April 18, 2024, 06:01:54 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Sentieria  (Read 4056 times)

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
Sentieria
« on: July 17, 2014, 06:12:51 AM »
Please direct all comments on Sentieria stories here.

Dark Lineage is currently the first and only story of Project Sentieria.

Introduction to Dark Lineage
Dark Lineage is a dramatic story about an orphaned girl who comes across a discarded sword. The sword releases a dark power in her. After she learns to control it, she learns why her family was killed, and she decides to murder those responsible.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 04:32:08 PM by Lord Kesashi »

Offline Syntax

• Starving Artist
  • My cardboard box is nice...
    • View Profile
Re: Sentieria
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 07:49:32 AM »
At this point I'm more concerned with what you said about the chapters being 100 pages long, as a manga. The only manga I've read with chapters close to that long is Beck. They were maybe 80 pages, give or take. Unless you have people helping you, a ton of time, and a place to work, this will be a massive undertaking. Finishing a 100 page chapter takes more effort than dividing them up in 20 page ones. It's going to take you much longer to put out a chapter, which can lead to a lack of satisfaction and sense of progress. I recommend you go for a more standard chapter length. 100 pages is simply too much to handle unless you're a seasoned professional.

Offline Darksquirrel

• Mine is the fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 11:27:13 AM »
100 pages does sound awfully long, even to read. The concept sounds great however and I can't wait to read the script as it comes out, doubly so for the illustrated version.
Light novel guildsmen, Click here

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 03:50:57 PM »
I shall reconsider the length, but time is one thing I do have. I was intending to make it like a graphic novel, but again I do have an insanely large amount of time to devote to the story. I will not attempt to draw it until there is no more controversy in or about the script, and if God wills, I will have some assistance.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 03:53:01 PM by Lord Kesashi »

Offline Syntax

• Starving Artist
  • My cardboard box is nice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 04:03:25 PM »
Well, assuming you're a good artist, you might as well draw some of it, but just keep the length manageable. You don't want to overwork yourself and burnout. A lot of project end up unfinished that way.

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 02:12:13 AM »
"Good" is.. such a strong word. I will draw concept art and practice while I work on the story. Bud I'd rather not attempt anything official, lest I have to redraw if the story changes for whatever reason. Also I need to be sure of my skills so different chapters wont reflect different skill levels in my work.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 04:20:58 AM »
Part of the problem is that you're always trying to plan too many things all at once, rather than planning a simple, comprehensive story that evolves slowly on its own, you add more and more. You're better off planning a single arc and see if you can expand more later on.
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline Darksquirrel

• Mine is the fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 06:23:26 AM »
Yeah, Lorenx is right. I've had tons of story ideas that I just developed to death and never actually worked on them.
Light novel guildsmen, Click here

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 04:50:53 PM »
Yeah, Lorenx is right. I've had tons of story ideas that I just developed to death and never actually worked on them.

That's.. not exactly the situation here, but Loren is correct. 80% of the time that goes without saying, but he who fails to plan plans to fail. That's not the issue here though, and although I do intend to have 3 stories in project Sentieria I am starting from scratch, but with a few goals in mind. For the time being, my focus goes to Dark Lineage.

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 06:24:39 AM »
Just to update; I am writing the story into sets of 20-25 pages each now. As soon as possible I will post chapter 1.

To pacify Lorenx1: Original Sentieria is now, as it should have been, a commonplace book. I am redirecting all irrelevant ideas elsewhere until I they become relevant. And Dark Lineage can flourish as a story. I might even post a topic about it since there are just so many.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 12:46:50 PM »
I'm worried about the Dark Lineage story....i've read this idea over and over, everytime you couldn't control how to isolate the story arc per arc, and you constantly added more and more within the same story.

Ithas nothing to do with creating more than one story for this world, anyone can do that with no problem, but you just can't control your thoughts.

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 04:53:22 PM »
As previously stated, I've adopted a widely known technique of writers to isolate ideas. Dark Lineage is nothing like the Sentieria Legends you read in 2013.

I'm not denying that I have copious ideas, but I have it under control. There won't be any 'spear-heading'.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 05:30:07 PM »
We'll see....a first chapter shouldn't take  too long

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 05:28:37 AM »
I was hoping to update everything all at once, but I am still working on the first chapter. I made some updates to the first post of about 2 chapters of some introductory information and spoiler.