January 23, 2020, 01:46:53 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: CLOSED: One-Shot Team, currently looking for BG artist, see page 2  (Read 3350 times)

Offline Julius Caesar

• Yo!
  • Recruiting group, working on anatomy & 1shot ideas
    • View Profile
Yo!

Right so in my previous post I speak of my request for a small team to help with my project (and their own ofcourse) in attempts to build experience and get work done, however Amano smartly recommended that I grab a small team, with aspirations of doing one-shots here and there, to help with street cred and our/my own experience. That's the new plan as of present.

Being realistic is the best way to approach anything IMO, and as long as it means improvement I'm sure many others would agree.

I think it would be an opportunity for other newbies/hobbyists to get together and get a feel of the nature of this kind of work, as well as perhaps evoking this mental 'diarrhea' that could help us with our own person works.

Regardless, I'm pretty happy with working solo at the moment, and if you're reading this and you are too then best of luck.

Onwards and upwards

As usual, a thankyou for reading, and a thankyou to AmaNomenai (Amano & Nom) for the advice.

-Tony

EDIT:

As of March 2015 team caesarea are currently in need of a BG artist, please PM for more info

With a team of four(and a possible fifth member helping with storyboards)
the idea is to work on improving skills, and utilising what we've learned through storyboard work, and if it's good enough putting it into one shots.

Working in a team means you must be prepared to compromise and put effort into helping the team overall, it'll push you to improve your skills and will get you used to working with others.

As of present we've got 4 writers (the fifth storyboard member is curently writing her own work) so really it's five, I appear to be the only artist in the group so far and even then I'm still going hardcore on my anatomy work in order to get bodies right before moving onto scenery, and then electronic touch ups.

So adept artists would be greatly appreciated, and experienced artists highly valued, especially if you draw as a hobbyist, and don't even wish to join the team - I'd be more than happy to frequently work with you and gain experience, and I'm sure other members of the team would also.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:04:36 PM by Julius Caesar »
“I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.”

Offline darlingGrim

• Deleted
  • Fight the moe
    • View Profile
Re: Unpaid -looking to form a team of drawers/writers to get a new story done.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 07:36:12 PM »
Good luck! I hope you find some people!

The only thing I'm going to add is a chapter a week is really unrealistic. The shortest amount of pages per chapter is I about 24. That's more than 3 pages a day. If you haven't ever made a page then you don't understand how much work that is. I recommend moving it to a chapter a month or every two weeks just so you don't kill the artists.

Offline Julius Caesar

• Yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 08:08:05 PM »
Got it, cheers!

I was reading another post earlier today and saw you giving advice to someone else, I'm happy to get some advice from ya tbh, (unless it was another person with the same pic? hehe) a month does sound more realistic, you're right.

I'm aware how long a page takes, I thought perhaps the amount of artists would reduce the time, but I guess out of those artists it's how many can do digital art, and then how much free time we all have.

Thanks a lot for reading and replying, Grim :)
“I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.”

Offline Nomena :)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 05:58:34 PM »
Just passing by this section and saw your title...

P.S.: euh, I want to point out that "drawers" have nothing to do with drawing...if you make a google search it shows a completely different thing and if you make a google search image you will see a lot of pictures about the furniture desk next to your bed.

Good luck with your search  :biggrin:

Offline AmanoMai

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 12:09:25 AM »
don't go for a series right away

you should try and make a one-shot, or several of them first.

aside from being more realistic, it helps you build up a portfolio that will be useful when finding partners.

Offline Julius Caesar

• Yo!
    • View Profile
Re: Unpaid -looking to form a team of artists/writers to get a new story done.
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 03:09:28 PM »
Nomena - thanks alot hahaha - wakarimashta!

Amano - got it!

I'll actually take your advice into consideration and change my initial plan - joining this website has made things even more clear recently.

Offline DXDEVIL13

• I really hate ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: EDIT: Unpaid - small team of writers/artists for one-shots !
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 03:25:15 PM »
I'm an aspiring writer and I would love to help you, so I can gain some experience too  :D
p.s. check your pm

Offline Julius Caesar

• Yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 03:54:20 PM »
Just replied to ya PM a little earlier buddy, sorry for the late reply! More than appreciate the help, and more than happy to be of some humble assistance!

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 06:28:26 PM »
What genres of stories are you interested in working on?

Offline Julius Caesar

• Yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 07:47:41 PM »
I think just to make things easier for me in the near future I'll answer your question again in public view

I guess by mentioning an idea I'm currently working on it means it's open for people to use for themselves, but it's about being able to look and utilise the material and world around you with all it's influences to make a story, if you work that way it allows you to be free of becoming attached to one 'super' story you come up with, and you become more versatile. Hey, everyone thinks they've got the next death note.

Think outside the box ;) :dance:

Ideas I mentioned in the pm would be simple things, and this goes for people looking around for inspiration to do one shots, don't overcomplicate things; concepts like crime, black humour, satire, religion, politics, erotica, romance etc. are all things you can make interesting stories from.

A current theme I'm now closely looking at is the 'Prisoner's Dilemma' and I want to make a one-shot of the potential controversy caused in various scenarios displaying the PD. I found it interesting and thought why not.

You take a simple concept and you create a world from that concept, a lot of the great stories out there have underlying concepts that are so simple it can be understood by a wide audience, it's what you do with the surrounding story that dictates the audience and your style.

Apologies for long replies people this will answer future questions for me.

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 05:14:48 AM »
Oooo, are we talking one-shot stories? This could be interesting  :hmm:

On the other hand, I do happen to have one-shot concepts for the idea of promoting my own works (excuse my digression) and if you plan on getting a team together, I'll be happy to get the first ticket you got offered! (I apologize for being a writer myself and not an actual artist)

If that's case, perhaps one-shots are a good way to promote street-cred for everyone (artists get recognition for art-style, writers their stories, win-win?*  :angel:)
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Offline kinre

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 05:37:20 AM »

If that's case, perhaps one-shots are a good way to promote street-cred for everyone (artists get recognition for art-style, writers their stories, win-win?*  :angel:)

i disagree that writer is recognition by their story,  writing a story need skill and understanding of what is a writing is.

any 1 can make a story, but not every 1 can tell a good story.
trying to be pro drawer

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 06:49:53 AM »
any 1 can make a story, but not every 1 can tell a good story.

I agree on that however...

i disagree that writer is recognition by their story

...I'm speaking in context of promoting a story they're developing, not necessarily a finished work per-say. Sure hell its better if it's an actual finished work with edits and everything, but even recognition for a concept idea or loosely-done work is a great way to get yourself known and get more feedback along the way  8)
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Offline Julius Caesar

• Yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 08:58:55 AM »
Operative, I'd be more than happy for you to join us, we are 2 (or 3 atm) and the ideal amount I am aiming for is 6-10 people. Stay in touch and pm me and I'll get in touch with you asap.

The plan is to get a thread started here for our group or elsewhere, however here may be most convenient.

I welcome writers aswell. We can all help each other with mutual/separate work.

Offline kinre

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2015, 09:12:27 AM »

...I'm speaking in context of promoting a story they're developing, not necessarily a finished work per-say. Sure hell its better if it's an actual finished work with edits and everything, but even recognition for a concept idea or loosely-done work is a great way to get yourself known and get more feedback along the way  8)

it come back to the same thing that i say,   is all about your skill and understanding how to tell the story and sell the story.   when you try to sell your story ,you not really telling a story, but just giving key word the the reader , that need skill and understanding of what viewer like. 
trying to be pro drawer