July 22, 2018, 10:15:52 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: MK's gallery  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Fireblazer

• Master of Short-Story Writing and Ice-Cream Eating #GanjaVoice
  • Just your average crazy writer
    • View Profile
Re: Matsui Kenshin's gallery
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 09:38:33 PM »
Hehe wow, pretty good job on this last drawing man! Just one thing to say, his left foot looks a bit weird (left being the same side the sword is). Apart from that it's pretty good man!

Check out my art and stories!

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 10:46:37 PM »
Feet and hands art definitely my weakness...

If anyone was curious, this is a real katana stance...  I read up on alot of sword stances and watched some fencing matches...  I really consider looking those up if you want to draw swords...

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 10:35:44 PM »
Haven't posted in a long time but here is a page that I had for my webcomic I am working on.  I found a good place to post my webcomic on but their page restrictions are different therefore this page is going to be redrawn completely.  Normally I would shrink it but I thought of something better than this view anyways.  Please note that the ocean and sky are just textures but that should be a little obvious lol.
Spoiler
More details could be added but I was spending too long on this page (which basically got thrown out lol).  Let me know if you guys would like to see more stuff that I just scrap

It's the only picture from last year that I felt like reuploading
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 03:40:44 AM by MK »

Offline Upliftcomix

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2016, 06:08:47 AM »
Haven't posted in a long time but here is a page that I had for my webcomic I am working on.  I found a good place to post my webcomic on but their page restrictions are different therefore this page is going to be redrawn completely.  Normally I would shrink it but I thought of something better than this view anyways.  Please note that the ocean and sky are just textures but that should be a little obvious lol.

More details could be added but I was spending too long on this page (which basically got thrown out lol).  Let me know if you guys would like to see more stuff that I just scrap

City so beautiful... scrapped  :sadbye: :sadbye: :sick: :ohmy: If that's what you scrap what do you keep?! (Ever consider donating something like that to the Mangaraiders collaboration for their fighting arena :hmm:?

GJ - I would be interested in seeing more scraps.
"Step three: Profit!" -Underpants Gnomes

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2016, 06:14:12 AM »
That's the thing... I don't really have any finished work...  And when I get time this weekend I do plan on helping out with the visual novel sprites

Before anyone goes to answer the question on the next post, I have already answered it by PM.  I just didn't want to have my gallery be bumped up so many times by my own replies
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:55:00 AM by Matsui Kenshin »

Offline Upliftcomix

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 06:21:36 AM »
That's the thing... I don't really have any finished work...  And when I get time this weekend I do plan on helping out with the visual novel sprites

You one of those "my mind is too busy to focus on one piece" artists too? (I just made a batch of hamburger jerky instead of finishing a piece so I can understand if you are).

I haven't heard of Sprites - is that something being done on MR or somewhere else?
"Step three: Profit!" -Underpants Gnomes

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
Re: MK's gallery
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 02:54:42 AM »

You one of those "my mind is too busy to focus on one piece" artists too? (I just made a batch of hamburger jerky instead of finishing a piece so I can understand if you are).

I haven't heard of Sprites - is that something being done on MR or somewhere else?
Missed that reply, it was part of the MR visual novels.  Sprites are pretty much using the same character but only changing the facial expression.  You will see them a lot in phone games.

Well my computer took a few hours to update so I posted a ton of things on my phone that I've been drawing in my sketchbook.  I'll definitely be posting more often but things you will see are a lot of are hands, feet, and noses since I'm pretty bad at them XD.  Sometimes you'll see the same character but that's my OC and I just like to draw her alot.

Thursday for sure

Thursday/Friday
Idk which day is which but they are in order

Spoiler

GOTCHA!

Saturday
Red lines means I corrected it today

Okay so I redrew the body in different angles several times and the last one I was just so frustrated that I didn't erase it...

\

Let's just not talk about the anatomy of these animals...  And trust me, this is after I fixed it too...

I looked up some anatomy on the animals and got much better results than just doing it from memory

Spoiler

Were you expecting something scary?

Today (Sunday)
Some of these are censored because idk the limitations of what I'm allowed to post here XD

Censored part is middle finger

He's not being nice to the building...

Boobs but they are actually not the same drawing as the waist you see under it

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 03:27:22 AM by MK »

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 03:54:54 PM »
You always seemed like the type to use sketchbook rather than notebook paper...

Censoring a middle finger? Lol.

Are you against references or just prefer to go off from memory?

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 05:01:45 PM »
You always seemed like the type to use sketchbook rather than notebook paper...

Censoring a middle finger? Lol.

Are you against references or just prefer to go off from memory?
I'm not worried about the lines at all and it was like 6 times cheaper to get notebooks (cuz no one buys wide ruled for school anymore)

Some people find it really offensive

I'll use references to check things but I have been drawing with and without references.  When I do it from memory it's more like an exercise to see how good my visual library has improved.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 05:13:23 PM »
Yesssss, you are someone who studies cats, tries out drawing several different hairstyles and even draws on lined paper. You're someone who works at studies instead of talking about studies. Love what you've posted here! 'Thursday for sure' is my favourite, but I'm quite interested in that cityscape you posted with textures and stuff. I've been looking for shortcuts to draw intricate backgrounds for a while now. Did you use Google Sketch?

Really good stuff MK! And I sort of feel like I haven't welcomed you to MR, so welcome to MR. Hi. I'm Lego, resident mod and artistic noob.

Teach me how to art

Offline YoUr EyEs

• Leader of the {CONTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • We are deemed to fall, we are deemed to be happy~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2017, 05:34:33 PM »
Nice arts, I love the hands/fingers training, feets and objects, this is really fantastic~

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2017, 05:38:34 PM »
Yesssss, you are someone who studies cats, tries out drawing several different hairstyles and even draws on lined paper. You're someone who works at studies instead of talking about studies. Love what you've posted here! 'Thursday for sure' is my favourite, but I'm quite interested in that cityscape you posted with textures and stuff. I've been looking for shortcuts to draw intricate backgrounds for a while now. Did you use Google Sketch?

Really good stuff MK! And I sort of feel like I haven't welcomed you to MR, so welcome to MR. Hi. I'm Lego, resident mod and artistic noob.

Teach me how to art

For the cityscape I used manga studio 5 with the perspective rulers.  Sadly there aren't too many shortcuts besides that.  If I was to break it down it would be like this:

Step 1 set up your vanishing points further than ur canvas/panel
Step 2 sketch the streets and bases of buildings
Step 3 decide the height of the buildings
Step 4 add in details to roofs/buildings
Step 5 shade in areas of darkness including the detailed parts

Tips to keep in mind for backgrounds
1) Direct your viewer's eye towards important parts
2) Be sure your foreground is always more detailed than the background

Nice arts, I love the hands/fingers training, feets and objects, this is really fantastic~
Thank you.  It's really just the practice you put in that pays off in the end

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2017, 02:03:22 AM »
I did work on my webcomic as well but I'm waiting till I have the whole chapter before posting it

12/11/2017

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2017, 06:08:08 AM »
What webcomic are you currently working on?

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2017, 10:14:33 AM »
What webcomic are you currently working on?

Virtual Rift but the first chapter is being rewritten/redrawn