December 18, 2018, 05:55:31 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: MK's gallery  (Read 4180 times)

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
MK's gallery
« on: August 28, 2014, 03:03:25 AM »
How I got into art

Well it looks like all my stuff prior to 2017 has been deleted off of the old imaging site I was using so I'll just post my new stuff here...  All critiques are welcome and much appreciated as it helps improve me as an artist.  If you want me to critique your artwork then just PM me and I'll take a look for you.

All these artworks are going to be in order and most of them might just be doodles or sketches.  Also the girl with the witch hat is my character, that's why I like to draw her so much
Originally going to be page 1 of my webcomics but was completely scrapped XD
December 7

December 7-8
Idk which day is which but they are in order

Spoiler

GOTCHA!

December 9
Red lines means I corrected it on the 10th

Okay so I redrew the body in different angles several times and the last one I was just so frustrated that I didn't erase it...

\

Let's just not talk about the anatomy of these animals...  And trust me, this is after I fixed it too...

I looked up some anatomy on the animals and got much better results than just doing it from memory

Spoiler

Were you expecting something scary?

December 10
Some of these are censored because idk the limitations of what I'm allowed to post here XD

Censored part is middle finger

He's not being nice to the building...

Boobs but they are actually not the same drawing as the waist you see under it

12/12/2017

12/13/2017

12/14/17

12/15/17
Part 1 Art Dump(mostly in order but I don't have dates)

Part 2 Art Dump(These have dates and are in order, yay)
3/12/18

3/13/18

3/14/18

3/15/18

3/16/18

3/17/18

3/18/18

3/25/18

6/3/18 and 6/21/18
6/3/18

6/21/18 (WIP)

This one is like the 3rd chibi I've ever drawn in my life (WiP 6/27/18)

Here is one of the first chibis I've ever drawn (2016)

Definitely improved over the years

WiP 6/27/18

« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:38:45 PM by MK »

Offline DeAngelus

• View Profile
Re: Matsui Kenshin's gallery
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 06:04:10 AM »
Please note that these pictures are not perfect (no one's perfect but always room to improve :D ) and i mostly drew them on plane rides so there might be silly mistakes :P

I put these in order of when i finished them so you can tell how much i improved or didn't draw as well

Right click & click 'view image' (For Firefox) on the image & then copy its url if you want to display an image from other sites that is not an image hosting site .
PM me if you wanted a critique. It takes time for one to come to you, so please be patient.

If you wanted it to be public or private, do tell me.

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 09:46:56 AM »
Thanks for posting the pictures directly to the site, I tried to do it as they said but didn't quite work. Will try again later today

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 08:08:20 PM »
So I have been drawing quite a bit just I don't think it is worth much to post it online because they are mostly background drawings (on my math homework/notes lol)

My art class let me draw something manga related for once...

Before you ask I will tell you about it...
Spoiler
Ok the 16 boxes you see is not to reduce the picture or to copy...  Pretty much every box will have a different texture (like hatching, stippling, etc)...
I did not copy from any picture reference (more like i couldn't because of bad connection lol) so everything was from my head...
The support beams on the wall have a stray line going through it...
His left foot is a tad bit small...
The random wave in the background that makes no sense at all is part of the requirement (so is 1 circle but I just made the circle a window)...
I am not allowed to put any weapons in there so he has no sword...
His head looks a little too tall...
I forgot the buckle on the strap (thought that was how the author did it but guess not so gotta fix it)...
This is just a rough draft, I did it in pen because I have to trace it onto bristol board...
The outline on the character is also there on purpose...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 09:54:48 PM by Matsui Kenshin »

Offline Austadophilus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 08:32:16 PM »
Your first picture is awesome! The wings are so well-drawn!

Also that is some good background work over your math stuff. XD I love sketching during school work too.

Great work!

Offline liuxess

• Love ya! <3
  • I would kill you, but that would stop your pain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 01:15:32 AM »
GJ,  Matsui! The first one is really lovely,  how much time did it take you to do?

And yeah,  the second one's titan,  based on the size of the head,  could just step over that wall
I don't create stories, I relive them ;)
I'm in development of one right now, so please check it out:
 http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,15050.0.html
If you want me to check out YOUR story,  just PM me.

Offline Boosted Nomena :)

• Symmetry lover
  • Please don't PM me for Free Commission requests
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 02:26:12 AM »
These are nice... Thought I think they are a bait skinny...the perspective looks nice too...and euh, I would recommend not to neglect your math class...especially Geometry since this part deals a lot with Graphs and stuff that I think are also important while drawing  :tongue:

I also think you should still show some of what you call "not worth posting" ... getting advices are the best way to improve...and anyway in the end you'll be the one to decide whether to use the advice or not.
Cheers,
How about some violin :)
https://youtu.be/yGdmqwjKoD8

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 08:24:03 PM »
@liuxess
I looked around and found my pencil version...  It took 3 hours for the pencil version then looking at how i inked (and used black colored pencil) the second one probably around an hour and a half...  If you want to know why I used black colored pencil for dark parts it is because I didn't want to have a bunch of hatching in it...  Also color pencil doesn't smudge in my binder cover so much better than normal graphite pencil

@Nomena
I will see about getting the pictures on MR (currently have a cold) but judging proportions might be tough because they look like blocks (too lazy to put windows)...

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 09:52:54 PM »
For my math project we were supposed to solve a problem and do a drawing...  My group had me draw waves (first time for me but I did study some last year...)  Anyways I used crayons to make it and well...  I HATE USING CRAYONS, but now I have a somewhat new respect for them...

Before:

After:

...  All my hard work for almost nothing T.T...   And yea I know they look a little off (the middle one especially)  Some of it you can't see too well but it was covered up anyways -_-  Meh spent 30 mins and the paper was pretty huge...  I also don't really use colors too so that is also another new thing XD
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 10:03:45 PM by Matsui Kenshin »

• Symmetry lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 06:54:00 AM »
I don't think it was for nothing at all, the waves that you drew with crayons looks nice...though it's just looks a bit  sharp especially at the tips of the waves, you could also try adding more foams around the waves in the future  :D...

Cheers,

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 12:02:42 AM »
Yea I do admit they look a bit sharp but most of the small splash marks didn't get in the photo...  I will be adding a  new picture probably this weekend (busy this week)

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 12:06:40 PM »
I have been drawing since my last post, never really felt the other stuff was worth posting.  In the last week my skill has improved alot.  Note this is my character design for the webcomic imma start making soon and not something copied.

Spoiler

I still have a long ways to improve on my inking skills tho :/
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 09:56:18 PM by Matsui Kenshin »

• Symmetry lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 06:14:32 PM »
I think it is rather the pose that you should improve on first :D ... for me it look a bit too mechanical...

the body proportion seems about right and I get which pose you are trying to draw but you should think about how the joints of the body works (shoulder, elbow, knees)...for example if her left shoulder is tilted that way, it's should be more natural for the left hand to be hanging straight vertically or elbow should bend on the opposite way...and I don't think her left leg should be so profiled.

If you have a big mirror in your room then try replicate the pose you wanna draw...otherwise try replicate the pose anyways, it looks kind of painful  :-\ 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 06:19:46 PM by Nomena-Alrina »
Cheers,

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 09:57:58 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it.  Now that I looked at it again it does seem a bit strange

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 06:41:36 PM »
Well... It's been a while since I posted here...

Request from FrodoNorris...

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 09:56:49 PM by Matsui Kenshin »