April 19, 2024, 12:05:53 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Vanishing Love  (Read 1588 times)

Offline adamleon97

• View Profile
Vanishing Love
« on: May 16, 2015, 09:53:02 PM »
A lot of people have been asking me to post the “Vanishing Love” Story here at the forum. So far, I’m only going to post the first two episodes as to make it easier for people to understand the setup for the storyline and how it then continues into a darker storyline and all the details.
First thing I’d like to point out is the Character’s Description for for the main characters for the first Two episodes and help to explain scenes along the way.

Young Girl (Mary Liefde) (Girl): Mary Liefde was raised by her father (Dean Liefde) and her mother (Mary Liefde Sr.) She grew up in America during the time when her parents were together. When her mother passed away, Dean took Mary and left to the Eastern European countries, constantly moving between new ones. Mary (like Bryan) was also experimented on by Joseph Gray (Bryan’s Father) with an experimental drug, causing her to forget the majority of her childhood memories. While in Holland, Mary’s father mysteriously disappears at the same time she was accepted into the foreign exchange program to be taken to the states and study for a year there. Seeing no other option, she decides to leave to America under the program.

Boy 2 (Kellin Gray): Kellin Gray was raised by his mother (Anna Gray) and his father (Joseph Gray) until the incident that caused the death of Dean’s wife. After her death, a series of events followed that forced Joseph and Anna into a divorce, never to be allowed to see each other again. After the court custody agreements, Anna took full custody of Kellin. The remainder of Kellins childhood had him being raised by a single mother without any sight of Joseph or Bryan.

Bryan Gray: Bryan Gray was raised by his mother (Anna Gray) and his father (Joseph Gray) until the divorce, separating the family. After the Divorce, Joseph bought a house for Bryan to live alone and isolated from everyone else. At a very young age, Bryan had to adapt to his isolation, learning to live alone and take care of a house while holding onto several other responsibilities with the help of Elisabeth.
At the start of his high school career, Bryan meets a character who will soon be his only friend, John. (a more positive character)

Spoiler
Scene 1 Description: The beginning scene begins with a dream/memory. As far as Bryan’s aware of it’s just a dream to him. He believes that the reason as to his lack of memories of the majority of his childhood is due to the fact of traumatic experiences and chaotic elements that caused him to “Block out” or repress those memories. The actual cause for his memory loss (Which won’t be explained until a few episodes in) is because of his Father, the CEO of the I.S.T.A. Scientific Corporation (Joseph Gray). During Bryan’s earlier years, his father tested on him with an experimental drug that was supposed to enhance human potential (I’ll explain more of that in a later scene). The dream is actually depicting the memory of when his only friend (The Young Girl/Mary Liefde) leaves him. when he awakens, he marks it as nothing more than just another strange dream. The scene also begins to explain why he’s living alone (Something that won’t actually be fully explained until later in the series).
The reasoning behind Bryan’s isolation has to do with Joseph's past (I’ll explain more in a later scene) Joseph and Anna are forced into a divorce (not their own plan) and also cannot be allowed to see each other. During the court custody agreements, Joseph gained custody of Bryan. The reason behind that is because even though Joseph tested on both Kellin and Bryan, Bryan showed more promise for the tests and he wanted to be able to continue the testings on Bryan and watch his progression more closely.
In a quote from Joseph later in the episode “The Secret Never to be Told”“True scientific variables call for isolation...(Excerpt taken out) it was the only way to gather accurate growth and results.” He begins to explain to Bryan that the actual reason as to why he had bought a house for him and isolated him from everyone else wasn’t because he “didn’t want to have to deal with him” but because he wanted to keep Bryan’s growth unchanged by anything or anyone else. (E.X. if a scientist is aware of a loved ones condition in regards to drugs and placebos, it will begin to affect the scientists judgement as to growth and regulation and change in the statistics or data)
However, because Bryan believes otherwise (That his father didn’t want to have to deal with him) he feels as if his Father doesn’t care about him and that the rest of his family have nearly forgotten him. As explained in episode three “Childhood Memories” in a quote to his brother Kellin, Bryan says “I never wanted to live like this...(Excerpt taken out) I would ask him ‘When will I see my brother again?’ only to be met with echoes of sadness from him... (Excerpt taken out) Where were you, Kellin? Where were you and mom?”

