March 29, 2024, 01:52:43 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Robin's Art  (Read 139937 times)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: Robin's Sketchbook
« Reply #525 on: June 21, 2018, 02:50:18 AM »
I can't tell if she's supposed to have a hand on that arm or not, so maybe that can help with the asymmetry? Put a glove on that hand?

@Walter: I find it impossible to compare between those three. They're all different monsters. I personally cannot for the life of me stand One Piece, but I like Bleach okay.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline VOYA

• Voyager
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 21, 2018, 04:17:58 PM »
Been considering binge-watching Bleach for the 6th time. Somebody stop me. I got more important things to do.

Can you, like, binge watch Aoi Bungaku with me? (seinen) otherwise go watch Death note again please. :l
Random Q do you still have your website with artists/writers? Been ages
Hey there, I am using WhatsA- ... oh

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 21, 2018, 05:48:11 PM »
What's Aoi Bungaku? And wait Robin has a website?

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 21, 2018, 09:36:11 PM »
I have never watched it. Is the only one of the top 3 I have never watched. I finished Naruto, started One Piece (way too long, I have to finish it at some point) but never Bleach. How good is it compared to the others?
Well all 3 have/had their strengths and weaknesses, but I think overall I enjoyed Bleach the most.

I can't tell if she's supposed to have a hand on that arm or not, so maybe that can help with the asymmetry? Put a glove on that hand?
She has a hand there yeah. Just haven't redrawn it after changing the pose yet.

Can you, like, binge watch Aoi Bungaku with me? (seinen) otherwise go watch Death note again please. :l
Random Q do you still have your website with artists/writers? Been ages
I really shouldn't binge watch anything right now. I got a ton of stuff I want to get done before the fall semester starts. And the forum is still open, yep. It's a ghost town though.

What's Aoi Bungaku? And wait Robin has a website?
Yeah, I made a comic creation forum back before I wandered into MR. Sometimes I host collab projects over there, but most of the time it's empty.

And this is something way overdue to be finished for someone on DA. Still trying to figure out the whole digital painting thing.

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
Re: Robin's Sketchbook and Other Art
« Reply #529 on: June 26, 2018, 03:03:58 PM »
Too many bracelets...

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 26, 2018, 04:29:28 PM »
I binge watched one piece which was great, since nothing happens in any single episode, but collectively its a story. bleach had way too many different arcs that were all fun in themselves, but felt awfully like filler (which i think it was) I dont remember watching naruto but I know I have :P

cool bracelet. one of your own making, or just repairing?
And all those pliers and tools! gotta love those little helping hands with the magnifying glass.

hows the baked dragon holding up? i missed your post when you said you baked it, glad you finished it!
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 27, 2018, 10:50:03 PM »
I had one of those glasses for doing electronic circuits stuff when I was a teenager. Brings memories  ;)

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 03, 2018, 03:42:49 AM »
cool bracelet. one of your own making, or just repairing?
And all those pliers and tools! gotta love those little helping hands with the magnifying glass.

hows the baked dragon holding up? i missed your post when you said you baked it, glad you finished it!
One I made.

The absol or the tiny dragon? They haven't fallen apart so I'll take that as a good sign.

Also I'm having a bit of an art crisis. For some reason it's easier to draw more realistically than to stylize faces. I know because of my figure drawing class, but it feels like I've gotten worse at drawing not realistic stuff... Not super great at either but it bothers me. I know practice practice, but I can't draw much anymore because of my wrist issues. Or maybe I'm just lazy. Hard to say.

Anyways you guys over in the MR Fanart thread were making me jealous with having visual representations so I started yet another wip. I drew myself from memory and obviously it's not 100% true to life, but the one on the left is how I look (sorta) if anyone was curious.

How do hairdo?
Just noticed the far pupil on the left drawing looks wonky.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 03, 2018, 12:03:52 PM »
Cute  :heart: :heart:

If anyone wonders, I look just like my avatar. I am the devil in disguise.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 03, 2018, 02:23:32 PM »
pretty snazzy hair to be honest. glad the models are holding together :P
well if your wrist is playing up then best to be careful.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 03, 2018, 04:48:51 PM »
I understand the feeling of having difficulty transitioning. I had gotten used to drawing anthro characters and it screwed me up a bit on drawing actual human legs, so maybe it's just that you've gotten into a habit of drawing and therefore thinking in terms of realism. Give yourself some time to work back into exaggerating style and I'm sure you'll be all right.

The self-portrait is really nice. It's somehow different than I expected. Maybe because I imagined you with dark hair? (Every other Robin I know, including my father, has dark hair).
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 03, 2018, 07:05:10 PM »
Thanks guys.

The self-portrait is really nice. It's somehow different than I expected. Maybe because I imagined you with dark hair? (Every other Robin I know, including my father, has dark hair).

Thank you. My hair color ranges from a dull copper in artificial light to a bright metallic copper if I go outside. It's not quite red and not quite brown, so copper it is. :P Also dunno if anyone looked that closely, or if it's even visible in that image, but I have central heterochromia (Gray/Brown).

Almost done with this drawing. Just need to shade the right one.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 03, 2018, 07:28:59 PM »
Sounds about like my hair, lol. Red looks great with my skin tone, but I can never wear it because it washes out my hair. My hair gets jealous that it's more red and recedes into being brown next to red clothing.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 03, 2018, 07:54:09 PM »
Oranges and browns seem to be what suits me best. Don't even think I have any red shirts.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 04, 2018, 03:04:56 PM »
Thats reminds me of Spyro the dragon. It was by far one of my favorite games as a kid. May play again soon just for the nostalgia feeling.

Facebook       Patreon