April 18, 2024, 11:11:16 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Your Top Ten Anime  (Read 14500 times)

Offline Miska

• View Profile
Re: Your Top Ten Anime
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2016, 08:29:30 AM »
My top ten includes (not on order):
Shingeki no Kyojin
Enjoyed it very much, and i loved the ost.

Hellsing Ultimate
At times i was annoyed by poorly animated/unrealistic blood (and the amount of it), but i really enjoyed watching this. I also liked the art.

Durarara!!
Loved the characters and how everyone and everything is connected to each other.

Death Note
Loved this anime. It was the first one i watched from episode 1 till the end.

Naruto
Definitely not the greatest anime out there, but i have to include it on my list. Naruto got me into anime and manga, and even though i hated a lot of things about it, it also made me cry and laugh out loud.

Kuroko no Basuke
I'm not into sports anime, but KnB was really entertaining.

Arslan Senki
Loved war/politics on this, but characters felt a bit flat. Hopefully second season will fix this.
+
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Steins; Gate
Silver Fang

I'd love to watch more anime, but i can't find time for that. Most of the series i've watched are (in my opinion) average at most. I still haven't found anything i'd love enough to say that it's the greatest one for me.

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2017, 05:57:18 PM »
my top 10 mostly i think.....

1.jojo  started watching it for the comedy  got completly surprised... 
2. girls und panzer.             the only anime i got figurines of.
3. fate/stay night + zero   its so good
4. detroid metal city    great comedy
5. d-frag                     also great comedy i am stil waiting for the next chapter of the manga
6. cromartie high school   for comedy reasons.
7. prison school                  didnt get much sleep that night its so freaking funny. (the dub is recommended)
8. to be hero                 an great short anime with good comedy and an surprisingly good story. watch it
9. deathnote                for getting me into anime. almost kicked me out of anime as well.
10. space dandy             an surprisingly good story.
11. blood blockade battlefront      great opening song. this anime is an masterpiece.
lets add movie's as well
1.fate/stay night unlimeted blade works movie for keeping me interested into anime.
2. patema inverted              the real number 1.
3. the first fist of the north star movie (remake)
4. girls und panzer der film.              .......karl.......
5. 5 centimeters per second              it made me cry!!!
6. redline                                            art and animation!!!
7.hetalia paint it white.                     i cant look at maps anymore.
8. the empire of corpses                  love the bond between Friday and watson.
9 The Girl Who Leapt Through Time   stop making me cry!!
10. captain harlock                          proves cgi movies can be awsome too.

Honorable mentions    attack on titan- awsome ost kabeneri of the iron fortress-also awsome ost and art.
kiznaiver- very underrated.   arslan senki- its more then an simple war story.  drifters. gabriel dropout-comedy. god eater-an okey story with some great moments.
movie's
the neon evangalion remake's   final fantasy kingsglaive.  your name. 

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2017, 06:23:53 PM »
You have D-Frag in your top 10. You are a top 10 human being.

Ha ha, that show was awesome, the manga as well. It's got good comedy and the side characters make it all amazing. Great choices, Redline! Near 10/10 for me, the animation is beyond God level.

If I was to think, no sentiment or emotional attachment, just raw quality, the ten best anime I've seen are...

#1 Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
#2 K-ON!
#3. White Album 2
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Clannad After Story
Hajime no Ippo
Nana
Madoka Magica
Steins;Gate
Panty & Stocking

But my top 10 is a little different, in fact I did my top 60 list here! Not the best order but regardless...
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,17531.0.html

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 06:27:02 PM by Manimal »

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2017, 05:29:59 PM »
Here is my top 10. It's very difficult for me to grade them because I like them a lot. Some are oldies, some are recent. They are my favorite, against all odds!

Fullmetal Alchemist (season 1). One of the few anime that truly echoed to me. I really felt close to Edward Elric in his character, his pain and struggles. The design, the music, the scenario: It's still perfect in my eyes even now. Do not nianiania about Brotherhood: I prefer the season 1 again and again.

Cowboy Bebop: a MUST WATCH. GO BUY IT!!! Everything is still awesome, even today.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: the anime bible. GO BUY IT!

Wolf's rain: the feels! Strayyyy! Straayyyyy! Heaven's no enough...

Samourai  champloo: A gold treasure full of secret details you don't notice at first sight. The music is awesome!

Ghost in a Shell: the movie is awesome, the series are incredible. So many philosophical questions are unveiled in every episode: what is a feeling? what is humanity? what means being human?

Attack on titans: a must watch.

Gundam Wing: I know, it's not the ultimate mecha anime. BUT it's what got me into anime, back when I was 15 years old. 17 years later,  I'm still an avid fanfic reader of that anime, bought the collector dvd box last year. I coul probably sing the opening from memory even today. I would roll on the ground if I ever met a GW cosplayer.

Fruits Basket: I don't know if you know or remember that one. It's the adaptation of the manga.
I love the heartwarming feeling of this anime No superhero, no mega power, no ultra battle: it's just the power of gentle hearts. It may not be the ultra best animation nowadays, but It still remains a little treasure.

