April 22, 2019, 08:05:04 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: very good story.. i think?  (Read 2516 times)

dawood

very good story.. i think?
« on: January 27, 2009, 02:48:56 PM »
Wazzup people i have a story i want to make into a comic/manga... i need a team of writers and manga artist to help me... email or comment if you guys are interested... i honestly think this story has potential and i should know i'm a manga connaisseur.. lol

check the story out.. and if u like or don't people.. tell me..instead of keeping bottle up inside.. lol

the story's main protagonist is a former samurai who left his fighting ways... to have a wife and kid.. so he becomes a rice farmer... one day when he travels to a neighbouring town to sell rice.. when the shogunate arrive at his home village and slaugher/burn everyone (inlcuding wife and kid) over tax issues... the rice farmer now lost (emotionally) decides to take revenge... along the way he meets a younger man (an underground street fighter at night to earn money for himself) who is wild and out of control and needs discipline and is a gifted fighter ( his weapon of choice a katana his father gave him) but needs someone to harness his energy.. the other is a wanted man.. an archor and a very skilled one (this guy is the quiet one and rational thinker)... this manga has a samurai champloo feel but i think it can be better.... and i have a lot of twists to keep readers entertain... i don't want it to be a long manga possibly 50-100 chapters

Offline Cache

• View Profile
Re: very good story.. i think?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 03:04:56 PM »
I think unless someone on this forum lives in Japan it's gonna be hard to do a story about Japanese culture. Other than that key fact umm it sounds a bit like Kenshin mixed with most revenge stories. Not saying it doesn't have potiential but you'll need some kind of gimmick other then the story.

I wouldn't plan out so many chapters, instead i'd focus on a one shot or brief bit of chapters because artist and writers  just frankly don't have the time unless theres a signed contract and alot of money.

I think the scenario of the story is a bit over used and you will have a next to impossible time finding someone who will stick with you for 50 issues unless you're paying ALOT of of money. Because it's hard work. I think the story needs a bit more of a unique plot and I would avoid a revenge based plot with a 40 ft. pole. if it's possible.

Thats my 2 cents. Good luck finding a team, hopefully it works out.
The website!!! Go and Enjoy! www.adventuresofyaz.com

dawood

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 03:27:11 PM »
thanks for your support and the criticism... i'll note your suggestions

Online Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 10:54:53 PM »
as stated yes it does seem a bit used as far as story. but for the whole japanese culture statment we do have a japanese guy now. his name is Shin (i think)

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 01:35:24 AM »
Well if you want to make it like happened in time of samurai warriors then you ll have study their history a bit.

So this Manga is have only 2 main characters for the " Hero's " side ?

I think it would be nice if u can add more characters with a different. These days everyone likes Manga with humor and those magical powers.

I think the basic story line is good. How it turn out will be depends on the way story gonna deploy.

dawood

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 10:13:00 AM »
as far as the story goes i'm very flexible... it doesn't have to be set in japan or in the past for that matter.. i mean, i could do set in places which seem familiar to me.. e.g. africa or england ( actually africa sound good i don't think a manga has been set in africa... and as far as magic is concerned witch doctor use magic.. lol)   and regarding fight scenes i was intending to make them really spectacular... i would love to incorperate alittle humour

Offline santuli

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 10:24:50 AM »
Hi

i like it, if you can add all the things people said like humour, more heroes and also cool bad guys you have it. A new scenario sounds cool Africa may be complicated if you dont know much about the place but you can always research...

I hope you can make it

Offline Chibi-Xtreme

• Respect the Gin! Respect it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 08:21:11 PM »
If you want to change the setting just keep the concept, and if you're planning for it to be short, make sure you have a surprise ending! :exclaim:

dawood

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 08:31:44 PM »
If you want to change the setting just keep the concept, and if you're planning for it to be short, make sure you have a surprise ending! :exclaim:

lol... you read my mind...

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 08:59:55 PM »
i like the idea. You may want to have a get books on cultural anthropology... i have not read much about japans culture. good luck! I don't think i can help with this one... :hmm:
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,8367.0.html

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert

Offline Chibi-Xtreme

• Respect the Gin! Respect it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 06:58:42 PM »
i like the idea. You may want to have a get books on cultural anthropology... i have not read much about japans culture. good luck! I don't think i can help with this one... :hmm:
The life-giving sword is a book with a historical viewpoint of Japanese history through kendo. If that dosen't work, go to wikipedia.

Offline h_musick

• Lurking...
  • Global Moderator
  • Troll-patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 11:01:22 PM »
 :laughing11: that sounds WAY better than going through a bunch of books! :laughing11:

sorry.
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,8367.0.html

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."
- Gustave Flaubert