November 20, 2019, 12:33:44 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: My Manga Idea  (Read 1508 times)

Offline MrThirtyTwo

• Gotta love manga/anmie
  • Im an Idea maker
    • View Profile
Re: My Manga Idea
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2015, 02:27:32 AM »
i like that alot, and you are so much better than me wow. what made you think to make it like that?
Im a beginner in writing manga, i look forward in making friends here as well able to publish manga. This is were i will begin. :)~

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2015, 02:56:30 AM »
http://drawsketch.about.com/od/perspectivetechdrawing/tp/perspectiveindex.htm basically it changes how you see buildings and backgrounds.  The perspective is important because how/where the camera is positioned

Offline darlingGrim

• Deleted
  • Fight the moe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2015, 03:46:02 AM »
Matsui Kenshin is right (as usual). Perspective and camera are important to consider when thinking about how to show your scene.

I chose to organize the pages based on your original layout. I knew you wanted to have Andrew floating above the town, but the angle you chose originally wasn't enough. Plus it's always a good idea to show the characters face (unless you plan on doing a reveal later). So the first think was to show the face, but if I do that there has to be a transition to the big picture. Which is the burning city. So having a close up of the eyes seemed like the best solution. And then you move to an over the shoulder shot looking down on the destruction.

This way you establish the main character and get a good look at the city.

Second page you planned was way to close to the original. It would work if they were 2 panels on the same page, but as two separate pages it's a stretch. I'm sure it could work but the artist doing the background would probably hate you (lol). So you show a single shot of the main character closer to the ground (but still obviously floating by use of shadow on the ground). Then some close up shots of the destruction to give the reader a sense of location and what's happening. It also helps create a sense of time passing (which is nice). Then another over the shoulder shot, honestly the angle shouldn't be that sharply looking down. So angle the 'camera' up to show a bit more of the city in the background.

Just try to break up the event and show it from different angles (while still progressing the story). Try not to think of it just in terms of the characters but also the surroundings.

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2015, 04:45:38 AM »
Well I kind of study manga alot, I have read tons of sites/books/etc on manga, I just can't put my words into drawings easily...  Also unlike probably every reader, I would actually zoom up and study how mangakas draw certain scenes.  Lets just say Tokyo Ghoul: Re makes me do it the most (really good job on the background, looks extremely realistic)

Offline MrThirtyTwo

• Gotta love manga/anmie
  • Im an Idea maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2015, 12:10:42 PM »
ya that was alot of advice, i like that ill be putting that to good use. Thank you, and i do love anime and manga. i've watched anime more than i've read manga though. anyways when it comes to writing manga im a total noob haha. im thinking of writing out my story in words that way when ever i find an artist ill let them do the fun part. That does mean ill give up on the pictures, i will still do it to get my skill better. ill post more pages when i actually finish them to see if they are good or not (lols). also do you mind if i use those pics, they were good.
Im a beginner in writing manga, i look forward in making friends here as well able to publish manga. This is were i will begin. :)~