September 24, 2017, 09:52:20 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: 'Nobody tells this to beginners'  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Lemon

• View Profile
Re: 'Nobody tells this to beginners'
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2016, 09:55:32 PM »
I have been playing with the idea of not trying to create manga and let my ideas and stuff rot, but that video has helped me get inspired to keep at it. Though what I create isn't the best, I will continue to create. Thanks for this :D

Offline lili-tomato

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 04:31:49 PM »
awwwww, beautiful message :)
the music is beautiful but kind of sad

Offline Ogawa Setsu

• Professional Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2016, 11:14:23 AM »
I always watch this video when I feel down. Reminds me, I still have my entire life in front of me. :)
Saving up for college, opening art commissions - http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,16119.0.html

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 03:26:33 AM »
As an artist and an author and a worker of many things, I can tell you for certain that this is 100% fact. My works have gone through phases, as have I as a person. Art is a reflection of the artist, and it's crucial to know that you can take your art wherever you wanna take it, as far as you wanna take it. You have to work with your art to work through your art, if that makes sense. We all have our little things that we struggle with (for me, in drawing right now, that's elbows), and I'm happy to see a video like this posted here on MR because we are a community that stands by each other through this long phase of being an artist. No one user has all the answers, but there are people here to guide and teach and show you new ideas for approaching things to help get you to that point where you want to be, and I'm grateful for that.

Wow okay let 'Lua watch like a three minute inspirational video and she could write a whole morale speech. Good to know. :ohmy:

But seriously, guys. It's totally normal to hate your work, and I can't speak for everyone, but I can say for sure that many of us here in the MR family will be more than happy to lend you a hand to help you fight your self-doubt. Keep fighting, friends.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline canagg

• Gleaner of Sincere Falsehoods
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2016, 10:38:03 AM »
Thank you!! ^-^ A really inspiring video. So glad you found it and posted it here so others can see.
"I write because I find the world is missing a person, a scene, or a creature and it is my job to fill the void."
     ~ Unknown

Offline MrDaisy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2016, 09:11:59 AM »
Just saying Thanks won't be enough... after watching the video

all i can think of is that i can do it!

even if people laughed at my work, i will always treasure it and improve it

Offline Ovydke

• Let's do this
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2016, 02:26:55 PM »
Damn, this short video is really eye opening, and gives that missing motivation not to stop and go on. Need to add this video to favorites. Thank you for sharing this one  :clapping:

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 07:11:00 PM »
Good motivational video!

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2017, 06:18:19 AM »
<3 Beautiful, neven seen it before and so true. I was in that phase still until maybe last year. and I get into the phase back every time I learn something new or see inspiring artists. It's normal and it happens to all of us. Just keep going!!!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)