March 22, 2019, 01:05:12 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Manimal Draws The Gals  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
  • Mojakka Mojo
    • View Profile
Manimal Draws The Gals
« on: November 29, 2014, 05:55:31 PM »
I thought that I would start drawing some anime characters since it's something I don't do a lot and I just want to have some fun with drawing.

What you will not find here are copy cats. I am way past that. I draw characters my own way so here we go.

I'll start with Natsuno Kirihime from Dog & Scissors. I haven't seen the anime but I came across some pictures of this character today and I became instantly interested. This is the first time I have inked something like this so it's rough.

Spoiler

I still have some stuff to work on here. So let's see, will this thread go on or will I past one thing and watch it fade away? Let's find out.

Offline GingerStark

• Social & Political Scientist
  • There is no single truth, only contingent theories
    • View Profile
Re: Manimal Draws The Gals
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 06:09:26 PM »
That's some pretty neat work you've got there  :thumbsup: Even better that you've gotten to original character creation!
The only thing I would say that needs work is that one should looks higher than the other  :hmm: Might just be my perspective though.

How long did it take you to draw?

Offline Manimal

• Mojakka Mojo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 06:15:48 PM »
Thanks but it's not an original character...those are in my other art thread but I've deleted all but my most recent picture since I didn't like the others. These are just fan arts which I don't do very often so I thought I'd do some but my own way with my own style. Ya the shoulders are a bit weird, it was hard since her jacket is so big and I didn't really know what I was doing. I actually have no idea how long it took...half of Rust In Peace + 3 or 4 Todd In The Shadows videos or something...it took longer to decide what to draw this morning! That's the hard part for some reason.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 06:17:40 PM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Dr.Striker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 06:18:32 PM »
Looks good.

Let's see if I can be of help.

The highlight line in the hair cuts itself abruptly. It doesn't seem to be following the roundness of the head. Maybe you could try to make it a little more detailed. It looks like a blank rectangle in the hair, I can tell it's highlight and looks good, but maybe if you gave it a little more detail it would look better?

Looking at the character in google I saw that the hair is generally highlighted in a more detailed and rounded way. See?

(If you can't see the image look at it in google it's there)

Also, looking at the character, the chin here is too pointy I think. The face could be a little bit rounder.

The nose seems to look good but you could try to make it a bit more subtle. So it looks more femenine.

Like in the manga:

Spoiler

Or the anime

Spoiler

The nose barely appears or is just a subtle line in a big face.

Maybe you can also make the hair in the forehead more curvy and detailed and less square like. You know, with little hairs going here and there, all going in the same direction (downwards and around the roundness of the head)

I think... I'm not sure.

I suck at anatomy but... in my opinion. The left leg seems to be placed incorrectly? I'ts hard to tell but I think that part could be improved since the head and torso only looks much better than the rest of the body.

Still, it looks quite good in my personal opinion, it must be hard to do the character entirely like that and then ink it without screwing up but you seemed to have done a pretty good work with it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 06:20:06 PM by Dr.Striker »

Offline Manimal

• Mojakka Mojo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 06:28:02 PM »
Frick the hair was the hardest part! I had no idea how to highlight it since it's all black and all the little details get lost when it's all inked in. I'd defiantly befit from getting one of those white highlight markers. I didn't want to copy the pictures I was looking at too much but ya I could've done better with the hair. That hair style is very hard for me. I gotta work on that because I like it and want to use it on my own characters but it's hard to visualize. As for the nose I don't like that way of drawing noses. It looks fine but...I don't know, I don't try to make my drawing super anime so I always try to shrink the eyes and add an actual nose. Plus I use the nose as a distinguishing feature in my comic. Some characters have really pointy ones or up turned ones. Thank you for the long reply!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 06:29:46 PM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Manimal

• Mojakka Mojo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 09:52:03 AM »
Picture 2 - Esdeath

I don't like Akame Ga Kill and I could only bear to watch 3 episodes of that tonely confused series so I never saw her in the anime but her design is really cool. I even bought a shirt of her on eBay because I like it so much. I saw something on how to draw crossed legs today so I thought she would be a good character to apply it to. I didn't leave myself enough room for both feet though. I totally messed up the eyes but here she is.

Spoiler