November 20, 2018, 02:33:55 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: MK's gallery  (Read 4000 times)

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
Re: MK's gallery
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2017, 02:17:21 AM »
Welp another day of sketches, always doing a minimum of 4 pages even when I'm busy like I was today.  I told myself I'd keep drawing the same hand until I improved and I can already start to feel it.  You can even see that there are less eraser marks as you look through them all.

12/12/2017

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2017, 04:34:18 AM »
12/13/2017

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2017, 07:40:05 PM »
this is not really a critique dude cause i myself just starting too haha ive just notice that youre missing on construction thing shapes and stuff haha composition
like here man

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2017, 09:42:39 PM »
I see when you do the same hand position over and over that your linework gets smoother. That means that you are actually starting to understand the underlying shapes. That's also immensely visible in your notebook pages on feet, where you break them down into parts and start "seeing" through them.

Four pages a day is a great goal, and I support you. In fact, I might start trying to do the same. Depends on how I feel tomorrow, after probably staying up all night to catch up on what's been going on here.

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2017, 09:49:52 PM »
this is not really a critique dude cause i myself just starting too haha ive just notice that youre missing on construction thing shapes and stuff haha composition
like here man

Hmmm, i usually erase my construction shapes (you can sometimes see them if I forget to erase).  Maybe I'm just using the wrong ones?
I see when you do the same hand position over and over that your linework gets smoother. That means that you are actually starting to understand the underlying shapes. That's also immensely visible in your notebook pages on feet, where you break them down into parts and start "seeing" through them.

Four pages a day is a great goal, and I support you. In fact, I might start trying to do the same. Depends on how I feel tomorrow, after probably staying up all night to catch up on what's been going on here.

I kind of noticed the same thing.  Also I can tell because later on I start erasing less as I practice more.

Also I forgot to post yesterday's sketches but I'll probably do it later tonight

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2017, 01:26:12 AM »
12/14/17

12/15/17
I've never seen this anime but one of my viewers who talks to me requested it
Also believe it or not, i get -5 points for uploading the sebastian fanart but I get between +3 to +7 points for uploading random sketches that are pretty bad lol.  I noticed imgur downvotes alot of things so I don't let it get me down
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 08:59:46 AM by MK »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2017, 03:12:46 PM »
Another day's worth of work added to your skill level!

Black Butler is pretty okay, but the second season was really weird...

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2017, 08:41:54 AM »
Another day's worth of work added to your skill level!

Black Butler is pretty okay, but the second season was really weird...

Never actually seen it but someone told me to draw it.  Also if you notice, the hand sketches were specifically for that drawing too XD.

I keep forgetting to post but I did draw yesterday as well

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2017, 10:23:08 AM »
I get so many funny comments from these pictures but I think you can see why

Spoiler

These are supposed to be weapon handles but it seems like it's a very dangerous weapon...

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2017, 01:02:27 PM »
::) oh boy.

Well, drawing hands grasping cylindrical objects is a good skill to have, so props to you for working on it.

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2018, 01:37:22 AM »
Well here's a sketch dump, I usually do these before I draw anything but sometimes i just find myself sketching and messing around with colors for way too long XD.  If you don't know, most of these are going to be mostly of my character since i find it fun to draw.

Part 1 (mostly in order but I don't have dates)
I was experimenting on the eyes I wanted my character to have and the different angles

I tried to do a semi realistic face but it became pretty desaturated and dead in my opinion

Here's me just over-saturating the colors but for some reason I like it alot

Here's a pose I was drawing, my friend critiqued me and I made some changes.  The old version is on the left.

Here's a profile view I did

Not much to this one, just a plain happy face

I felt like doing a 2/3 face here and I wasn't having a good day then

Here's a face when I got pretty pumped up to draw

I was feeling pretty confident on the last view since I don't usually do these extreme angles too much so I tried to do another one but from above this time

I was with my friends and they told me to draw some more faces with different expressions

Another view from below but I didn't feel like drawing any higher (or shrink) and I try to keep these on the same size canvas nowadays

This is one of my favorite sketches and feels much like my character's personality

This one was with my friend again and I was doing a live drawing demo but I was doing it pretty fast so it's pretty sloppy in my opinion but I always like the sketchy feel even on completed projects

Another 2/3 view, I like it better than the other one but I feel like I need to do something with the cheek bone.  I tried raising before to match up with the eye socket but then the face felt way too thin

Another profile view, I really like drawing these both with defining the facial features and simplifying them.  I also like drawing different kinds of noses on different characters (different hooks/bridges/etc)

Part 2 (These have dates and are in order, yay)
3/12/18
Again with these 2/3 faces

3/13/18
These expressions were referenced from an amv I liked (I Ship It).  Still not liking the 2/3 face here either.

This is still the same day (middle of the night) but I was feeling a bit depressed and couldn't sleep so I felt like drawing to pass the time.

3/14/18
I figured I would try drawing the body in extreme angles, spolier: it's a failure

I tried to look up references

Still trying these crazy angles but a little less extreme

Just trying to imagine the character in space but it's kind of hard for me to do

3/15/18
Didn't have too much time but I kind of wanted to sketch out a scene with my character using magic "Shadow Claws." I know, not the coolest name but at least the claws look somewhat scary reaching out

3/16/18
I've never really draw characters curled up or sitting very often

Just some standing poses, one on the left is confusing but I figured I'd leave it in so people can see

So these boxes were meant to be shoulder pads but because they make no logical sense it was really weird to put on one of characters

I ended up putting these on my character but now he's not even in the story because he felt like he had no actual impact on it at the time.  While I still want to add him into the story, I feel like he doesn't need to be in there untill later.

3/17/18
More extreme angles

This one I was messing around with lighting again but now that I look from afar, maybe some darker core shadows would be better.  Also I was really lazy on the hands

3/18/18
I just condensed these into 1 page since I didn't draw much and they fit without shrinking

3/25/18
I didn't draw for like a whole week because I was busy with a couple other projects and a bit sick (yet my work wouldn't let me take sick days). I was looking at an artbook "The Art of Posuka Demizu" which I really liked and was feeling pretty inspired to experiment with colors.  Instead of drawing something new I just took what I drew last week and colored it.  Now that I look at it, I probably should of saturated the flame a bit more.  Another thing is I need to be careful of tangents.

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2018, 08:36:24 AM »
Good work on the sketches!

I can relate on spending too much time on colouring.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2018, 09:14:06 AM »
Oh those look like pretty interesting studies there MK.

I suddenly have the urge to finally watch Little Witch Academia haha.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2018, 10:52:33 AM »
Magic witches

Facebook       Patreon

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2018, 09:28:44 PM »
Witch artists unite!

I've noticed that some of the hyperangles look a little flat. Like, it looks like you might be thinking too much from the front. It's hard to explain, but what I mean by that is that perspective has more than two points sometimes, even if theorhetically that's what you'd expect to see. Things interact with 3d space weirdly.

The best example I can draw from of this is from 3/13 under where you said "Still trying these crazy angles but a little less extreme". I think it's supposed to be a bird's eye view, but it kinda looks like a front view tilted to one side.

Definitely keep working with the box things like the shoulder pads. Moving geometric shapes in space in your head and then on paper can really show you where you're struggling.