5. White Album 2
6. Shakugan no Shana
7. Neon Genesis Evangelion
8. Dragon Ball Z
9. Hajime no Ippo
10. Nana

hikari:
10. Bakuman
total brilliance. I placed it at 10th because although I really enjoyed it, the ending was heavily rushed
9. D Grayman
really enjoyed it but again, the ending couod have been better
8. Naruto
both seasons. Naruto has its ups and downs but when its at its best you can really tell
7. Fairy Tail
not really the best show, but I really enjoy watching this and love the characters
6. Ano Hana
I would say, the saddest anime ever... more so than Clannad. The pacing was slightly off though
5. Katekyo Hitman Reborn
when the shounen part started, it was phenomenal
4. Sword Art Online
me = fanboy
3. Btooom
I thought that the shows premise were amazing and the characters were well developed, speaking of well developed... btoooms only fault in my eyes is the fanservice of Himiko
2. Magi
little bit of a slow start but once it kicks off it is pure awesome
1. Kuroko No Basuke
Fell in love with this series as soon as I saw the first episode. The comedy is hilarious, and the matches are jaw droppers. Prette0y much, the only problem is that they cry a lot

Honorable mentions (15-11):
15. Haganai
14. Shingeki no Kyojin
13. To Love Ru
12. Death Note
11. Fate Zero

NO1SY:
^ Problem with D. Gray-man is that the manga source material stopped without ending properly too...

My anime watching is kind of odd and highly influenced by my manga reading (often I won't be able to watch/finish an anime based on a manga I have read) So I think my list will probably miss out a lot of the series quite popular with other people because of this...

Honourable mentions:
A LOT... Basilisk, Black Cat, Darker than Black (S1 only), Eyeshield 21, Fate/Zero, Getbackers, Hamatora, K, Kingdom, Noragami, Persona 4, Psycho Pass, Roruoni Kenshin, Shingeki No Kyojin, Tiger & Bunny, Tsuritama.

10: Durarara!
- I love the characters in this show, and while it pissed me off to no end that they just wouldn't talk to one another, the air of mystery was great and there was a lot of enjoyment to be had from a neat little idea. Looking forward to season 2 due soon.

9: Zetsuen No Tempest
- I started the manga before this and read it on and off, but the show had me hooked. Loved the animation quality and the characters and the mystery, despite the weird choice in enemy...

8: Trigun (+ Badlands Rumble Movie)
- I love the premise of Trigun - Vash 'The Stampede', the most wanted criminal on the planet with a $$60bn bounty on his head... yet he is a pacifist! Being an older anime it has dropped off the radar recently, but it's a great watch (despite ending slightly differently to the Manga) and aims for a grand scale towards the end without ever getting too big for it's boots.

7: Jormungand
- This was such a good watch for me, I liked the perspective it took in how it told it's narrative and in a world saturated in films and shows about people firing guns, it was interesting to see something about the actual dealing in anime (since watching the film Lord of War). Very character driven and I like the "It's good to be bad (but good)" direction they took.

6: Magi
- Had a lot of fun with this one, it filled the hole left by Hunter X Hunter when the manga was on break (and waiting weekly for a new one piece chapter with them being stuck on an island) and then made it overflow with the sheer amount of adventure and coolness! I felt the characters kinda started getting a bit unnecessarily OP towards the end of season 2, a lot of fun fights could have been smaller scale showing off cool magic, but it was still really fun.

5: Steins;Gate
- Much slower paced than the usual series I am into, but I loved the mystery and the intrigue. The romance I could take or leave but it didn't get in the way of a great story and even got to me at the end. Plus it's awesome to see a series about scientific theory!

4: Code Geass
- What an emotional roller-coaster this show is... I don't know how much enjoyment I got out of it as much as feeling every other emotion under the sun... So I guess thats good??? It's a very well done story though and although I disliked the art style and the mechs, and I got pissed off a lot again that no one talked to one another!!!, I just cannot dismiss the impression that the show left on me.

3: Kuroko No Basket
- Can't sing this show's praises highly enough. Got me into sporting animes, characters I care about, tense moments and great animation. Yes it can take them half a series to finish one match, but if they didn't I think I'd feel there was something missing. It's a great gateway sports anime and a great anime in general.