Yuri On ice: that one got me BACK into anime after years away from it. I love the realistic treatment of the characters, the struggles of anxiety attacks, the slow birth of a love story which is for once not full of stupid niania crap love stories  and sex scenes everywhere. Yesn there is some fan service but the love story is realistic and heartwarming. This anime feels like a cocoon that warms your heart.

Offline S8N

• Overseer of Hell
  • Author/Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2017, 05:47:16 PM »
Steins;Gate

Assassination Classroom

Akame Ga Kill

Gurren Lagann

Gate

Death Note

NGNL

Log Horizon

Owari no Seraph (Seraph of the End) <<Waifu is here

FMAB

List complete :D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 05:49:00 PM by S8N »
~~~
S8N

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2017, 06:19:28 PM »
Here's my top 10 in no particular order... I've been out of touch with anime until just recently so getting back into it I felt like this thread was a great way to check out stuff other people liked and maybe give you guys some alternative anime you may not have checked out yet. I have a LOT more I want to include in my top 10 but I tried to avoid doubling up on anything that's already been said before.

1. Kino's Journey
One of the first shows I've watched, it really helped me through a tough time in life. The serene sense of peace and reflection this show invokes is reminscent of Mushishi for anyone who has seen it but there is something really special about the way Kino's Journey handles human ugliness and beauty. The TV show is flawed in a number of ways but its always going to be a special show to me.

2. Re: Creators
A more recent show, this was the show that got me back into the swing of things with anime. I really, really like this show, but it certainly isn't for everyone. As a creator/artist/writer, this show hit me in all the right areas, it was really something I could directly relate to and I think because of that I see something in it that some other people may not be able to see themselves. If you are an avid creator like myself, I highly recommend giving Re:Creators a chance. The characters in this show (for the most part) are all written excellently and the interactions are quite "real" to me. Also Hiroyuki Sawano soundtrack.

3. Keijo!!!
Ok, hear me out on this one. I'm not normally into shows like this because I'm a total hipster but I had to give a shout out to this little gem. Keijo is ridiculous, its stupid and borderline exploitative BUT there is actually something of substance here believe it or not. People give this show a really bad rep (for good reason) but I personally have not had as much fun with an anime as I did with Keijo. It's absurd, its ridiculous, it's completely aware of that and I think because of that it comes off as a really fun show to me. I recommend keeping an open mind when checking out Keijo and you might just find something in it you didn't expect.

4. K-ON
There isn't enough I can say about this show. In the west, I think K-ON has been unjustly labeled as just another "moe" show by some people. I can't stress how wrong they are. Your mileage will vary a lot with this show but it is one of the most popular and enduring anime shows in Japan for a very good reason. There is a lot going on in K-ON that may not be readily apparent but if you haven't seen K-ON before or given it a fair shot, I highly recommend coming into it with an open mind and see if it sucks you into it's world like it did to me.

5. Kill la Kill
I love Studio Trigger and particularly Imaishi's works. I could list every Trigger show here as a recommendation but I'm gonna stick with the one that made the biggest impact for me. Kill la Kill is a show that doesn't pull any punches. It has an identity, it has an ethos and it sticks with it whether or not you like it. I can appreciate that brazen attitude and youthful recklessness that this show oozes. It's emotional, it's smart, and it wears it's themes with pride. Once again, you will have to keep an open mind about it but whether you're checking this show out for dumb fun or for something emotional and a little deeper, you'll find it all here. Can't recommend this one enough.

6. Kara no Kyoukai
Once again, like Studio Trigger, UFOTable is my other favorite animation studio. They worked on the phenomenal Fate series, particularly Fate/Zero and Unlimited Blade Works but perhaps you haven't heard of one of their lesser known works. Kara no Kyoukai is confusing and feels like Kinoko Nasu wrote it's story entirely in a stream of consciousness style. There is something that is still incredibly interesting about the world and characters that he created, even if his writing isn't always on point. Kara no Kyoukai is also helped a lot by it's Yuki Kajiura sound track. There are 7 movies in total, so it might as well be an anime  ;)

7.Shimoneta
Legit one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. It's super smart despite it's subject matter and appearance and this show literally only exists to criticize one of the most confusing aspects of Japanese culture. Shimoneta is an insanely good time, especially if you are familiar at all with Japanese culture. Shimoneta is raunchy, hilarious, and is addressing a very important issue for Japan going into the future, even if it's only doing it for comedy.

8. Nichijou
I love this show. I love every part of it. It is the 4koma absurdist humor done in the best way imaginable. The animation is top notch, the characters are endearing, the skits are hilarious. I have literally nothing bad to say about this show. Whenever I feel down, or I've had a bad day, I've been known to just kick back and watch and episode of Nichijou. It has never failed to pull me out of a slump.

9. Jormungand/Black Lagoon
I'm putting these shows together because they are similar (but very different as well). Black Lagoon was one of the first anime I've ever watched, so despite it's issues its always going to be one of my favorite shows. I have yet to see a character as bad ass as Balalaika. Jormungand is in a similar vein but it's a little bit more fun of a show.

