April 16, 2024, 01:37:06 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Mahlua's Lair of Drawings n' Stuff  (Read 98184 times)

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
Re: Mahlua's Lair of Drawings n' Stuff
« Reply #480 on: July 05, 2019, 08:52:21 AM »
Cool designs!

Facebook       Patreon

Offline TK-Seki

• Sleep-Deprived Multitasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 09, 2019, 07:22:53 AM »
I'm liking all your sketches and the fanarts you're doing, too! The figures and poses, in particular are my favorite (am a fan of dynamic stuff). ^___^)/ Keep it up, Mahlua!

:: =What should today's sketch be?= ::
personal projects: Ayakashi Refrain (webtoon)/ Countdown 50 (WN)/ Okazemadoushi-sama, Ganbatte! (WN) || commished manga: 3 || webtoons: 2 || VN: 1 || LN: 1 (art) || Misc: 5 || Commissions pending: 3

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 26, 2019, 08:57:24 AM »
nice sketches, keep it up!
these ones I really liked
Spoiler

Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 26, 2019, 09:09:19 AM »
Yeah. I keep on thinking I'd like to have those as stickers

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 12, 2021, 07:55:30 AM »
Bluh bluh, I know it's been over 565 days, you don't have to yell at me, red text post >:/

Anyway, I'll probably be uploading my recent stuff in brief chunks because my phone space likes to be an issue, and also I'm def going to need to take breaks between sets. First set is gonna be some snapshots from my recent fun with drawabox.

Spoilered Because
Long Post

« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 08:42:08 AM by MahluaandMilk »
Haha signature go brr.

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 13, 2021, 04:00:20 AM »
ahaha I remember getting the 565 warning on my own art thread too, back in the day :P

great set of sketches. Those cubes and circles are totally useful exercises to do to get used to form and space!

also great to hear you did the 250 box challenge!
doing large sets of challenges like that really help to level up your art.

keep it up!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 04:03:15 AM by Suuper-san »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 17, 2021, 09:46:34 PM »
Here we go. I had a few pages of sketches lined up across a couple of different sketchbooks. Forgive the atrocious lighting in my bedroom; I'm doing my best, I promise :push:

Spoiler

I started drawing this little guy as like a "drawing by shapes instead of form" experiment and I think it's been going pretty well. I've worried that he might look a twinge like some racist caricature, but that was never my intention.
I wish I had a name for him.
I'm open to suggestions?

Oh yeah, and the little card I keep putting in front of things is because I'm a middle schooler at heart who will scribble phallic imagery when I'm braindead doodling.

Spoiler
And yeah that's a Rose Strider homestuck kidswap whatever, and a friend of mine in a Discord server I mod got us all on board with making breadsonas or whatever and I was kin assigned grilled cheese on raisin toast?? IDK.

Spoiler
And this was because I rediscovered some of my old drawings of these OCs and found out that those drawings were over ten years old!! So I decided to do a little redraw of them to bring them back to life.

So yeah that's just about enough to get you all more caught up for where I am. I wish imgur would give me an option to increase the brightness on these but alas...I hope it shows up all right on everyone else's screens. It looks okay on mine, even though it's currently in filtered light/night mode, so it should be fine. Hopefully. Maybe. Perhaps...
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 18, 2021, 03:05:42 PM »
Glad to see some characters again Mahlua! The cubes are useful of course, but not very interesting to the layman artist such as myself, lol

No kidding about that light. Is your local library back up and running? They might have a scanner. I wish I'd known you were in need of one a month ago when I donated mine to the local thrift store.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 18, 2021, 04:15:37 PM »
Yeah, something that my fiance and I will be saving up for when we move is a little printer/scanner combo because they're also an artist. But, where we're at right now, there isn't a lot of space. And, besides, moving will be a little difficult as it is because the place we're moving has no tenant parking (it's above some stores and a bar on a busy university street, so it makes sense, but it's no less annoying).
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 21, 2021, 07:27:58 PM »
Nice collection of sketchbook sketches c:
Great emotion going there in your little experimental guy. Makes the face interesting to look at.
Also liking the poses in the last two!
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline nothuman

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 23, 2021, 05:06:24 PM »
I really love those character drawings! I can definitely see how you're constructing those character to give them more volume and form. Very reminiscent of Vilppu, really digging them. Especially feeling the elf-dude and his expressions oozing with personality!

Offline KatDeMilo

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 23, 2021, 08:43:25 PM »
Oh these are pretty cool drawings :) keep it up!
MissKatMilo

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 24, 2021, 02:14:41 AM »
I really love those character drawings! I can definitely see how you're constructing those character to give them more volume and form. Very reminiscent of Vilppu, really digging them. Especially feeling the elf-dude and his expressions oozing with personality!

I'm glad to see that everyone seems to be liking my funky lil dude, but yeah, you're right. I did start out with some Vilppu and Loomis stuff when I was trying to expand my horizons. There are a few other things that have inspired me recently, so I'm surprised that my foundation is still showing through. You have a good eye, man. (Or perhaps I'm just that transparent, lol)
Haha signature go brr.

Offline nothuman

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 24, 2021, 04:37:35 AM »

I'm glad to see that everyone seems to be liking my funky lil dude, but yeah, you're right. I did start out with some Vilppu and Loomis stuff when I was trying to expand my horizons. There are a few other things that have inspired me recently, so I'm surprised that my foundation is still showing through. You have a good eye, man. (Or perhaps I'm just that transparent, lol)

Not transparent at all lol! I studied and continue to squeeze Vilpuu(and Loomis!) for my daily warm ups so I'm used to seeing nicely blocked out geometric forms in drawings. I can never get tired of seeing tightly constructed designs using shapes and forms!

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 03, 2021, 03:30:36 AM »
@Mahlua does your camera not have flash? I've taken photos in very poor light before but I've never managed to get ones as dark as that ahahaha
I guess sometimes the lighting does matter T_T
if you use the google photos app you can raise the lighting and contrast quite easily, as well as many other free apps. But for quite a few sketches I can understand it's a hassle if you didn't want to do that :P
hopefully you get the scanner you're after. My printer has a scanner built in which is super useful. So it's a coper/scanner/printer combo.

that's some lovely sketches, the poses are nice and dynamic, and a lot of nice character designs, especailly the coloured ones on the last image.
I love the doodles too, that's not only a useful technique to getting ideas but it's all good coordination practice.
keep it up :)