March 20, 2019, 11:52:31 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: KiwiKitty's Fanart  (Read 1393 times)

Offline CuteKiwiKitty

• View Profile
KiwiKitty's Fanart
« on: July 14, 2014, 02:03:55 PM »
here's some of my fanart, hope you like them :) and I would love some feedback of how to make my art better

Yato from Noragami
Spoiler

Kou From Ao Haru Ride
Spoiler

Yukine From Noragami
Spoiler

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
Re: KiwiKitty's Fanart
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 05:43:04 PM »
Amazing work really, inspirational even if-I-do-so-say-m'self.  :thumbsup: Though i've never watched/read those series.

My only suggestions (even though I can't see the second one) are gonna be pretty nit-picky since the fundamentals are well covered.

You don't seem to make much use of the focal point. The focal point is where the eyes land first when looking at a picture. It happens to be the very center of the picture if you divided it into 9 squares. Also called the rule of thirds.

Spoiler

When you're designing the layout of the image you should ask yourself: where do you want the viewer's eyes to concentrate on first? Many artists use it help express strong emotions. In instances of action they'll usually center the focus point on the character's expression or action or some other magical force. It's used a lot in fanservice where the butt or breasts would be centered in the focus point. In other strong emotions it may follow a tear or be centered on the character's face.

Ignoring the focus point can make the feelings and emotions portrayed feel distant. It helps make the feelings pop out. Usually in wallpapers, pictures with logos, or pictures words to be expressed artists ignore it.

There's a lot space in your artwork, and for the first one it's very nice for the mysterious feeling, but the for the last it seems as though there's something missing.

And lastly the folds on the clothes are done very well, but on the last image, they might be giving off the wrong texture of the kind of hoodie he's wearing. Fixing this could just be a matter of mimicking the folds on a hoodie in a photo to see how the folds should feel more smooth and loose.

Offline CuteKiwiKitty

• View Profile
Re: KiwiKitty's Fanart
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 12:22:36 AM »
Amazing work really, inspirational even if-I-do-so-say-m'self.  :thumbsup: Though i've never watched/read those series.

My only suggestions (even though I can't see the second one) are gonna be pretty nit-picky since the fundamentals are well covered.

You don't seem to make much use of the focal point. The focal point is where the eyes land first when looking at a picture. It happens to be the very center of the picture if you divided it into 9 squares. Also called the rule of thirds.

Spoiler

When you're designing the layout of the image you should ask yourself: where do you want the viewer's eyes to concentrate on first? Many artists use it help express strong emotions. In instances of action they'll usually center the focus point on the character's expression or action or some other magical force. It's used a lot in fanservice where the butt or breasts would be centered in the focus point. In other strong emotions it may follow a tear or be centered on the character's face.

Ignoring the focus point can make the feelings and emotions portrayed feel distant. It helps make the feelings pop out. Usually in wallpapers, pictures with logos, or pictures words to be expressed artists ignore it.

There's a lot space in your artwork, and for the first one it's very nice for the mysterious feeling, but the for the last it seems as though there's something missing.

And lastly the folds on the clothes are done very well, but on the last image, they might be giving off the wrong texture of the kind of hoodie he's wearing. Fixing this could just be a matter of mimicking the folds on a hoodie in a photo to see how the folds should feel more smooth and loose.

thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! I'll make sure to try to fix the things you pointed out for my future drawings :)