March 28, 2024, 03:20:20 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Community Feedback Survey  (Read 7342 times)

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
Re: Community Feedback Survey
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 04:38:42 PM »
Thats just reminded me! How silly of me! :o

There's absolutely nothing about Cosplay in the survey, forgive me friends I sorta dropped the ball on that one.

Ahem, extended question.....

-Cosplay? Something that could be tied into the thematics perhaps? (Halloween, conventions etc.)

Oh and thanks to everyone who's responded thus far, some neat ideas and insight already, so look forward to hearing more :D

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 06:01:14 PM »
1. Yes
2. Doesn't matter to me
3. Yes
4. Either
5. N/A
6. N/A
7. Yes
8. Yes
9. N/A
10. N/a

11. N/A
12. N/A
13. N/A

14. N/A
15. N/A
16. N/A

17. Don't forget about MR's Deviant Art group. Perhaps the winners of the contests could have their submission displayed there.

Maybe add a photography gallery for people to practice drawing backgrounds and objects...

Offline WhiteCrow

• Society X Origins undergoing changes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 12:29:14 AM »
1.) Would you like to see more Contests in general?

-Contests are good, but what I'd truly prefer is a means of giving our artists more of an incentive to communicate outside of the artist topics. We don't have many artists that comment on things other than art. Maybe adding a point system or shop (sounds far-fetched I know.) But let's say the site had a shop and its own currency, Raider points. A writer looking to have their MC drawn out in concept form or in a full body simple background theme could open a post offering 5000 raider points ($5) for a black and white version of their character. They could pay the artist, the artist could then go to the MR Store which could have items such as drawing paper or things like that, and order it. I know I'm making it sound way easier than it is but that's just my thought.

2.) Would you like there to be a theme for the contests on a monthly basis? (e.g. December could be Xmas
themed, October Halloween, February Romance, March Action themed etc.? )

Yeah.

3.) Would you like to see more Artist Contests?

I'd like to see more participants. Raider points to the winner! (I kid)

4.) Would you prefer a competition to be Fan art or original artwork?

Doesn't matter.

5.) Would you like to see more Writers Contests?

Definitely. I'd like to see a contest where one writer and one artist are paired together. The writers job is to write a one to two paragraph summary of an original character and the artists job is to translate it. The winning team is determined by which group did the best job of bringing that character to life.

6.) Would you prefer one shot/short story competitions or extracts continuations of you own works?

Whichever.

7.) Would you like to see more Collaboration Contests?

That's all I'm preaching.

8.) Would you like to see more Competitions with prizes up for grabs?

Raider Points!!!!!

9.) What kind of prizes would you like to see from this list? Anime Merch/Manga Volumes/Drawing Equipment/DVD's/Winning an commissioned piece/Having your Artwork or story promoted? (Feel free to add anymore suggestions for prizes/rewards. Keep it realistic though, I'm willing to purchase prizes myself, but I'm not made of money :P)

Simple things... drawing paper for artists, maybe a small recorder for a writer so that if they are on the go and get an idea they can record it.

10.) Any other suggestions for Competitions?

I'd like to see more competitions involving the original character creations of our members. Maybe competitions between who is stronger, or personality comparisons.

Social Media:
11.) Would you like to see the Facebook/Twitter accounts to be more active?

Yup.

12.) What kind of content would you like to see on these? (Major anime/manga/site news, contests being promoted etc.)

Original content from our members. Every week there could be a link to the character of the week (artist), chapter of the week (writer) and Raider of the week (chosen by admins based off participation and stuff like that)

13.) Any other suggestions for Social Media?

:noidea:

Youtube Channel:

14.) Would you like to see more content on the Youtube Channel?

We have one?

15.) What kind of Content would you like to see on the Youtube Channel from this list? AMV's/Speed paints/Reviews/writing and art tutorials

Tutorials would be great, character studies, (60 second videos of members sharing the story of how they came up with a character or how an original character of theirs relates to them.) Maybe top 10 countdowns of things like best anime fights, relationships, original characters... all voted on by the members.

16.) Any other suggestions for the Youtube Channel?

MR weekly, where we can go and find out what mangas released new chapters during the week. Where the character/chapter and member of the week can briefly be promoted.

Misc.
17.) Any other feedback/suggestions on what you'd like to see from the community? (More use of skype, quizzes and games)

Dunno.

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 03:37:25 AM »
Nice WhiteCrow, really like the idea of Raider points...  That would definitely get more people to participate in workshops and stuff but we need to give artists more incentive to obtain these points otherwise it would be the writers joining in competitions and the artists doing so much work... and if the artists win the competition then they get points to buy uhhh, drawings from others???  If we gave the option to convert points into money then we would go bankrupt because you might have some people that want to make money off this site (total noobs...  they should put it towards paying an artist for their manga)...

Offline WhiteCrow

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 03:43:22 AM »
Nice WhiteCrow, really like the idea of Raider points...  That would definitely get more people to participate in workshops and stuff but we need to give artists more incentive to obtain these points otherwise it would be the writers joining in competitions and the artists doing so much work... and if the artists win the competition then they get points to buy uhhh, drawings from others???  If we gave the option to convert points into money then we would go bankrupt because you might have some people that want to make money off this site (total noobs...  they should put it towards paying an artist for their manga)...

Definitely Matsui, that's why I suggested that the points could go towards an MR Shop. Maybe if it had items that artists need, then the incentive to earn the points would be greater. But again, that's a process that would take much longer than it sounds.

