March 29, 2024, 01:21:13 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Tablet suggestions?  (Read 3655 times)

Offline SapphireStar

• That kid in the corner that nobody knows.
    • View Profile
Tablet suggestions?
« on: July 30, 2014, 04:21:02 AM »
I want to get a drawing tablet, because I'm tired of using my laptop's trackpad to draw (the lines tend to look a bit sloppy). The problem is, I'm not sure what kind of tablet to get! What would you guys recommend? (I think I'd prefer one with a screen--it would make it easier to see what I'm doing. XD Oh yeah, it also needs to work for a laptop.)
"Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad."
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Tablet suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 05:05:39 AM »
That one where you draw directly on the screen is amazingly expensive I think? It's a Cintiq. Every time  I check it's a fresh 999 dollars.

I hear you can find good second hand Intous 3s online. You should get either a Bamboo or Intuous. An artist on youtube said the Intuous 3 has served him for 10 years without breaking down, and he only replaced it because he felt like it. Seems like a good place to start (And I'm sure they're better versions in that series)

Offline Stevie D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 06:39:03 AM »
Copics but i use computer to edit any errors i make in the original comic btw sup Ayano

Offline IamKeria

• Fear YAH and Work with Faith
  • Stay Humble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 05:33:27 PM »
i use Huoin. cost is $75 and it works really well. I have used Wacom Bamboo in the pass it works well too

Offline SaltySpices

• Cute girls doing not so cute things is my jam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 10:23:03 PM »
On screen tablets are waaayyyyy expensive, I just saw one the other day for $1,600. But I've had this Wacom Intuos Manga tablet for almost a month now and I personally think it's excellent. I've tried to draw before in the past and have had two previous tablets, and they were both really really cheap and kinda restrictive. The Intuos tablet has pressure sensitivity and the surface has this texture that's similar to paper. And I'm also using it with a laptop and haven't had any problems so far (knock on wood eh?). It was also about $100 so I'm not sure if you're willing to spend that much. What might seem like a downside is the small active drawing area (it's like 3in by 4 1/2in) but i got used to it really quick. But it helps with making long strokes because of how small it is. I personally think it was a good investment but hey, that's just me.