April 17, 2024, 11:08:24 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Best Video Game You Ever Played?  (Read 17862 times)

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
Best Video Game You Ever Played?
« on: July 08, 2014, 06:07:56 AM »
I'm gonna go with Elder Scrolls Oblivion, nothing offered me more of an escape than that. Pokemon and Dragonball Z games come after that.

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
Re: Best Video Game You Ever Played?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 06:59:38 AM »
Hmmm this is tough...

For all out timeless classic I'd say Timesplitters 2 or 3... they had a lot of flaws but they had fun, imaginative stories and great multiplayer.

Excluding pokemon I'd say i've sunk most hours into Skyrim, which I think is better than Oblivion but probably for the wrong reasons (I played Skyrim first...). I wish I could say Assassin's creed but it doesn't have the replayability... Or monster Hunter but I was never very good at it so couldn't get very far...

Then there are all the nintendo console games... TWEWY is one of my favourites on the DS, but I don't think the DS will ever bring about the best game I have ever played because the console itself is outdone in so many ways... and Super smash bros, Mario Kart and Mario Strikers/smash football are great games to play with friends but their story is just not there...

PC strategy games were great too, but I never got into their stories and preferred sandbox-style modes... and for me story driven games are the best.

I think that if I get a PS4, games like Destiny, AC: Unity, Infamous Second son and The Division will maybe change my mind, but for now i'm gonna go with Timesplitters 3.

Offline Maihime

• Shadow~Dancer
  • #F0reverAl0ne...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 07:10:55 AM »
It's between p0kem0n and C0D4 and C0D5
#Imperfection is ×beauty×        ~~~ Madness ~~~ is GENIUS!        And being absolutely RiDiCuLoUs is way >>>>>>> better than being boring...

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 08:32:20 AM »
-
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 08:30:40 PM by Manimal Claus »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 08:49:18 AM »
Halo.

That was just a phenomenal game for me. I don't know about that rip-off with master chief in a poncho, but I know Halo was good.

Offline GingerStark

• Social & Political Scientist
  • There is no single truth, only contingent theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 09:14:33 AM »
Star Wars KOTOR made up a large chunk of my childhood and was extremely replayable! Although TellTale's the Walking Dead has to do it for me, I think that game is a crowning achievement in the video game industry  :thumbsup:

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 09:19:03 AM »
@NO1SEY: I started out with oblivion so that's why I liked it more, it also had more to it, but skyrim is obviously better :P

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 09:20:10 AM »
^ That's fair enough, It's my fault anyway for playing the games in the wrong order since Morrowind...

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 09:38:14 AM »
Walkind Dead is indeed a crowning achievement.

Ah, I forgot to give my disclaimer that I never actually have a best of anything, but yeah Halo is up there.

I keep on hearing good things about SWOKOTOR, I really want to play it.

I suspect that my greatest games are always going to be in the retro one. Even the ones I haven't played. The feel was just that much better with those...

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 10:05:35 AM »
The Sonic Games on the Sega Mega Drive and master system were really the first games I played, them  and Streets of Rage with my brothers!

Pokemon Blue was another big one from my childhood.

FIFA, COD: MW3 and Black OPS 2 are probably the games I've sunk the most hours into over the past 5 years.

But overall, the best game I've ever played was Final Fantasy VII, without question!

Offline cheeku1999

• Bankai!
  • Proffesor Gintoki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 10:22:38 AM »
Earth bound, chrono trigger, pokemon (series) and jump star vs....

These days I play a hell lot of dota 2 so its a good mention
"Believe in you, not in the me who believes in you; not in the you that believes in me. You should believe... believe in yourself!"
- kamina

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 10:29:48 AM »
KOTOR

no further comments required.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 10:41:06 AM »
Chrono trigger oh man... My cousin broke that game before we had a chance to play it. Never got a chance since.

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 10:48:56 AM »
Metroid friggin' Fusion

Offline Syntax

• Starving Artist
  • My cardboard box is nice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 11:07:14 AM »
Well, I've been a lifelong gamer, so this is actually really hard to answer. There are so many fantastic games to choose from.

If I'm going for classics, games that redefined genres and forged the future of games, I have to say Super Metroid or Chrono Trigger. Both fabulous, both masterpieces. I loved them both, and Super Metroid made up a large chunk of my gaming childhood.

For pure nostalgia, I'm going with KOTOR or Ocarina of Time. So many hours sunk into both of those games.

Now, I'm a big believer in the idea that games continuously improve with the years. There will always be classics, games that blazed the trail and set in stone the path for the future, but they simply fall behind over the years in terms of technical achievement, production values, and the ever expanding role video games play in the world of art. If I take all of that into consideration, I have to say The Last of Us. It's a true masterclass, a tour de force of narrative and emotional depth. Never has a video game told such a gripping, unflinchingly human tale. And the gameplay, graphics, and artistry are nothing to scoff at either. It's fantastic game in every sense of the word. No game has ever made me feel the way The Last of Us did. I had fun playing it, but there was an ever-present gnawing in my stomach, an uncomfortable nagging reminding me of the heavy emotional toll the game takes on its players. At some points, my hands literally trembled. And at the end, I was speechless, something never happens to me after I beat a game.