April 16, 2024, 01:34:37 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Audiobooks  (Read 1181 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Audiobooks
« on: September 11, 2014, 05:42:19 PM »
Always heard of them, always thought of them as a sacrilege to the written form you know, so I've never paid them much attention. But I figured while messing around on my PC instead of having a tv series I'm not even paying attention to playing on the background, why not try an audiobook?

I listened to the original light novel series Tokyo Demons first. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL57DC04469F045F65

Definitely not my cup of tea, but it grew on me. I'm on chapter 2 now and it's truly been interesting.

I'm listening to The Ocean At The End of The Lane by Neil Gaiman (I'm in a Gaiman mood these days) and it's been a fantastic experience. Perfect for listening on the fly, and dat' white noise for sleeping.

It certainly beats fighting for light while reading a book before I go to sleep, my only fear is that I wake up on a segment that spoils the ending for me (put it on loop) , but so far that hasn't happened.

I'm going to look for more, and this may be my actual chance to finish Lovecraftian works too. And perhaps some Dickens. Monsterful recommended them to me way back when, and I didn't believe him ,but now I do.

If I had a sexy british baritone I'd certainly record my own.