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 03:52:44 AM »
Yea, I think we could order the stuff from amazon to be mailed at their address.  Which is great if you don't have Paypal, credit card/etc, or just wanted it for free.  Also if there aren't any artist shops near them (maybe they live in a rural area??).

Anyways, I don't know how we could fund it because I don't think the Star Trek ad at the bottom makes much money (pretty sure it is there just to pay for the site).  I mean some people could donate their money but if they did that then they could of just bought an artist to begin with

Offline WhiteCrow

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 04:03:45 AM »
Well I think that's where the conversion of the Raider Points would come in. Lets say a fair amount of research shows that Drawing paper costs $6, then making 5,000 Raider Points cost $10 allows the cost to be covered and hopefully shipping.

Now based in comparison... if the writer asked for a black and white and offered 5,000 points ($10), an artist can agree to do the work, use those 5,000 points to buy the paper that costs 5,000 points in the shop. Now writer gets a piece done for $10 that would normally cost them around $25 to get, and the writer can get more paper for them to use.

I mean, if it were a possible idea, the details would have to be hammered out quite extensively but that's kind of how I envision it.

I speak from personal experience, I've inquired about artwork from both professional and amateur artists on Inkblazers, DA, etc. And I've been given prices ranging from $25 all the way up to $120 for a black and white piece.

Having a different means of developing a writer/artist connection on the site could benefit. I know a few aspiring artists on here that have constants grinds to attempt to get the materials needed, if that would give them an incentive to not only use their talents but hone them in the process then I see it as a benefit for all.

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 04:16:01 AM »
Well paper isn't really a problem (says the guy who draws on his tests).  But I get your point with other supplies...  The bigger question is how many Raider Points do we get per competition.  I was thinking 100 for completing (like 100% finished with the workshop nothing is skipped) it and 1000 for winning it (maybe more for winning)

Offline WhiteCrow

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 04:23:46 AM »
Well I think that would depend on the actual amount of points things cost. If it were a realistic thing where lets say:

If I competed in 4 competitions in a 4 month span, and for my participation alone, I earned enough Raider points to get myself something valuable to me, then I think that's beneficial.

It can also help bigger contests get bigger prizes. For instance, lets say a contest has a valuable prize, it can actually cost Raider Points to enter it.

Offline darlingGrim

• Deleted
  • Fight the moe
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2015, 10:29:54 AM »
Idk man. I don't like in site currency's. For example, DA's point system is just a scam.
If it was implemented I definitely wouldn't use it tbh.

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2015, 09:50:48 AM »
Good ideas and feedback here. Shall leave it open but at the end of January, I'll collate all the responses and present the findings :D

Offline Vio

• Listed in the MR blacklist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2015, 11:27:40 AM »
Contests:
1.) Would you like to see more Contests in general?

I sure do! ;D

2.) Would you like there to be a theme for the contests on a monthly basis? (e.g. December could be Xmas themed, October Halloween, February Romance, March Action themed etc.? )

That sounds good. It gives a chance and a challenge to try to genres and styles. :hmm:

3.) Would you like to see more Artist Contests?

Sure do~ ^^

I had the Friendly Artist Contest Running pretty well at the start of May, but it slowly died out by September due to lack of participants. I don't mind reopening the contest in February. However, it bugs me when   

4.) Would you prefer a competition to be Fan art or original artwork?

I could go for both. But if I had to pick one, I'd say the original art competition.

5.) Would you like to see more Writers Contests?

That would be great. ^^

6.) Would you prefer one shot/short story competitions or extracts continuations of you own works?

If I had to choose only one, I'd pick the one shot-short story competition. :hmm:

7.) Would you like to see more Collaboration Contests?

Yes please. ^^

8.) Would you like to see more Competitions with prizes up for grabs?

Tough question. I guess it depends on what the prizes are. :hmm:

9.) What kind of prizes would you like to see from this list? Anime Merch/Manga Volumes/Drawing Equipment/DVD's/Winning an commissioned piece/Having your Artwork or story promoted? (Feel free to add anymore suggestions for prizes/rewards. Keep it realistic though, I'm willing to purchase prizes myself, but I'm not made of money :P)

Again in my Friendly Artist Contest, I was offering DeviantArt points as the prizes. Some Raiders like it, some didn't need the points. But when it comes to physical prizes, I'm not sure. However, I don't mind purchasing prizes to help out, as well. :thumbsup:

10.) Any other suggestions for Competitions?

None at the moment but will notify when I do. :thumbsup:

Social Media:
11.) Would you like to see the Facebook/Twitter accounts to be more active?[/i]

I don't use either of those two, so I don't really have a say on this :noidea:

12.) What kind of content would you like to see on these? (Major anime/manga/site news, contests being promoted etc.)[/i]

N/A

13.) Any other suggestions for Social Media?

N/A

Youtube Channel:
14.) Would you like to see more content on the Youtube Channel?

Sure do! :thumbsup:

15.) What kind of Content would you like to see on the Youtube Channel from this list? AMV's/Speed paints/Reviews/writing and art tutorials

I would like to see some reviews, tutorials, and AMVs. ^^

16.) Any other suggestions for the Youtube Channel?

Nothing yet.

Misc.
17.) Any other feedback/suggestions on what you'd like to see from the community? (More use of skype, quizzes and games)

When are you going to start your drunk reviews Vacant!?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 11:38:46 AM by Vio »