December 12, 2017, 02:50:11 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Mahlua's Lair of Drawings n' Stuff  (Read 9074 times)

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
Re: Mahlua's Lair of Drawings n' Stuff
« Reply #240 on: November 29, 2017, 02:36:02 PM »
i once had a tablet with an A6 active area. cheapest thing i bought ever but it started me down the digital path. I'm keeping it to see if once i get good i can use it to do good art :P

cool colouring, its nice how you have the main colours for the objects but also have the highlights in the other objects, it breaks them up, makes them interesting, but also helps them to all match each other. i might try this!

true about making black feathers. its very hard to shade and colour "black" objects well because they are not actually black :P as you well noted, there are different warmths of black, even in the same object :/

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 29, 2017, 07:31:59 PM »
Pretty cool drawing there Mahlua! I dare say you definitely need to keep on going down this path. Cool and interesting design, nice perspective!

Keep at it! 

He seriously looks like he's ready to kill a couple of folks tho...

Offline fcollot

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 02, 2017, 08:27:40 AM »
Nice work Malhua :). About the wobbling, I know the problem too. It's not easy getting used to the tablet, and certain angles are especially problematic for me (I've just bought a screen tablet so I'm hoping that'll help). I found an interesting solution though. For natural objects, or anything that doesn't have perfect curves or straight lines, I draw using the normal tools by hand, and the wobbling gives "life" to them. On the other hand, when I need perfect lines I use GIMP's path tool. It makes man-made objects look more realistic and they stand out as being "different" than the natural objects. I'll be posting an image soon where I did this.

Offline fcollot

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 02, 2017, 08:30:56 AM »
Also I probably redraw most lines at least 3-4 times until I'm satisfied with it. The undo function is my primary tool ;-).

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 02, 2017, 11:05:38 AM »
@fcollot if you can draw straight lines with traditional art but wobbling lines on the tablet. Probably the problem with the tablet. Look online if someone else having the same problem with your type of tablet and if they found a fix. Sometimes it's just a getting the latest driver.
If the tablet screen is too smooth for you and making you wobble. A screen protector might help to make the tablet feel like paper, some tablet comes with it.

Some drawing software has a line stabilize tool or get a software that stabilizes your lines.
Here example.
https://hejstylus.com/
I know nothing about this program. Do the research before getting anything.

Offline fcollot

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 02, 2017, 01:54:49 PM »
The tablet is not the problem because the line is replicating the exact movement I'm making. The problem is the hand-eye coordination with the tablet and the PC screen (the wobbling I'm talking was with a traditional tablet, not a screen tablet). I can do nice straight or curved lines but I have trouble doing the exact line I want so I try to adapt as I see the line being drawn on the PC screen and it ends up wobbly. It's not really wobbly, just not quite curvy as I want it, so I redraw until I get what I want.

I'm tried GIMPs smooth option but it makes the head of the line lag slightly behind the actual cursor position (again this is not a tablet issue put how GIMP works, as it does the same with the mouse). Also I don't think auto-smoothing is a good idea I won't progress with it (although now that I've got a screen tablet I suppose that won't be an issue anymore).

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 04, 2017, 10:04:20 PM »
Nc progress there dude

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 09, 2017, 05:50:40 PM »
Quite an interesting character that archer bird  ;)

Facebook       Patreon