------------------------------------------

Poll

Old Poll

Yep
0 (0%)
Definitely Yep
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Melody Box  (Read 13718 times)

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
Melody Box - Links to Crow's Character Crossover Event Stuff
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2016, 03:31:56 AM »
So, although Crow's project isn't canon, it does show my characters a bit. Will be keeping links, to CMs/Chapters I helped write and maybe some other stuff, in this post.

Project 1 CMs/Chapters:

Dragon Blood, New Bonds, Akbar, Myriam (Misty and Keith Speak to Goji. / Cowritten with WhiteCrow.)

Project 2 CMs/Chapters:

Freezing of the Heart (Misty mourns for Keith. / Cowritten with Swearzy.)
Friend or Foe? (Misty confronts Jahki. / Cowritten with WhiteCrow.)
A Troubled Exchange (Misty speaks with Neske's group. / Cowritten with WhiteCrow.)
Heart's Fire (Misty dreams about Keith.)
An Old "Friend" (Misty and Era find Xodara. / WhiteCrow and Echo_River wrote this. I edited.)
Phase 2 Begins: Misty's Dilemma (Misty and Era speak to Xodara. / Cowritten with WhiteCrow.)
'Family' (Who goes where. / Group CM: WhiteCrow, Echo_River, Jackhammer, Kata_Misashi, and me.)

Project 3 CMs/Chapters:

N/A (Hasn't started yet. ;))
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:39:32 AM by Robin Ryuu »

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
Re: The Keystone Trilogy
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2016, 04:09:11 AM »
Now this is what I call organization and planning. Or perhaps, controlled, chaotic planning  :clapping:

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
Re: The Keystone Trilogy - Question
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2016, 04:27:50 AM »
Now this is what I call organization and planning. Or perhaps, controlled, chaotic planning  :clapping:
lol There is more to come. ;)

So since this is a trilogy how should I organize this?

Lunar Legend and Melody Box (1 & 2) are different enough that they could almost be different stories. In fact there is only one character that appears in all 3 parts and she isn't even the main.

So should I make a separate topic for each or should I simply change the title each time to say which story that I'm posting for? Cuz I will be posting for all of them at once.

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
Re: Melody Box - Aria's Info
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2016, 05:38:48 AM »
Aria's Info (The "AoC" parts are non-canon.)
Alias: Misty

Main or Secondary: Main

Sex: Female

Race: Moonstone Dragon

Height: Misty can choose to walk/stand as a quadruped or a biped. 5ft. 8in. tall when standing on her hind legs (not counting horns). 6ft. 10in. long when on all fours (not counting tail fin).

Personality: Misty is generally a kind being and doesn't like killing sentient beings though she is prideful and easily angered so if anyone is foolish enough to insult her or the things she cares about she won't hesitate to "show them their place". Family is the most important thing to her and will do her best to help them if they are ever in need, even if doing so may go against her personal interests. She is intelligent and likes to know everything about a given situation before acting. Tends to not let inconsistencies go easily.

How do they speak: Politely typically, though wary at first meeting. (Uses wind magic to generate sound waves. Used to "speak". Can also be used to speak so that only the target recipient can hear even at a distance.) Growls, snarls, hisses, roars, etc as well.

Abilities: Flight, fast reflexes, tough skin, and great concentration. A special ability to note is her "Magic Field". A 6th sense that allows Misty to be aware of everything in her surroundings due to the spacial controlling ability of magic. Example: If an enemy brushes against an air molecule that Misty is controlling, she then becomes aware that it had been affected and how.

Powers: Water/Ice and Air/Wind based Magic. Previously fire magic as well. (AoC - During the CT she was taught a "Neytoc energy absorption power (?)" by Goji. Which allows her to absorb water/ice/etc into herself for later use.(?))

Weakness: Misty has PTSD that is triggered by fire, causing her to either shut down or lash out violently at everything and everyone around her. Affects/damage to the part of her brain that creates her Magic Field are debilitating. (Imagine if all of your senses were dulled/distorted at once, but not exactly since those senses are left untouched...) Effectively prevents the use of her magic.

Combat Type: Prefers long distance combat, but fares well in close combat as well.

MOVE 1: Current Control - Misty can control both water and wind currents to both move faster, attack, and defend. She also takes special care to make sure that she always has clean air to breathe.
Movement -> Water or air is used to push Misty's wings and grant a speed bonus while underwater or flying.
Attack -> Imagine if Garra's sand was replaced with water. Can also be used underwater.
Defense -> Can create a shield of water in between her and the opponent and can freeze it if necessary.

