September 23, 2018, 06:15:21 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Writer seeking artist  (Read 803 times)

Offline Altrunchen

• Looking to collaborate with an artist for free.
    • View Profile
Writer seeking artist
« on: August 25, 2014, 06:11:26 PM »
Hello there I am new to manga in general but I am not new to writing and I am in fact an English major in college and have been working on a novel series for a long time, so I know a good story when I see one and I know how to write too. However, I cannot draw manga to save my life and I am looking for someone on here to collaborate with and maybe become friends with too.

Example of my Writing:
http://altrunchen.deviantart.com/art/Dead-City-Park-302769511

Proposed steps of collaboration:
  • Simple, 3-panel comic to get a feeling of how each person works and functions.
  • If the 3-panel goes well, then maybe we can do a page-long comic (6-9 panels)
  • If the page-long comic goes well then we can try a 12 panel comic.
  • If the 12 panel goes well then we can start working on a longer project together.

I am also willing to work for free and am capable of using photoshop however necessary to assist the artist.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:14:40 PM by Altrunchen »

Offline MinatoAkito

• Aspiring LN writer/Mangaka
    • View Profile
Re: Writer seeking artist
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 10:13:35 PM »
I'm interested in your offer but then again my drawing skills are not on par with the levels of pro mangakas >.>
But I read your story and it's a very interesting start imo

Offline Altrunchen

• Looking to collaborate with an artist for free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 10:41:34 PM »
I'm interested in your offer but then again my drawing skills are not on par with the levels of pro mangakas >.>
But I read your story and it's a very interesting start imo

Oh thanks, that was a short-story that I wrote for a creative writing class though. That story isn't an idea I had for a manga. I figured that If I was gonna work with an artist then we may want to do a simple 3-panel comic first, just to get a feel of what working together would be like. Do you feel like you'd be up for doing a 3-panel prototype comic just to get used to each other?

Offline aspiringartist

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 02:38:32 AM »
Hi. I read your story, and.. wow; That's really all I have to say. You have amazing talent, and by the looks of it creativity. Both of which are not easy to come by. I would like to draw for you, but I'll warn you. I'm definitely not as good as a pro manga-ka or some of the people on this website. It would be a challenge, but I always look for challenges. I can try, and if you don't like it, I will get it. However, I hope you give me a chance! :)

-Ri.

Offline N0yz3Play

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 09:19:59 AM »
That was very well written story that by the end of it, I was kinda left wanting more. I also noticed that that story was written about 3 years ago, I'm intrigued by what you would be able to pull off now. I know that your seeking an artist, but I just wanted to commend you on your character designs as they we're quite interesting!

I would really like to try and work with you, but I'm currently working on improving my manga drawing in a number of areas so I'm not confident just yet in partnering up. In the meantime though, I hope you all the best in finding an artist and if you do, I'll be keeping an eye out for what you produce.
N0yz3Play Deviantart page: http://n0yz3play.deviantart.com