement is down to opinion mostly, in which they are the 'cheapest commodities'
so we can just agree to disagree.

8)

“I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.”

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 01:08:10 PM »
The plan is to get a thread started here for our group or elsewhere, however here may be most convenient.

I shall therefore spread the word of this and help get this ambitious project of yours off the ground.  :thumbsup:
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Offline kinre

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015, 02:09:39 PM »

I would dispute that, you seem to acknowledge the difficulty of manga writing but underestimate novel writing, I also think that type of statement is down to opinion mostly, in which they are the 'cheapest commodities'
so we can just agree to disagree.

i didn't underestimate novel writing,  it just come from what i know,  from exp and from what i see.
is most people thinking that making a manga is the same as novel,  but the problem of  that is that manga and novel is not the same thing from the start,  both type of writing need to be diff. 

and novel got alot more way to make it then manga.  and the time is needed is also a big diff.  but people still like to think they are the same, cause they are in a book.
trying to be pro drawer

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2015, 02:57:30 PM »
the ideal amount I am aiming for is 6-10 people.
How are you planning on organizing your group? Larger groups tend to progress much slower than small groups due to the fact that every decision needs everyone's opinion and not everyone can be on at the same time or even on the same day. 4 members tend to be the maximum for a productive group.

Btw, if you can craft a story that is interesting I'd like to join to help with the storyboarding.

Offline Julius Caesar

• Yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2015, 06:53:14 PM »
I agree Ryuu, four would be efficient. Perhaps 2 groups of four with some sort of external (skype, perhaps?) or internal (a thread on here) communication to help each other out with advice and pointers, but otherwise specific projects I can allocate to a group of four.

It's better if I get the 10 people I'm targetting for now, and then depending on work chemistry and ethic, as well as commitment I can see whether the numbers are reduced or not, which is more than likely perhaps, but even if say 2 drop out it leaves me with the more ideal situation of breaking it up into 2 concise groups of four.

:O Oh?  :dance:

Hehehe, well then I'll make sure me and the team can come up with a one-shot good enough to win you over, Ryuu! even simple advice on storyboards would be of great value to me and others.

Offline Julius Caesar

• Yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2015, 07:01:40 PM »
The plan is to get a thread started here for our group or elsewhere, however here may be most convenient.

I shall therefore spread the word of this and help get this ambitious project of yours off the ground.  :thumbsup:

I fully appreciate the help buddy.  :angel: Let's get this thing started eh. Like I said this is just more of an incentive to get the other hobbyists/newbies off their feet and be a part of something productive and to help learn and gain experience, the intermediates are more than welcome to join too.

Oh, and electronic users if any! I've got an int pro here waiting to be used I'm not too hot on letting it gather dust! Any teachers would be appreciated massively!

10 people is goal, if we get more I'll make plans for concise groups after the initial trial period, but until then:

3(4)/10.

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2015, 08:34:08 PM »
Hehehe, well then I'll make sure me and the team can come up with a one-shot good enough to win you over, Ryuu! even simple advice on storyboards would be of great value to me and others.
I don't how well it'll turn out because I need the experience doing them so that I can improve, but we'll see.  ;)

If you guys want outside help from the members here then it's here that you should create a thread, however if you guys want a private chat/work area I can set one up at the forums I made. I did the same for the other group that I'm working with.

Offline Julius Caesar

• Yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 08:55:02 PM »
Hold that thought, Robin.

When the group is set up we'll see what the best way to go about things are, I'll be keeping in touch with you anyway in either case.

Offline Aozora

• The Not-So-Prolific Writer
  • Occasional writing - feel free to review
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 09:04:37 PM »
Could you explain how this group collaboration works? Basically we all help each other on our one shot ideas. Is that the gist of it?
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Check out my stories here: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php?topic=12492.msg213349#msg213349

Offline Julius Caesar

• Yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2015, 09:21:38 PM »
Yo Usopp,

Yeah. So the plan is to get 10 people initially and run a trial period to see how people are and how they work, ideally 8 would be fine, because then it means if all is well the group can split into 2 groups of four based on mutual preferences in story making ideas and take it from there - yes one shot concepts is what we will be working on.

The main idea behind the group was to get writers to give other writers advice on things like storyboards other aspects of writing, and likewise with the artists; aspiring artists could give each other advice or share our work and critique based on what we've learned from anatomy/teachers.
In my case also hopefully I bump into one who's good with electronic work, whether he/she joins the group or not I would fully appreciate pointers here and there to help my progress with my art via graphics tabs.
The simple stuff, I'm aware skill comes in time but things like panel work, how's it done, the shading/toning and even things like pencils used, size of page used and size of brush etc.

It was a consideration very smartly suggested by Amanomai, what this does is allows us who are serious to perhaps get a little more known in the society for whatever skills we can offer, and secondly and mainly it allows us to improve our writing/drawing ability, which will obviously be put to use on our own work.
Finally when/if we part ways we take away experience, but we may also make bonds and collab with workers we had in the group to help us with our own personal works.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 09:24:40 PM by Julius Caesar »

Offline Aozora

• The Not-So-Prolific Writer
  • Occasional writing - feel free to review
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2015, 10:52:37 PM »
This is a great idea, man. I commend your enthusiasm and motivation. Count me in  :biggrin: (if there is still space, of course)
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Check out my stories here: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php?topic=12492.msg213349#msg213349

Offline Julius Caesar

• Yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2015, 05:16:28 AM »
Hehe. Cheers Usopp
Awesome.

Yeah there's still space, with you it makes us 4(5) atm.
Pretty surprised at how quickly that was too..  It's refreshing to see the that willingness to learn and work as a team. I think  it's pretty cool  8)

Anyway to all those that have joined I'll send pm and keep you updated.

Just a heads up for the people that will join, we will have a thread on here it seems. It seems like the best way to keep in touch and get advice from the more experienced.

Offline AmanoMai

• View Profile
Re: Unpaid - Team of writers/artists for one-shots ! several places left
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2015, 06:41:22 AM »
glad to see this project is starting to move forward

I don't think you should decide on an ideal number of partner and wait for it. this is not about number, 2 can already make it complicated.
I understand you want to "make a team", but imo you should prioritize making a "product" first, teams doesn't last long, a finished manga is there to stay.

I recommend starting to make the one-shot manga as soon as you find a willing artist.

- you can still get some work done even if someone leaves this project midway (they can and they will)
- keep your team members from getting bored. having work done is also a way of motivating.
- again, if an One-shot can give you more credits, then a page done can also do the same. Having 1 or 2 pages done will help you attract even more people to chip in for the completion of this one shot.

think about it as building pieces of a puzzle one by one, not magically finish it with a bang.

may fortune be with you

« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 07:04:37 AM by AmanoMai »