October 14, 2019, 04:24:34 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: How the hell do I write a 5 page manga?????  (Read 783 times)

Offline Ayano Tanaka

• Sheldon is best
    • View Profile
How the hell do I write a 5 page manga?????
« on: January 06, 2015, 10:57:05 PM »
oes anybody on this planet know how the hell to write a 5 page manga? I wanna submit to saturday-am but you have to submit a 5 page manga to a contest first, so how am I supposed to write one without the story feeling rushed?????
I'm a fool...but I'm nobody's fool!

Offline Miles Montgomery

• View Profile
Re: How the hell do I write a 5 page manga?????
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 11:19:07 PM »
You could always do a short skit for your entry consisting of characters in your story. A short adventure, comedy skit, action skit, anything. Just let your imagination take control. :)

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 11:38:21 PM »
Comedy is the best choice.  You can easily end it whenever and can be interesting without a cliffhanger.  Love confession could work too, 4 pages of all the thoughts of if the main character thinking about confession but also scared of being rejected.  You could end it 3 ways, her boyfriend comes in (this would be a silent rejection), a straight on rejection or he gets accepted.  Even more ideas on romance like he asks her and she says she would think about it not getting a response until the next day or by phone so you can play with the emotions (I asked her so what is she going to say/impatience).  There could be so many possibilities for 5 pages but you are right, it seems a little short

Offline Miles Montgomery

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 11:55:14 PM »
I believe it's a test to see who can do it. Sometimes, your story might come a little short and you'll have to supply more on the fly. I believe you can do it. Good luck  ;)

Offline darlingGrim

• Deleted
  • Fight the moe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 07:01:19 AM »
I think the 5 page manga is just to show you have an idea and can tell it pretty easily or maybe expand it from the 5 pages if they like it. This way you can show off a story idea, writing, and your art skills in one short burst. I think it's quite clever of them actually.

Try showing an event from a larger story. As a basic example you could have a mercenery character trying get his bounty only oops bounty is quite strong. End with bounty getting away or getting caught.

It could go like this. (keep in mind I'm not a writer this is just me giving the barest of example)
-------------------------
Spoiler
-Page 1
Tracking bounty.
Bounty notices
-Page2
Bounty runs/or starts fighting
-page3
Still fighting, maybe the hunter rattles of the charges or why he's hunting idek
-page 4
bounty gives fakey sob story
-page 5
either makes a brilliant escape or gets caught humorously.
-----------------------------
Try to make them want to know more about the character(s) you're showcasing. Maybe show enough of the world that they want to know more about the place it's  happening in.

Offline Aster Lawrence

• Is Not A Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 08:21:06 AM »
You can also go for some creepy and cryptic stuff like the one in Collapse of the World as We Know It. Read it, it might be helpful since it consists of many short stories with some only 3-5 pages long.
Solitude is thy companion.

Offline beige.blancmange

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 08:40:15 PM »
The focus is to write a short and interesting story. 5 pages is enough for that. Just keep it simple. You can do it. ;)
Have a look at my original comics which can be found in the Member's Manga section. ;)

[DARK-SIDE-HERO] [Shadow's Love]