MOVE 2: Illusion - Using suspended micro beads of water Misty can bend light to create an illusion. She can alter her appearance, hide herself, hide her attacks (small), and create duplicates, among other things.

MOVE 3: Auditory Blast - Misty is able to create vibrations in the air, thus create sound. This can be used to create deafening booms and shrieks or things such as replicating speech since dragons lack the necessary anatomy to speak. She can also negate and amplify sounds with this ability.

MOVE 4: Ice arrows - Spiraling water is shot toward the opponent which freezes right before contact. The spinning increases the speed and accuracy of the projectile. Can be shot from anywhere on the battlefield as long as there is water. Many can be shot at the same time. Like most of the ice Misty creates, the ice lacks any imperfections such as air bubbles and micro-cracks making the ice much more durable than normal.

MOVE 5: Wind Claws - She can use wind magic in the form of wind blades as extended claw tips. Generally invisible to others.

MOVE 6: Close combat - If magic isn't the best of options she can fight with her teeth, claws, and tail.

Super 1: Ice Golem - Misty uses her magic to create either one large golem or many smaller ones. The body is made of ice while the joints are water. Can change shape to suit it's needs. Can also be used as armor where Misty controls it from inside the main body. Damage done to it quickly "heals" as the lost mass is replaced and reforms.

Super 2: Sulfuric Flames - Indigo flames capable of melting steel had once been Misty's specialty. She has not used this power in 6 years (8 at AoC) due to her now crippling fear of fire.

Misty's Ref (Note: "Left" should say "right".)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:43:28 AM by Robin Ryuu »

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2016, 10:41:26 PM »
... I'm just going to post everything here. To keep from being confused please pay attention to the titles so that the stories are not mixed up.

This series is likely going to take a novel form rather than a comic. There is too much content to put out within a reasonable amount of time unless I were to push myself to draw a chapter per week... Which I shall not.

Another note is that each part/book will have a different main character.

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2016, 11:47:05 PM »
Ah, multiparts are tough. When saving locally, I keep every chapter of each under the title of the part in which they belong. If you were posting them onto MR, I'd probably wager that you should keep all of the parts in the thread dedicated to the series and probably change the title

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
Melody Box - Arett's Info
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2016, 12:21:19 AM »
Arett's Info (CT Sheet / Edited a bit)
Arett is the young leader of a northern clan of dragons and the older brother of Aria. He shares the same family values as his sister, however he has no love for humans and would likely kill any if their paths cross. He is usually quite calm and thinks things through carefully before making a decision, however patience is not strong suit and can act rather childish if things don't meet his expectations.

He uses magic less than his sister and prefers to study alchemy and often uses his concoctions in combat. The magic he does use is air/wind and fire based. His fire is indigo due to using a sulfuric base.

Arett wears a pouch that he uses to carry his alchemist supplies. His scales are a dark gray and black, his markings and eye are a deep indigo, and his horns spiral slightly. Other than this he looks much like his sister.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:47:03 AM by Robin Ryuu »

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
Melody Box - Original Worldbuilding Topics
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2016, 12:44:10 AM »
lol... Behold... The original topics for Melody Box:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=24184

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=26117

It's interesting, though cringe worthy, to see how far the story and it's world has come. In my own mind anyways. I haven't shared much here yet.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:52:43 AM by Robin Ryuu »

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
Re: Melody Box (A Novel)
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2016, 12:46:50 AM »
Place Holder
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:41:14 AM by Robin Ryuu »

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2016, 01:06:16 AM »
Sorry for spamming "old posts", but I have finished swapping them out. After the first post, the 3 following posts will now contain the links to the associated part.

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2016, 06:11:47 AM »
Place Holder
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:29:56 AM by Robin Ryuu »

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2016, 01:58:48 AM »
Place Holder
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:42:04 AM by Robin Ryuu »

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2016, 02:14:12 AM »
Place Holder
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:44:28 AM by Robin Ryuu »

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2016, 02:44:57 AM »
Place Holder
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:33:26 AM by Robin Ryuu »

Offline Johtoh

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2016, 05:26:54 AM »
I could suggest Having the basic premise of the trilogy here, like having the maps, summaries of each chapter, drawings, and etc. Like the OP has, the links to part 1, 2, and 3. Then in each separate topic will have the characters in the part. That should help reduce the organized clutter.

Or if you wish to keep everything. Simply organize it into chunks on the first page then having the posts be scattered.

;)