10. Danna ga Nani wo Ittieru ka Wakaranei Ken
This one is up here only because my relationship with my wife is like this. We both loved this show and it hit home for us on more than one occasion. It's one of those anime shorts so it isn't a full show or anything but I loved it.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2017, 07:03:25 PM »
3. Keijo!!!
Ok, hear me out on this one. I'm not normally into shows like this because I'm a total hipster but I had to give a shout out to this little gem. Keijo is ridiculous, its stupid and borderline exploitative BUT there is actually something of substance here believe it or not. People give this show a really bad rep (for good reason) but I personally have not had as much fun with an anime as I did with Keijo. It's absurd, its ridiculous, it's completely aware of that and I think because of that it comes off as a really fun show to me. I recommend keeping an open mind when checking out Keijo and you might just find something in it you didn't expect.

4. K-ON
There isn't enough I can say about this show. In the west, I think K-ON has been unjustly labeled as just another "moe" show by some people. I can't stress how wrong they are. Your mileage will vary a lot with this show but it is one of the most popular and enduring anime shows in Japan for a very good reason. There is a lot going on in K-ON that may not be readily apparent but if you haven't seen K-ON before or given it a fair shot, I highly recommend coming into it with an open mind and see if it sucks you into it's world like it did to me.

My tears they flow.

Keijio was great, it did everything so well by creating a world of silliness where everything is dead serious. Instead of being a silly ecchi with big floppy baps and bops, it's instead something way more interesting. No generic MC male lead to ruin things or nose bleed, no one to bring shame to anything, just outrageous butt to butt action. It was really something, oh man the moves...what a show.

K-On! I've said so much about, I don't feel like going off in a big thing about it now, see that in the anime watching thread I'm doing my third rewacth now ha ha, and as my OP is not updated it would be #4 on my list also. It's my most loved anime as a whole. K-On! and Love Live are the anime franchises I care for most. Actually now I updated my OP but I will make it look nice later.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:05:44 PM by Manimal »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2017, 07:19:22 PM »
I coul probably sing the opening from memory even today. I would roll on the ground if I ever met a GW cosplayer.
JUST WILD BEAT, COMMUNICATION---
2. I've actually thought about cosplaying Lieutenant Noin for years. Recently, since I've dabbled with drag and the like, I've thought also about crossplaying Quatre.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2017, 07:37:53 PM »

9. Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne. Welp, I already mentioned women and immortality shtick. This show just treats the idea of constantly dying becoming normal so...well. I can't explain it without another vampire post, but essentially despite the show having plenty of plotholes and flaws that I recognize, it's just one of those things that I can't help but love. I think if I had to sit down and pin why exactly that is, it'd be because it takes this character, in all her bad situations, and shows you how she overcame it all in her search for some internal peace, and I sympathize so much with Rin for that.

Lmao, I legit thought I was the only one that actually liked that show. Daughters of Mnemosyne was definitely flawed in so many ways, but Rin was an awesome character. I also have to confess, Rin and Mimi are probably one of my favorite couples in anime.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2017, 08:04:54 PM »
Haha, I feel you so hard. Most people I talk to have never even heard of it. I got used to that treatment though.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2017, 08:18:50 PM »
W T F GUYS  nobody mentioned anime i like........

WHERE IS SUZUMIYA
WHERE IS SCHOOL RUMBLE
WHERE IS FULL METAL FUMOFFU
WHERE IS SUMMER WARS
WHERE IS Spirited Away
WHERE IS "YOUR NAME"
WHERE IS Princess Mononoke
WHERE IS Grave of the Fireflies
WHERE IS DC DACAPO
WHERE IS SHUFFLE
WHERE IS SCHOOL DAYS
.. and a lot more....

COME ON MANNNNNNNN
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:20:31 PM by Shane »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2017, 08:22:47 PM »
Bra I have Full Metal Panic on my list that counts the whole series.

Also School Rumble would be in my top 20 or so, I did enjoy that show a whole lot.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2017, 08:53:34 PM »
Isn't Spirited Away a film as opposed to an anime?
Haha signature go brr.

Offline S8N

• Overseer of Hell
  • Author/Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2017, 09:01:49 PM »
The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi was good :3

but the anime trolled us with like 7 repeat episodes </3
~~~
S8N

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2017, 05:33:38 AM »
I coul probably sing the opening from memory even today. I would roll on the ground if I ever met a GW cosplayer.
JUST WILD BEAT, COMMUNICATION---
2. I've actually thought about cosplaying Lieutenant Noin for years. Recently, since I've dabbled with drag and the like, I've thought also about crossplaying Quatre.

- - - ame ni utare nagara!    :sheep: ;D :dance: :thumbsup:
It's great to meet another GW fan! Noin is a great character! If I had to cosplay one of the space boys, I'd choose Duo Maxwell. Shiniganiiiiii!

Fullmetal Fumoffu (and the other Fullmetal series): I like them a  lot but they are probably in my top 20. I love Kaname's explosions, probably because they remind me of mine.  8)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 06:25:10 AM by Corycaly »