April 22, 2018, 12:49:41 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Mahlua's Lair of Drawings n' Stuff  (Read 12366 times)

Offline devola

• View Profile
Re: Mahlua's Lair of Drawings n' Stuff
« Reply #285 on: January 10, 2018, 05:56:16 AM »
Wooooo art! You gonna be doing a card for all the arcanas or just all your friends? Too bad you can't post those studies/practices here, because you did fantastic stuff today, keep it up!

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 10, 2018, 09:03:46 AM »
I think if its a 3/4 view shes showing a lot of her left legs and butt i think u did a great job on it  ;D

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 10, 2018, 01:46:12 PM »
@dev: I'm just going to be doing them for myself and my friends. I don't have nearly enough friends to even suit up just the major arcana. :sure:

Don't worry about the other practice. It got posted elsewhere.

@Killer B: Yeah, I tried sketching the same pose over and over until it almost started to look right, and then I transferred over to marker paper, which is quite unforgiving with erasing and pencil pressure. I could never get the pose to turn out how I wanted it to, so I eventually threw my hands up and said "Well, I need to get this piece done whether it looks fantastic or not."

Sometimes you learn more by just pushing through than scrutinizing every detail. Seeing it all together in the final piece helps me recognize what I can fix if I tried it again.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 10, 2018, 05:08:58 PM »
Christ, I'm over 2000 posts now. Guess I missed when that happened. Oh well.

And now, for something completely different: anthros. Or furries. Whatever you wanna call 'em.

I'm working on one of my characters and I started by just filling up a sketchbook page of drawing the faces of German Shepherds from photos on Google, and now I'm on the designing phases. What do you guys think--should I continue to post this kinda thing here, since there does seem to be an overlap with the anime/manga community and the furry community?

Bruce
Sketch ver

Bruce
Lineart
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 06:59:37 PM by MahluaandMilk »
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 10, 2018, 09:59:27 PM »
its ok to post furry stuff as long as its on the manga art gallery section haha its kinda cute hha u can draw a dog even i cant draw a dog hha

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 11, 2018, 12:31:02 AM »
Actually I found drawing dogs a little easier than drawing people? I think it's because with anthro characters you can get away with bending anatomy a little, like with digitigrade and unguligrade legs. Also I can cut corners with elbows and stuff by replacing with fur fluff. #Cheating

Anyway, da gud boi is finished now (even if some parts are a little lazily colored) :

HERE'S
BRUCEY
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 11, 2018, 01:16:47 AM »
Good work :thumbsup:

Not all anthros furry
Spoiler

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 11, 2018, 01:23:35 AM »
You just got checked!!!

To be honest, i call dragons furries. Maybe I need to talk to my HR rep.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 11, 2018, 02:44:14 AM »
Technically dragons and such fall under the "scaley" category, which is just a subcategory of furry.

@Kean: still a cat, therefore still an anthropomorphized animal, therefore still under the furry umbrella. (Double pistols and a wink).

But then again the definition I go by for furry is "Any character that is an anthropomorphized animal." Some people make fursuits for bone creatures, and they still fall under the umbrella as well. Those tend to look badass, actually.
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Fronomenal

• MR's Resident Drifter
  • Looking for a place to stay...
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 11, 2018, 10:08:09 AM »
Could never really get into the furry genre. Not that I dislike like it or anything of course.

But good art is good art and Brucey looks pretty good. I'm really feeling his style with the blue and black he got going on. Good stuff!

Offline geassstudio

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 11, 2018, 11:05:47 AM »
I can totally sense of hint of Kingdom Hearts with those Sora like pants lol but good work with Brucey. As far as constructive feedback goes, I think it would look even nicer to lighten up the dark brown splotches on his fur to ensure the line art doesn't get lost cause I really do love the ink work.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 11, 2018, 04:23:29 PM »
@Fro: Yeah, a bit of a funny story. My friends and I were joking about my drag persona, and I jokingly said "So would that make his fursona a dog?"--and then it took off from there. That outfit is actually pretty similar to the one I originally performed in. Only thing that's missing is the cyberpunk goggles.

@Geass: Whup, values got me again. I should really probably actually check that kinda stuff by overlaying with greyscale when I put together color palettes...As for the Kingdom Hearts feel, it would make sense considering I've been trying to work on a Kingdom Hearts cosplay show (until Union Cross fudged the timeline and screwed everything up and we had to basically rewrite the rest of the script to accommodate) for a couple of years now. But, also, as I said, I actually own a pair of pants that are similar to that design. This model, (the same ones that I mentioned being the ones I performed in for a drag show) to be exact:

Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 14, 2018, 04:22:02 PM »
Brucey's fashion sense is too damn strong dammit.

I'm more partial to cats, but good stuff Mahlua, good stuff. Love the colouring too! You've really done a jump here, taking things in your own direction. Props.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 14, 2018, 04:29:54 PM »
Well, if you like cats, you might be more partial to the hybrid character I'm working on at the moment. There's some about this linework that was confusing and may need some alteration, but come to find out I'm the only weirdo who can stand with my shoulders and hips doing that and be comfortable. Her face still kinda bothers me and I'm hoping once I get her colors in it will make more sense.

She's a tigerfox with a bit of reptile in her. She doesn't know what her dad was, exactly, but her spine starting from the crook in the back of the neck all the way down her tail gave her nice scales. I'll be showing in rear view how that works on the extra canvas space that was cropped away for this.

Enter
Octavia
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline OviumNoir

• Power comes in response to a need, not a desire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 14, 2018, 04:36:12 PM »
Well, if you like cats, you might be more partial to the hybrid character I'm working on at the moment. There's some about this linework that was confusing and may need some alteration, but come to find out I'm the only weirdo who can stand with my shoulders and hips doing that and be comfortable. Her face still kinda bothers me and I'm hoping once I get her colors in it will make more sense.

She's a tigerfox with a bit of reptile in her. She doesn't know what her dad was, exactly, but her spine starting from the crook in the back of the neck all the way down her tail gave her nice scales. I'll be showing in rear view how that works on the extra canvas space that was cropped away for this.

Enter
Octavia

I'm genuinely interested, when it comes to drawing anthropomorphic characters, or just animals in general, where does one learn/get reference from, how long did it take you to grasp, is it easier than drawing humans?

Another question, you like your rough sketches before the sharpened drawing, do you not prefer to do sharper sketches or you feel confident enough to do final inking without much aid - (your way I admire more than mine, so I mean well ! :) Love your work)

I have things to learn from your work. I'll continue waiting for more posts
When you TALK, you are only repeating what you already know - but if you LISTEN, you may learn something new.