September 19, 2019, 02:26:54 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Scenery Help  (Read 963 times)

Offline DavidZilvys

• View Profile
Scenery Help
« on: December 06, 2014, 03:45:26 PM »
Hello im new to this forums so please excuse me if i dont explain in detail however im working on this manga and i would like to add in scenery to show my two characters laying down on the ground  however how would i do this (Keep in mind i need to add the grass as well also its in Black and White) http://prntscr.com/5dxv6o That is what im on about
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 05:26:46 AM by DavidZilvys »

Offline Artyom

• View Profile
Re: Scenery Help
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 03:21:25 AM »
judging from the angle of view of the characters, a hill top would be drawn neat the top of the page or panel. To draw grass it could be useful to refer to  images and photos of grass as reference material. If you want to present a landscape, a simple way to draw grass would be drawing rows of 'grass blades' and leave gaps between them depending on the perspective. So the rows of grass would be drawn closer together when viewed further back in the scene (near the top of the page). It's difficult to explain how to draw grass from or near the top view, which the view of your draft seems to present. Photos of grass of such an angle from the internet can be very helpful. (Grass from the top usually looks similar to the texture of hair). The grass around the characters should be drawn pressed down and not straight with a cushion effect. Also try filling a grey colour scheme as it can help reinforce the grass texture.