March 29, 2024, 03:00:18 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: "Enchiridion" Development Thread  (Read 11471 times)

Offline darlingGrim

• Deleted
  • Fight the moe
    • View Profile
Re: "Enchiridion" Development Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2015, 06:13:55 AM »
I made a rough for the cover page!
I like the layout for now. It's actually the second one but the first was rather bad.
Spoiler

And I did pages 8-9. And I lied apparently because the golem decided to show up on page 9 rather than page 11. Does it feel to rushed I wonder... ;>.>
Spoiler

Storyboarding is hard, but it's starting to get easier. Maybe... Perhaps...

Offline liuxess

• Love ya! <3
  • I would kill you, but that would stop your pain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2015, 06:20:34 AM »
I believe that it won't be rushed, nor frm the concept perspective nor from the page perspective (if it is 9th page as you say)
I don't create stories, I relive them ;)
I'm in development of one right now, so please check it out:
 http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,15050.0.html
If you want me to check out YOUR story,  just PM me.

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2015, 06:26:38 AM »
I definitely feel alot of good action dodging the hand of the golem but I think you should change it up a bit like enlarge all the panels to fill the page and move dodging the hand to the next page to give some page turning suspense

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2015, 06:31:21 AM »
Also idk if you knew this already but when you had the dark panel with her head turning in shock you can make the pupils much smaller to show fear.  And for over the top dramatic effect you can invert the panel (reversing black and white, if colored then it would reverse that red to green)

Offline darlingGrim

• Deleted
  • Fight the moe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2015, 06:43:56 AM »
-liuxess
You think? I'm trying hard not to rush it.

I'm sort of making it up as I go. I know what event's I want to happen and I feel like I'm over eager to get to the exciting parts.
--------------
-Matsui
Spoiler
I definitely feel alot of good action dodging the hand of the golem but I think you should change it up a bit like enlarge all the panels to fill the page and move dodging the hand to the next page to give some page turning suspense
Actually the white spaces around the panels are suppose to be there. I use the manga guidlines preset into Manga Studio. The access outside the blue would be trimmed after printing. And I'll re-size the web version.

Page 9 is the page turner (it'll be the one on the left). The first page starts on the left which is why it's a solo. I'm trying to imitate classic Japanese manga. All the double pages will be able to be viewed at the same time. So my page-turners are actually odd numbered. Sorry if the way I wrote that was confusing.
----
Spoiler
Also idk if you knew this already but when you had the dark panel with her head turning in shock you can make the pupils much smaller to show fear.  And for over the top dramatic effect you can invert the panel (reversing black and white, if colored then it would reverse that red to green)

This is just the rough sketch to lay down panels and show action. Once I have it all planned out all do a clean sketch.  I really like the inverted color idea! Only the first 4 pages will be in color so it'd be in black and white. So it would have the black and white inversed. It sounds cool~ I hope it's within my skill range (I'll gonna try it when I get to the inking phase).

Offline liuxess

• Love ya! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2015, 06:55:34 AM »
It would be rushed if it was the first page, and since it's not the main enemy of the story it looks good.

Also, there are enough actions in the page now for it not to look rushed.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2015, 12:39:50 PM »
The focus has shifted from developing the story to developing the art.
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline liuxess

• Love ya! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2015, 12:55:36 PM »
Since art is representing the story here,  so it's only natura

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2015, 01:51:56 PM »
Not really. The discussion is moving toward panels and other. Ignoring the bigger issues that will remain unless the concept is fixed.

Offline darlingGrim

• Deleted
  • Fight the moe
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2015, 05:19:54 PM »
Yeah I know, but I'm more of an artist so it's easier for me to explain through drawing then through text. I mean I try, but writing takes a lot out of me.

My dialogue per page is written in a notepad as I draw X'D
My worry is that because I don't write it down I'll forget how I wanted the first chapter to happen so I'm trying to draw it before I forget. Or at least have something to go off of when I refine it later.

Also, I did think of ways to continue the story. :'D I've been brainstorming and reading "Making Comics" by Scott Mcloud. I'm tempted to just skip to the writing portion (I'm in characters right now but it's so long!). When I was at family Christmas I came up with a good plan! It was an epiphany moment. The problem is how to execute it. ;>.>

I am trying to write what's next, and how the story progresses, but writing it out is so tedious. Seriously, when I was writing the description for the first page when I got to the dialogue I gave up and just started writing the dialogue because I got sick of looking at it. (This is a lot of text to tbh I guess I try to say everything I need to in one burst so I don't have to write more. XD)

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2015, 07:45:44 PM »
In still 100 focused on the concept, drawn out or not. Drawing it out doesnt serve much at all regardless what kind of thinker.....I constantly have to write down information to explain peoples bills at a daily basis and im a visual thinker. I have to see it.

So I at least know where youre coming from but that doesnt change a thing. Fixing the story wont be done by drawing it out. Issues are still there.

Offline darlingGrim

• Deleted
  • Fight the moe
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2015, 07:58:17 PM »
Well, I'm working with what I can and hoping the parts I haven't figure out will come to me while I'm working.

So far, I've already figured out how the main villain get's involved (I'm keeping it to myself because I won't happen till much later). I know what happens after the 1st chapter. I don't really want to give it away either (but it'll keep the action up). The only thing I don't really have planned is where they go next. I know where they are heading (because of a thing that's about to happen), but I don't want them to just pop up at their location instantly. I know I need another character to add to the cast and I already have 2 in mind, but which one should I introduce first. I'm leaning toward the male character because he's more chaotic and will cause more issues, but the female character is helpful (and also really pretty). It's hard to be vague and explain what I'm doing. >.>

I understand your concerns but I'm just not a note taker. Which inevitably backfires on me, but it also gives me a chance to change things up for the better.

Basically the first chapter is the oneshot. That introduces the basic concept and then I'll adapt it better later. I have noticed some people keep the first chapter/oneshot as is and others completely overhaul the idea. Mine will probably change slightly once I get to redoing it.
(Btw I read the first oneshot of Naruto before it became Naruto and it was so different compared to what it turned into.)

Offline darlingGrim

• Deleted
  • Fight the moe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2015, 09:51:08 PM »
My drawings are getting more stick figure like. I'll have to do a full design of the golem and Rel when he show up. I don't like doing character design because it takes me forever.
Pgs. 10-13
Spoiler

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2015, 12:35:45 AM »
honestly...theres way too much information to try to put it into a one-shot. its not designed to be a oneshot either.

Offline Lovus Eternius

• I'm just a writer.
  • Firstborne INC. Making life great again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2015, 12:57:06 AM »
My only advice to you (as of now) is to ignore that discouraging feeling that set deep into your heart from the reviews Lorenx provides until she tell you what it is that she is referring to in the early development of your story (in which things are bound to change at a whim).

-coughs-

Inspiring quote of the day: You have potential, keep it safe... no matter what hideous abomination of nature rips forth from the shadows in a futile attempt to take you by surprise.