Scene 2 Description: The second scene picks up right where the first scene leaves off. The beginning of the scene introduces Elisabeth (His neighbor across the street) who will play a bigger part later on in the series.
The first piece of exchanging dialogue is between Bryan Gray and another character introduced, his long time friend, John. John’s character is introduced as a more positive and free-flowing protagonist in the series to balance out Bryans introspective darker personality. A few facts are given within the narration as well as a few subtexts. John and Bryan have been friends for the past four years, this shows the development between Bryan and his relationships. Even after four years of being friends, he still ignores John at times and keeps to himself, showing his mental isolation from even friends (Another piece that will come into play several times throughout the series).
Another context is that John is a more habitual character, sticking to a very mundane schedule. This would be very appealing to Bryan due to his lack of emotional connection and bland attitude towards people and their lives.
As the scene continues, after Bryan questions as to why John broke his very predictable schedule, he’s under the impression that John intends to meet the Foreign Exchange Student only because of a rumor that it’ll be a girl. Also helping to establish that Bryan is neither interested in romantic relationships or rumors.
The next noticeable piece of action in the scene is followed by the actual meeting of the Foreign Exchange Girl who introduces herself as Mary (Mary Liefde).
 the beginning pieces of dialogue between her and Bryan help to show that Bryan doesn’t have particularly good social skills (nearly scaring her in the process) but also shows that nearly upon looking at her he becomes more open and remains engaging in conversation. (Something normally uncommon of him)
The following action is then seen from Mary’s end after they are introduced

“Action: Mary looks over at Bryan while John is speaking. She stares for awhile quietly ignoring John. Bryan notices and looks at her, she quickly faces forward.”

This attitude is somewhat suspicious and alarming. Bryan is offput by this but chalks it up as a matter of nervousness on Mary’s part.

“John: (Whispers to Bryan) "Her name’s Mary, she's a little... weird."
Action: Bryan looks at Mary again and sees her quickly turning away again.
Bryan: "I’m sure she’s just nervous... new country you know?"”

The actual reason behind this is a little more complex. Considering Mary was that young girl on the swingset all those years ago, (She was also tested on with the same experimental drugs) she finds Bryan Gray as a familiar entity. She recognizes him but can’t quite remember who he is or from where she’s seen him, explaining why she’s curious as to who he his.

“Mary: "I have a question."
Action: John stumbles on his words and looks at Mary. They reach the end of the cross-walk
John: "Oh? About what?"
Action: Mary nods her head towards Bryan indicating his presence.
Mary: "What’s his name?"”

Scene 3 Description: The next piece of information given about Mary is seen in scene three when she reacts to the school. You learn that she comes from Holland when she exclaims about the size of the school. Although this scene is relatively short, you also get another hint as to Mary’s odd personality after Bryan runs off (awkwardly as well, he’s not getting better at talking to people) and she says “See you later... Bryan.”
She specifically recites his name to herself and almost foreshadows that she intends on meeting him again.
Scene 4 Description: This scene begins with a monologue from Mary as she writes in her journal, showcasing her intellect and her paranoia

Mary: (Thinks as she writes) I find myself looking for stability in this new world. I’m not sure who’s a friend or who’s a foe, but I’m not sure about anything yet and I find myself somewhat attaching myself here. Why is this?

The fact that she mentions her analyzations of “friends and foes” shows that not only is she incredibly secretive, but she’s also extremely paranoid of others (also demonstrated when first encountering Tyler)
Tyler’s background has always been incredibly vague (not necessarily mysterious but he’s just never really explained as a character)
When he introduces himself, you see that he’s the student assistant to the principal himself (Not to be mistaken for the V.P.) Tyler achieved this title by paying his way to the top and bribing the principal to pretty much be allowed to ride around in a golf cart, have near immunity when getting in trouble, and being allowed to ditch classes.
   Although his family is never explained, Tyler is portrayed as a character coming from a rich family without any acknowledgement for responsibility whatsoever.
   Towards the end of the scene, Tyler’s character has been quite established (He’s an asshole) but then ends with the scene with a foreshadow of planning on running into Mary once again.

