March 29, 2024, 02:53:43 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Writers/Artists Wanted should be fixed  (Read 13528 times)

Offline darlingGrim

• Deleted
  • Fight the moe
    • View Profile
Re: Writers/Artists Wanted should be fixed
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2014, 02:44:48 AM »
Yeah Both Artist and writer anthologies lack participants unfortunately.

Anyway I think Artist request board need few more rules to regulate the place. Maybe we should have to at least 10-20 post before posting there and also at least post one story in writers section.

You officially have 5555 posts! Congratulations!

More rules might help, but I'm sure there will still be people that come rushing in without reading.
I'm guilty as well. I didn't read before I posted and posted links to my offsite galleries. ;>.>

I like the idea of writing and art challenges. Weekly/monthly challenges for short stories with prompts. I guess for artists it could be character designs and setting design challenges. Like "magical month" where the writers and artists have to write a story/draw a cast for a magical girl/guy series. For the artists it would have to be more than one character to even it up. And maybe a few building/setting or room shots. Short stories being 6-10 chapters... (is that a lot idk I'm not a writer). That was just an example.

Ooo, and guidlines for the stories!
Like um the main character has to have a "X" goal.
There has to be "X" amount of villains.
Mostly "X" amount of characters.
More than one race/species (human/animal/mix).

Well it's a nice thought anyway, I don't think it'd be easy to motivate people into participating.

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2014, 02:57:38 AM »
btw Have you submit an entry for Mascot competition ?

Well it's a nice good idea. But it's the same problem we have with Anthology. No matter how many people scream about getting their stuff published when they get a chance to do it in real nobody willing to do it. But Since you have this idea why to trying to run a this project ?  You can do it in Workshops board. :)

Offline darlingGrim

• Deleted
  • Fight the moe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2014, 03:12:08 AM »
btw Have you submit an entry for Mascot competition ?

Well it's a nice good idea. But it's the same problem we have with Anthology. No matter how many people scream about getting their stuff published when they get a chance to do it in real nobody willing to do it. But Since you have this idea why to trying to run a this project ?  You can do it in Workshops board. :)

Yeah, I just did a quick black and white one with the current mascot.

It was wierd working on such a small canvas.

I'm not very good at being a leader. I can try but I'll have to find a way to organize it. ;>.>
The easiest way to keep people motivated would be to have them work to benchmarks. Maybe of chapter increments. Plus I'd have to consider what prompts would get the most participation. A lot of the writers appear to be male so I doubt Magical Girl/guy would intrigue them *even as an over the top comedy oneshot*.

Of course I'm super biased and I would totally put a rule of "No brooding main characters ever". X'D

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2014, 03:31:09 AM »
No No No. That's the banner competition. I saw it. I meant the Mascot competition. :)

It really doesn't matter male- female thing when it comes to Manga. You know its always guys get beat up by girls in Manga. loll Just do it. It's a team work so all you have to do is organize and get it started.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 03:33:30 AM by Hasith »

Offline darlingGrim

• Deleted
  • Fight the moe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2014, 03:39:58 AM »
No No No. That's the banner competition. I saw it. I meant the Mascot competition. :)

It really doesn't matter male- female thing when it comes to Manga. You know its always guys get beat up by girls in Manga. loll Just do it. It's a team work so all you have to do is organize and get it started.

Oops, there goes my poor reading skills again. Honestly I'm fairly bad, or at least incredibly slow when it comes to character design, but I'll check it out. : D
*Where is it contest info tho?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 03:42:29 AM by darlingGrim »

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2014, 12:09:51 PM »
Hasith, is there anyway to put an auto limit on the wanted boards? Like the forum itself keeps you from posting there unless you have X number of posts?

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2014, 12:26:19 PM »
I think the best idea is to name the "Manga Writers Wanted" as just "Manga Writer Board" that way it doesn't seem that there are so many artists that we NEED as many writers as possible.  I don't know how long it has been going on (I would think from the very start) but I think there are so many more writers that artists

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2014, 12:36:50 PM »
except "Manga Writer Board" does not describe the purpose of the board whatsoever.

Trust me, I've thought about it a lot, I don't think the names of the boards are misleading in anyway. And the name of the board doesn't indicated that we're desperately short on writers or anything like that. it's just a board for requests, it doesn't imply anything else unless you over think it.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2014, 04:01:40 AM »
I'm also trying to find a way to put a post limit on these request boards but current addons for this are not very stable. I'm testing a custom code these days. Hope that will give me something positive.