November 23, 2017, 07:11:51 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Robin's Sketchbook  (Read 21349 times)

Offline BobbyJoeXForgotenSB

• More a Dreamer than an Artist
    • View Profile
Re: Robin's Sketchbook
« Reply #405 on: July 29, 2017, 03:10:01 PM »
Not bad, not bad at all :D What's your comic about?

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,13239.0.html

as for the storyboard, hope to see more done, like' don't do a storyboard, then finish the page, do multible, like do the whole chapter before starting to imk, also are you inking trad or digitally?

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 29, 2017, 04:59:47 PM »
I feel bad that I can't see much of the storyboard and am more focused on how well-kept your thumbnail is.
Are you having trouble with the blurry photo? (My camera phone isn't the greatest at times...) Though my nail... Yeah I try to take care of them. (Usually they're long and filed into claws with rounded points. ^^;)

I can't read the last part. The anatomy of the girls looks good.

I remember your story about the Damphir. Is that the same story?
(I changed the script again... Never satisfied.)
The dialogue reads...

Jasper: You sent for me?
Milo: Ah, Jasper. Yes I did.
Milo: Are you prepared to take another contract?
Jasper: What is it?
Milo: There has been a string of killings in the port town of Evansburg. People disappear and their remains are later found partially devoured.
Milo: This includes other bounty hunters.

Yep, same one.

Not bad, not bad at all :D What's your comic about?
This story is about two young members of a bounty hunting guild and how their relationships with themselves, each other, and the world develop and change over time. (Lots of drama.) The setting and characters themselves are fantasy based as the main characters, Thomas and Jasper, are a half-wolf-folk (half werewolf) and a dhampir (a half vampire) respectively.

as for the storyboard, hope to see more done, like' don't do a storyboard, then finish the page, do multible, like do the whole chapter before starting to imk, also are you inking trad or digitally?
I hope to get the storyboards done for the entire first arc done before I start inking, then make maybe one or two storyboard chapters for every one I ink. I'm probably going to ink digitally since I don't have anything I would need to to traditional pages well. And I also have a new tablet with an actual screen built in coming in the mail so that should make things quicker and easier.

Thank you all for the comments, I appreciate it. ^^ Also on another topic I've been looking into things to help with wrist pain/carpel tunnel syndrome. I picked up a couple wrist braces to sleep in yesterday (Kept fidgeting with it and didn't sleep much though. ^^;), have been looking into hand/wrist strengthening stretches and exercises, and will be taking more frequent breaks as I draw.
Interested in commissioning artwork or storyboards?
https://robinryuu.wixsite.com/dragonscale-studios

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 04, 2017, 08:28:14 AM »
Thank you all for the comments, I appreciate it. ^^ Also on another topic I've been looking into things to help with wrist pain/carpel tunnel syndrome. I picked up a couple wrist braces to sleep in yesterday (Kept fidgeting with it and didn't sleep much though. ^^;), have been looking into hand/wrist strengthening stretches and exercises, and will be taking more frequent breaks as I draw.

Learn to draw with the other hand.

I read the prologue. Here are my comments:

Girl in the doorway”: Morgan said you wanted to see me for something?

I would write ": Morgan said you wanted to see me?". The "for something" is redundat.

The bodies appear to have been devoured and there were traces of dark magic so I've been told.

The "so I have been told" doesn't sounds so good IMO. I would write it: "I have ben told the bodies appear to have been devoured and there were traces of dark magic " or "The bodies appear to have been devoured and there were traces of dark magic according to my sources"

The rest seems interesting. Will read chapter 1 later!

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 04, 2017, 02:00:20 PM »

Learn to draw with the other hand.

I read the prologue. Here are my comments:

Girl in the doorway”: Morgan said you wanted to see me for something?

I would write ": Morgan said you wanted to see me?". The "for something" is redundat.

The bodies appear to have been devoured and there were traces of dark magic so I've been told.

The "so I have been told" doesn't sounds so good IMO. I would write it: "I have ben told the bodies appear to have been devoured and there were traces of dark magic " or "The bodies appear to have been devoured and there were traces of dark magic according to my sources"

The rest seems interesting. Will read chapter 1 later!
The new dialogue for the second page is in the post before this one.

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 04, 2017, 10:58:09 PM »
He was in the process of trying to decipher some of the words that had gotten blurred when he fell into a puddle of muddy water when escaping his pursuers a few towns back when the carriage came to a stop.

I would write: He was trying to decipher...also that sentence sounds bad somehow. That double when. Perhaps write "while escaping..."

The young man climbed out of the carriage and was stretching his stiff muscles when the driver interrupted him.

Interrupted from streching muscles? Not like that is an activity you can be interrupted from.

He walked toward the town he could see in the distance, not noticing the broken sign that lay in the bushes beside him. On it was the word “Evansburg”

Any particular reason why the driver didnt take him directly to the town?

"Who is it?" a woman asks from behind the still closed door

The closed door

"It had been," the other man spoke, giving him a questioning look

It was

"I haven't had the chance to learn the latest news for a while..."

Sounds weird. Who "learns" news? You read or hear news.

"Most of the people here left a few months back when this town turned into a monster's feeding ground."

A few months ago.

With his plan now obsolete and now being in a precarious location he decided that he had no choice but to keep moving.

With his plan now obsolete and now in a precarious location he (realized) he had no choice but to keep moving.

"Decided he had no choice" doesn't make sense.

The fight was cool. I like it.

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 04, 2017, 11:27:54 PM »
Why are you critiquing my story in my art topic?

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 06, 2017, 02:13:01 PM »
Didnt't notice.

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 03, 2017, 12:41:06 AM »
Busy with classes so can't work on much else. Liking my new tablet though.

Commission for TaimaTala @ Deviantart

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 03, 2017, 01:58:53 AM »
This was on the stream right? Love it. Dat clean linework. Green is not usually my thing but this one seems easy on the eyes

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 08, 2017, 07:07:49 PM »
This was on the stream right? Love it. Dat clean linework. Green is not usually my thing but this one seems easy on the eyes
Thank you and yes it was. ^^

School stuff:

Dry Point Prints

Masking Tape Shoe Replica

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 09, 2017, 02:07:22 PM »
Dude, to make a shoe out of masking tape sounds awesome. Is it functional, though?
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 16, 2017, 09:03:45 PM »
Dude, to make a shoe out of masking tape sounds awesome. Is it functional, though?

It's just supposed to look like the shoe. The sole is fairly hollow and easily crushed.

Busy with classes and the projects for my art classes. I have been making some stone/crystal jewelry though. If anybody is interested in that kind of stuff I'll take pictures. Hoping to sell the majority of it actually...

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 22, 2017, 06:06:12 PM »
Jewlery sounds interesting. That shoe with tape thing is cool!

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 05, 2017, 08:38:55 AM »
that is a ridiculously good shoe lol. must try the same for making cosplay items hmmmmm......