Then here's the actual first 4 scenes below
Spoiler
(Scene 1)
Scene: Three young kids are playing at a playground. Two are boys and the third one is a small girl. There’s an older man with them holding an umbrella even though it’s the middle of the day. Seems to be a butler of some kind. They’re swinging on the swings laughing and having fun challenging each other.
Young Girl: (Laughs) “I’m gonna beat you Bryan! I can go higher than any of you!”
Action: The young girl swings higher while laughing, maintaining a childlike quality in everything she does.
Boy 2: “Come on Bryan! We can’t let a girl beat us!”
Action: Boy 2 swings higher, about the same as the girl. They both urge Bryan to join them, As they’re swinging.
Young Girl: “What are you waiting for?”
Boy 2: “Come on brother! Go higher!”
Action: The girl continues laughing as Bryan slows down to an almost complete stop. He notices a mysterious black car has pulled up.
Boy2: “Brother, what are you doing? She’s going to beat us!”
Action: The noise of an alarm clock slowly, increasingly becomes more audible as the scene fades to white and fades in from white. There’s a bedroom. Large bed, six grey pillows, one thick grey blanket. Bryan (Older now) lays alone in the middle. Two bedside tables, one lamp on each side. Clock, digital, on left bedside table. Large closet on opposite side of the room. There’s a small orangish cat standing on his chest meowing at him as the alarm clock blares signalling to wake up, time is 6:00 A.M. Bryan scratches the cat behind the ears and he purrs and jumps away.
Bryan: (Sighs) “What a strange dream...”
Action: Bryan gets out of bed. as he’s grabbing clothes from his closet you hear him narrating.
Bryan: (Narrates) “Hello world. My name’s Bryan... And I feel like I’m carrying you on my shoulders.”
Action: Bryan walks into the bathroom turning on the shower. He begins to take off his clothes and entering the shower.
Bryan: (Narrates) “I can’t remember most of my childhood... but by the bits and pieces of recollection I do recall... I guess forgetting’s a good thing.”
Action: At this point in the dialogue Bryan has entered the shower and is humming a song (most preferably the theme song).
Bryan: (Narrates) “It’s taught me to be self reliant... self dependent... self assured... the only downside is...”
Action: as the dialogues continues, during the pauses between the dialogue the scene should show him doing the menial trivial actions of the morning. Brushing his hair, Brushing his teeth, tying his shoe. At the end of the dialogue, Bryan grabs a backpack and a journal and walks out the door as the cat tails him lightly.
Bryan: (Narrates) “I’m all alone..”
Action: The door closes and the cat sits in front, his tail’s down and then he lies down.

(Scene Intro)