2: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
- NO1SEY!? What are you doing? Why is your favourite Shounen not at number 1!? well... yeah... I completely forgave KHRs slow start (all 1 and a half arcs of it) when the action kicked in, and I absolutely fell in love with it. I would argue that you almost get as much "bang for your buck" as you do in the same amount of One Piece (manga). The Anime follows the manga closely, with no filler from what I can remember, and this story takes you everywhere - you have mafia(ish...), you have weapons, you have superpowers, you have gang rivalries, you have time travel and you have KICK ASS BABIES! I just wish that it had stuck with it until the end of the manga, because the anime just... ends...

1: Baccano!
- This to me just ticked all the boxes for what I was looking for in an anime. It's not too long so it's easy to watch. It has action that is well animated and bloody and cool. It has mystery, that is well presented in the way the story is told and is well explained little by little without ever giving too much away throughout. It has a great cast of characters and each have great stories that tie together nicely. The show can get a bit disorientating at times but everything makes sense when you reach the end. I just loved the story, the way it was told and the time period and aesthetic. Go watch it!

50 Words for Paipis:
Keeping it to series:

10. Baccano!
9. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
8. Steins;Gate
7. Dennou Coil
6. FLCL
5. Kure-nai
4. Mawaru Penguindrum
3. Death Note
2. Monster
1. Mushishi

Will probably change a bit over the next year.

Vacant:
Well, Sticking to just Anime Series (excluding the obvious that aired when I was a child. DBZ, Pokemon etc.), my list would go something like this. I'll also put whether I watched the Subbed or Dubbed version and which I preferred.

Honourable Mentions:
Another, Fairy Tail, FMA: Brotherhood, Gantz, Guilty Crown, Ore No Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy

10. Baka and Test (DUB): Didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did, since I don't typically like the over the top slapstick kind of Animes. But It ended up being pretty fun to watch. Perfect after a long day at work to just crash onto the couch and flick on.

9. Naruto (BOTH): I've fell of the Naruto train and have stopped watching the anime nowadays, but I can't deny there was a lot of emotional moments and innovative battle scenes I have fond memories of in the Show. I preferred the Dubbed Version of both Shippuden and the Original Naruto.

8. Attack On Titan (SUB): Gave a real sense of peril and danger which made you worry about the cast. I enjoyed it.

7. Sword Art Online (BOTH): An Elitist may scoff at this choice, but I happened to enjoy Sword Art Online. I caught the show about 6 months after it had aired and liked it. I enjoyed the "Trapped in a video game" premise and old simple but effective love story. It's not perfect but I liked it. I think I enjoyed the Subbed Version better than the Dub, although the Dub's not bad. 

6. Black Lagoon (DUB): The Badassery is strong with this one! It's like an action movie that got adapted into an Anime. Lots of Guns, beer and colorful language, can't go wrong there. But please watch the Dubbed version, it's infinitely better.

5. Death Note (DUB): The plot is written brilliantly. Light and L's Psychological battle is the highlight of the series. I also really enjoyed L's character, such as his speech pattern and mannerisms.

4. Mirai Nikki (BOTH): A twisted and dark plot that was really good. It was a creative Premise and delivered on the twists, especially the relationship between Yuno and Yukimaru. Could she be trusted or would she end up trying to murder him? It was something that kept me guessing till the end. The Subbed versions better, since Yuno is more hysterical and insane in that version.

3. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (DUB): Again, I came a bit late for the Haruhi Hype train and ended up watching it almost accidently. But I was hooked after the first episode. I loved the set up and Kyon's internal Monologue, perhaps since it reminded me of myself and how much similar I sound in my own head. Enjoyed all the main cast and wished there was more. This anime made me go and buy all the novels. There was just something about it that connected with me.

2. Code Geass (DUB): An incredibly close second. To me its a masterpiece. I cared deeply for the characters, the plot was a work of Art. The battles were intense, Zero/Lelouch's grand Speeches were immense. I loved every second of it.

1. Bleach (BOTH): The First Anime show I've ever watched (except mainstream stuff like Beyblade, Pokemon, DBZ etc. but I  don't count them really). It was my gateway into the world of Anime, so it will always be special to me. So many Characters I was invested in, the Villians were a real threat. It wasn't too corny when it came to Ichigo being the hero. The Zanpakuto were a cool concept and the Battles were awesome too. The art and designs for the Characters were always interesting, it was a show I  cared about a lot. It even inspired me to start writing for Manga. I liked the Dubbed version of Bleach better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version