April 16, 2024, 03:50:08 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Nomena Art & Tutorials at reply 124, p.9  (Read 96717 times)

Offline Nomena :)

• View Profile
Re: Nomena Art reply (68, 71) p.5 and 124, p.9; Brother's art reply 77, p.6
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2015, 06:10:19 AM »
Thanks Jamie...hahaha and there I still went and I increased the saturation lol  :dash: ... I'll be more careful with that.

PS: I thought I drew a transvestite in the beginning :P and that is why I modified everything and ended up loosing the foundations I initially drew.

Offline Nekonomicon

• =^.^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2015, 07:09:29 AM »
That's so cool! I love the hair!

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2015, 01:29:22 AM »
thanks for the comment...yeas I was trying to draw her like in the photo, this is a digital art made using manga studio (sorry for not being clear, it's digital coloured pencils that I used), as you can see in my video I didn't trace anything, I am not interested in that :tongue:

Yet even without tracing, digitally or not..I could just use the ruler or a grid to measure every single centimetre of her face, put the photo next to each other and I could map everything exactly like the photo...I guess using a ruler cannot be called cheating right.

Traditional drawing has the drawback that you are mentioning, you cannot correct things while colouring...but trust me, one of these days people will come up with eraser that actually erase colour like pencil marks (not white out or white tape) which is what digital drawing offers right now.

The original pose got lost while I was fixing the mistakes, basically I had a lot of mistakes to fix so it ended up not looking like the picture, next time I'll do a better foundation and yes, I still have a lot to learn about colour balancing, shading and contrast so thanks a lot for pointing those out  ;D

Ah my mistake. Well I can assure I will be investing stocks into such an eraser.

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2015, 03:06:00 AM »
I thought they had erasable colored pencils just that no one used them...

Now onto the art... I think someone might have mentioned this but I find that alot of the dark areas you didn't make dark enough like around the ear and in the hair...  Also when you do lights you should fade them into the other tones when ur aiming for realistic...  When you called it a transvestite I looked at the features...  So I have this technique where I'll cover up a most of the drawing except one part (very useful to do time to time)

So I found it to be like this:
Eyes=female (pretty accurate to drawing)
Nose=maleish (shading is too sharp making it seem more like a male)
Lips=female (they seem to be a bit taller than the picture which is still more feminine but is straying away from the "realistic" side)

Remember that the eyes, nose, mouth are the focal points meaning our eyes naturally look at them first even if it is just a glance.  Overall I find it pretty good, I try not to dwell much on the realistic side because i don't like thinking of the crazy amount of things to factor in (and I find it is more time-consuming XD).  Although I don't do much realistic stuff I still find it impressive to do/look at

• View Profile
Nomena Art reply ("Drawing Taylor Swift Again")
« Reply #154 on: August 12, 2015, 07:16:34 PM »
Thanks a lot for the feedback guys :)

@Matsui That's some pretty nice in-depth analysis you made there, thanks a lot for pointing those out, I think you are right, the nose is too sharp for a female  :thumbsup:

So here is what I've been up to for the past days...I think I'm still short on shadow but I'm tired of this drawing so I stop here.

Process video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7z4h5SaioQ

• View Profile
Nomena Art ("Drawing Einstein (WIP)")
« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2015, 05:00:10 AM »
yup...work in progress

• View Profile
Nomena Art ("Drawing Einstein") Done
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2015, 02:50:03 AM »
I really had to draw him :3

Here is the speed painting video : https://youtu.be/AJNxwsS2oJI

Offline Nekonomicon

• =^.^=
    • View Profile
Re: Nomena Art ("Drawing Einstein") Done
« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2015, 05:53:31 PM »
I really had to draw him :3

Here is the speed painting video : https://youtu.be/AJNxwsS2oJI

THAT'S AWESOME!! I really like his shirt too :D

Online legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2015, 06:52:19 PM »
That's amazing work there Nomena!

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 23, 2015, 03:41:49 AM »
Thanks guy, I'm really having fun over here...lol...

Can anyone suggest females, I think I don't have enough females in my "who to draw" list

Though my holidays are almost over so spare time will be rare again :push:

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 24, 2015, 03:00:37 PM »
You could draw... Rikka Takanashi from chuunibyou, my second wife... Or Jibril from No Game No Life, my third wife...  Just naming ideas if you don't have any XD

You could also draw your manga :O.  Should take that step forward sometime if you want to make a manga...

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 24, 2015, 05:27:30 PM »
You could draw... Rikka Takanashi from chuunibyou, my second wife... Or Jibril from No Game No Life, my third wife...  Just naming ideas if you don't have any XD

You could also draw your manga :O.  Should take that step forward sometime if you want to make a manga...

Well I'll think about your suggestions when I'll come back into manga style drawing again :D ...I've been unhappy about my manga style and I don't really like any existing styles to the point of copying them...and it seems realistic drawings are also a popular trend, I aim to become a professional anyways so I have look at the popular trends and see if I can do them.

Plus drawing a manga requires a good story line and structure established first and I really have no time for that because of my work...therefore I am going a bit rogue away from mangastyle.

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 24, 2015, 05:34:50 PM »
Well you could always make those realistic anime drawings...  Basically you draw the anime character but you make it hyper-realistic (or you can just draw a cosplayer) but sounds cooler to have realistic character

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 24, 2015, 05:41:47 PM »
Well you could always make those realistic anime drawings...  Basically you draw the anime character but you make it hyper-realistic (or you can just draw a cosplayer) but sounds cooler to have realistic character

Yeah, that's what I am aiming for, but first I have to get a good method on how to make realistic  :-\

• View Profile
Nomena Art ("Drawing Ozzy Osbourne")
« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2015, 04:55:36 AM »
I am not sure how many of you here are fan of Ozzy Osbourne but some fan of his asked me to draw him after watching my video about Einstein, so I did  :D

Right now I am positive that the key to realistic drawing is in the colouring and shading...I still want to draw realistic portrait and make youtube videos for a while so my aim would be one portrait per week.

When I am tired of this, I'll practice some negative space drawing in the 20 sketches/3 days challenge  :D

Here is the process video https://youtu.be/b-55V6pVdVY

« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 04:58:09 AM by Nomena-Alrina »