(Scene 2)
Scene: Sidewalk, grey, passing by flowers. Houses with white picket fences. Cars passing by on the right to his right and houses to his left.Bryan looks across the street and sees a girl about his height, she’s thinner and has long blonde hair, golden eyes and a very welcoming wide smile. The girl turns around and waves at Bryan. Bryan smiles and waves back. then continues on walking.
Bryan: (Narrates) “That beautifully golden eyed girl is Elisabeth, She’s around my age. Every Saturday she’ll visit me just to make sure I have some company. She’s a very sweet girl. She always cooks for me when she visits... You could say that’s she’s really one of the only truly dependable people left in this wretched world.”
Action: Bryan is holding his large shoulder strap black bag on one shoulder. He's walking toward a school located a few streets down to where he’s at when he suddenly is caught off guard by someones screaming his name from behind him.
John: "Hey, Bryan!"
Action: Bryan turns around and sees his friend John a few paces behind himself. Bryan ceases walking and cocks his head to the left looking surprised.
Bryan: "Oh, hey John.” Bryan furrows his brows, “What are you doing here?"
Action: John quickly runs up to Bryan.
John: "I figured that I’d join you and walk to school today."
Action: Bryan lets out a sigh of disbelief.
Action: Bryan turns back around and begins to walk. John stands on the right-side as they walk to school.
Bryan: (Narrates) This is John, My best friend. We've been friends for over four years now and never once has he walked to school. (Dialogue) "Why?"
Action: John lets out a nervous laugh and looks down embarrassed as they walk to school.
John: "Uh... Well, I'm-I’m walking to school because...” *let’s out another nervous laugh* “Jeez, this is actually kind of embarrassing... it’s actually because of the S.E.P."
Action: Bryan looks on puzzled.
Bryan: "S.E.P.? What’s that?” Bryan smiles and looks at John’s gut “Is that some kind of a fitness test?"
Action: John looks at Bryan angrily.
John: "No asshole, the S.E.P., The Student Exchange Program, remember?"
Bryan: (Says listlessly) "Oh yeah.... That"
Action: Bryan looks on uninterested. Most likely tuning out everything John has to say. the audio of John’s dialogue fades in.
John: "...So anyways, I'm walking to school because I wanted to see what she looked like."
Action: Bryan smiles and looks at John.
Bryan: "She? The new student's a girl?"
John: "Yeah, That's what I heard"
Action: John stares down at the ground.
Bryan: "Oh! Now this all makes sense!” hits John lightly on the shoulder “I wish you the best of luck."
Action: As Bryan and John are walking they stop near a stop sign waiting to cross. A girl approaches them holding a card. She’s holding a pink shoulder strapped bag containing an assortment of books. In her left hand she is clutching a large binder and in her right shes holding the card.
Girl: (Nervously) "Umm... Excuse me?"
Action: Girl taps Bryan on the shoulder. Bryan turns around facing the girl.
Bryan: (surprised) "oh... hello there.”
Girl: "Hi. Do you know where this place is?"
Action: The girl lifts the small card to Bryan's face. It says "Orion High School", with the address and the phone number to the school.
Girl: “I believe it's pronounced "Orion High School."
Bryan: (says calmly and positively) "Yeah I know... I can read."
Action: He expects a light laugh but she just stares at him nervously and awkwardly. He nervously laughs and it gets more awkward. Bryan then studies the address for awhile.
Bryan: "Oh hey look at that! what a coincidence!"
Action: The girl makes a face indicating confusion and fear. She stands hipshot. John comes in.
Girl: "What do you mean?"
John: Stands next to Bryan and leans into the conversation. “(To Bryan) Not really a coincidence Bryan... were you not even listening to me just 5 seconds ago? (To Mary) We're headed there now, just follow us."
Action: Girl looks at them nervously, places the card in her pocket and nods.
Girl: "Sure, okay"
Action: Bryan and John begin to cross the street. She clutches the binder close to her chest and hurriedly walks next to John as they cross the street. Bryan stands to the left of John not really caring about what’s going on.
John: "So you must be the new girl from the Student Exchange Program, right?"
Girl: (Nods) "Yes, my name's Mary"
Action: Mary looks over at Bryan while John is speaking. She stares for awhile quietly ignoring John. Bryan notices and looks at her, she quickly faces forward.
John: "That's cool, my name's John. You know, I didn't expect you to seem so Ameri-"
Action: Mary cuts off John.
Mary: "I have a question."
Action: John stumbles on his words and looks at Mary. They reach the end of the cross-walk
John: "Oh? About what?"
Action: Mary nods her head towards Bryan indicating his presence.
Mary: "What’s his name?"
Bryan: (In background) "Did she ask for my name? Do you want my number as well? I can give you my number if you want".
Action: John and Mary ignore Bryan, John speaks.
John: "His name’s Bryan, why do you ask?."
Action: Mary looks over at Bryan and then back to John.
Mary: "oh, I was just curious."
Action: John looks at Mary curiously and then faces Bryan.
John: (Whispers to Bryan) "Her name’s Mary, shes a little... weird."
Action: Bryan looks at Mary again and sees her quickly turning away again.
Bryan: "I’m sure she’s just nervous... new country you know?"
John: “Yeah, I know.”

SCENE CHANGE

(Scene 3)
Scene: Bryan, John and Mary arrive at the school. In front of the school is a big sign saying “Orion High School” and a very poor attempt of a drawing of the constellation of Orion with his outline. They’re standing at a big blue opening gate. It’s open and they enter. Right in front of them is a statue of the school founder and several buildings out in front of them.
John: "Okay, this is it, Orion High School."
Action: John takes off his backpack and holds it out in front of him. He unzips the top and takes out a book.
Mary: "Wow, it's much bigger than the schools back in Holland"
Action: Mary looks around excitedly. Smiles and waves to passer-byers
Bryan: (thinks) Damn... talk about excitement.
Action: Bryan watches as Mary’s excitedly jumping around looking at everything. John turns to Mary whose excitedly staring at the statue in front. (I’m not quite sure how you look at something excitedly but she’s *censored*ing doing it... it’s weird)
John: "I should get going to my class before the bell rings. I don't want to be late."
Action: Mary’s excitement quickly vanishes and a look of worry comes upon her face as she quickly looks around and then back at John.
Mary: "But, where do I go?"
John: "Head for the huge building to the right that says 'OFFICE' On it."
Action: John begins to head off to class, leaving Bryan and Mary. Bryan’s awkwardly staring at her and she awkwardly stares at him.
Bryan: (Thinks) She’s just staring at me... (Talks) “Er... um...”
Action: Mary smiles and continues looking at him. Bryan gets nervous, quickly speaks and then runs away.
Bryan: “Goodbye!” *runs off awkwardly*
Mary: (Whispers to herself) “See you later Bryan...”
SCENE CHANGE

