September 26, 2018, 03:01:34 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Mahlua's Lair of Drawings n' Stuff  (Read 19940 times)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: Mahlua's Lair of Drawings n' Stuff
« Reply #420 on: July 09, 2018, 05:28:10 AM »
That's literally what I do. I sketch in 2h and go over with a regular old HB2. I'm just incredibly light-handed. (In fact, my tablet sensitivity is almost at the highest it can be in order to differentiate my pressure and even function at all.) For some reason, it's always almost been physically painful for me to bare down hard on paper. Not because I'm hurt by it, but because I absolutely hate the feeling of making a deep scratch on the paper. I'm not sure where this distaste even comes from, but to get what I think you're wanting, I'd need about a 4b to outline, and unfortunately I'm out of varied graphite at the moment and only have my 2h because it was a gift from my art teacher in high school.

The other problem is that I do not currently have access to a functioning scanner. At all. No scanner. None. Just a phone camera that eats quality like I eat bad excuses for breakfast. :sure: Comin in hot with that self-degradation.

Seriously if you look close enough I promise you can almost see my 2h sketch lines where their legs are under the skirts and a general guideline for where the eyes fall on the face.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 05:30:17 AM by MahluaandMilk »

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 09, 2018, 07:42:36 AM »
ahhhh I see, yeah probably want to get used to pressing hard at some point. maybe keeping your pencils permanently sharp will get a darker line without pressing much harder.
maybe trying taking photos with flash? I use my rubbish phone camera for my traditional lately and its great, although I do draw in pen.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 09, 2018, 05:16:19 PM »
Nope. Can't do it. Feels gross. Plus the ridges it makes on the paper are a b*tch to erase and try to go over. Not worth it. Can't convince me.

Usually I try to keep flash off because it tends to render some of my lines invisible. Plus my phone camera just isn't good. I don't have one of those fancy HD cameras or whatever--I literally have the same phone I did in high school, before anyone started to gave a crap about posting their food on social media in high definition.

Offline suupertramp

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 09, 2018, 05:34:57 PM »
Plus the ridges it makes on the paper are a b*tch to erase and try to go over.
well you should only be pressing hard on your final lines, so no erasing should be necessary at that point, but i get what you mean.

perhaps i mean just pressing normal as opposed to light, like your writing pressure? even i dont like it when the paper deforms. i havent drawn in pencil for ages, maybe i should try my advice first!

Can't convince me.
fair enough :P

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 09, 2018, 06:08:14 PM »
I have to write in pen in order for other people to read it, bud, lmao. Like I said, I'm light-handed.
That said, I do have a multitude of pens and could easily do sketches and outlines in different colors, so that's an idea.

Offline suupertramp

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 09, 2018, 06:14:31 PM »
one advantage of pen is the constant reliable line thickness and no sharpening, but since most pens are permanent you can't erase, so it has its downsides.
indeed, maybe sketching in pen would suit you, since even pressing lightly will give a really light but thin ink line, and a little extra pressure will give a sharp crisp outline.
you can erase the pencil sketchlines afterwards too if you sketch in pencil but outline in ink which is cool, but i haven't done that in years :P
good idea, give it a shot :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 06:24:08 PM by suupertramp »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 12, 2018, 08:52:04 AM »
Oh look. Gestures and mileage. Good luck understanding literally anything that's happening. The overlap is real.

Is this
content?

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 12, 2018, 08:55:01 AM »
You'd be surprised, those are some pretty good figures there Mahlua, love the flow! Dem curves and figures. Really nicely done. Botom and one to the right (with hand on head) are my favourites.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 12, 2018, 10:01:35 AM »
Yeah I'll keep working on it. I hope to get out some more content today. I wasn't feeling too great yesterday, but maybe today will be better. Just gotta see if breakfast stays in my stomach.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 12, 2018, 12:15:52 PM »
Damn you're down with a bug or something? Everyone's getting sick atm it seems...

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 12, 2018, 02:08:22 PM »
It seemed like my body was trying to head that way, yeah, but I guess it cleared up or decided to bug off somewhere else. Either way, praise be to the gods for that. Breakfast successfully managed. Was worried about the tummy ache a bit, but must've just been because frozen food and onion taste. My body is convinced onions are poisonous.

Anyway, I do have a new piece of content, but my phone is going to be a bit because hardware issues and ah...(looks at sketchbook) yeah that's not getting posted here I'm going to Hell. (Update: that has been posted in its rightful rubbish bin.)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 02:55:37 PM by MahluaandMilk »

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 13, 2018, 08:21:11 AM »
Great variety on the poses

Facebook       Patreon

Offline suupertramp

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 22, 2018, 02:51:44 PM »
really nice flow on those poses. curves are good.
yeah I suffer from overlap in my own pieces as I think on the go, but not when copying as I can place the whole image mentally before I start.
and if its not content, I don't know what is :P

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 28, 2018, 09:10:34 PM »
Guess I'll upload this here since they're not super ecchi really. These are just character design finalizations for my story Reset. I haven't even written this far yet, so kinda spoilers for level four, but meh. I'm surprised I was able to draw anything at all today.

Reset spoilers
not that anyone really cares.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 09:32:50 PM by MahluaandMilk »

Offline suupertramp

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 29, 2018, 08:31:34 AM »
(requoting myself just for consistency)
nice characters. the chest and leg hair is really good on that guy, looks proper wispy and real. I've struggled to get hair like that when I draw. also I think your style is getting pretty decent