(Scene 4)
Scene: Mary’s walking alongside a few buildings holding a few classes looking for the ‘OFFICE’. She looks around gets flustered and then chooses to sit down on a nearby bench. She places her pink bag beside her and pulls out a journal. She places the binder on the ground next to the bench and pulls out a pencil and begins to write into the journal.
Mary: (Thinks as she writes) I find myself looking for stability in this new world. I’m not sure who’s a friend or who’s a foe, but I’m not sure about anything yet and I find myself somewhat attaching myself here. Why is this? (she pauses and looks at a bird who landed in front of her at her feet) I met a boy today, he seems nice.... And handsome... His name’s-
Action: Mary looks up because she hears a grinding noise which is the sound of a boy in a golf cart approaching her. He looks to be around the age of 17. He parks in front of Mary and leans out of the golf cart a little. He furrows his brows and asks questioningly?
Boy: "Mary?"
Mary: "Uh... yes?”
Action: the boy leans back into his seat and laughs. Mary looks on puzzled. and places her journal and pencil back into her bag.
Boy: “Oh man, I’m glad I found you, the counselor would’ve had my ass if I didn’t find you.”
Action: Mary grabs her binder and clutches in to her chest and has one hand on her bag. The boy notices the worry and puzzlement in Mary’s face.
Boy: “Are you okay?”
Action: The boy jumps out of the golf cart and stands in front of Mary. Mary gets up quickly and stands behind the bench, separating her from him.
Boy: “Woah.. Don’t worry, I’m Tyler, I’m the student assistant to the principal himself.”
Action: Tyler notices Mary relax and continues to try to reassure her.
Tyler: “I was assigned to-”
Action: pulls out and reads a note.
Boy: " 'Direct Mary to the OFFICE for her to get her class assignments’, seems legit huh?"
Action: Mary slowly comes back from around the bench and approaches Tyler, she glances at the golf cart and then back at Tyler.
Mary: "Legit?"
Tyler: (laughs and then sighs) "You've got a lot to learn here."
Action: Tyler gets back into the golf cart and pats the passenger seat next to him indicating Mary to sit there.
Tyler: “Come on, let’s go to the office before they start to worry about you...”
Mary: “Um..”
Action: Mary fidgets and clutches her binder to her chest as her backpack is over her shoulder. She hesitates and Tyler becomes somewhat annoyed.
Tyler: “I don’t bite, come on, let’s go..”
Mary: “Um.. okay”
Action: Mary slowly goes around the golf cart and sits next to Tyler. She has her bag and binder on her lap. Tyler does a U-turn and heads off for the ‘OFFICE’. As he’s driving, Mary notices that his knuckles are bloody and bruised. he notices Mary clutching onto her stuff dearly
Tyler: “Hey, are you okay?... If you want, you can place your stuff in the back there”
Action: Tyler points to a bin in the back and Mary glances at it and then nods. She grabs her stuff and turns around in her seat and bends over to place her stuff in the bin. As she’s bent over Tyler checks out her bottom and smiles pervertedly.
Tyler: (Thinks) hmm.. I got an idea.
Action: Tyler does a quick jerk with the steering sending Mary tumbling to her right and Tyler puts out his hand and catches her by the bottom. An idea generated to cop a feel. Mary exclaims and then quickly turns around and sits in her seat upright. Tyler continues smiling feeling pretty happy and confident with himself.
Tyler: “I have a question for you.”
Action: Mary looks at Tyler and then back out in front of
Mary: “Uh... yes?”
Tyler: “Where you from?”
Action: Mary hesitates and begins to think, she’s been to so many different schools in America that she’s forgotten what home felt like. She then quickly regains her senses and answers the question.
Mary: "I'm from Holland, Why do you ask?"
Action: Tyler lightly laughs at this question and looks at Mary’s legs.
Tyler: "I've... never seen a woman like you before."
Action: Tyler licks his lips. Mary notices and becomes somewhat disgusted and scared.
Tyler: "What do you like to do for fun?"
Action: Tyler pulls up in front of the ‘OFFICE’ and then stares at Mary, expecting an answer to his highly inappropriate question. Mary jumps out and quickly grabs her stuff.
Mary: “I’ll... talk to you later Tyler...”
Action: Mary begins to walk into the ‘OFFICE’ to turn around and hear Tylers reply.
Tyler: “Yeah... you can expect it..”
Action: Tyler’s smiling pervertedly, does a U-turn and drives away.

Let me know what you think!