September 24, 2017, 06:29:56 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Mahlua's Lair of Drawings n' Stuff  (Read 7543 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Mahlua's Lair of Drawings n' Stuff
« Reply #180 on: July 08, 2017, 03:54:14 PM »
Then keep on keeping on. Never let that drawing bug go!

Offline K-Seki

• Sleep-Deprived Multitasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 09, 2017, 10:10:15 PM »
I'll look forward to your sketches, Mahlua~! :D Bit off the side, but who's guilty of scribbling on the backs of their notes and manuals? XD

:: =What should today's sketch be?= ::
Open for commissions.

personal series: Ayakashi Refrain on Tapas || active commissioned manga: 3 || webtoon collabs: 1 || VNs in progress: 1 (hiatus)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 10, 2017, 12:57:18 AM »
So remember when I used to complain about how my tablet pen was broken for the longest time? Well, one of my partners recently upgraded from a Huion H420 tablet of like the smallest variety, and, well...

It has been entirely too long and I had to do hand-eye exercises for a bit to get readjusted, but I did this quick little doodle with MS Paint. It's not meant to be taken seriously, and I know some of the proportions are just way off. Said partner has also offered to procure a better software for me to put onto my laptop so maybe I can use something like, you know, layers and stuff, but for now at least I can do silly doodles.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 10, 2017, 01:53:52 AM »
Woo! Looking good! Can't wait to see more of your work! Now I can return the favor and give you some helpful feedback~ :dance:

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 10, 2017, 03:55:57 PM »
The green writing look Arabic  ;D

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 10, 2017, 05:34:03 PM »
Whoooooop welcome back Mahlua!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 16, 2017, 10:08:50 PM »
Oh wow, after my tablet pen's battery died, I figured I'd also upload something traditional, and it just happened to be MRverse related. The writing along the side ways "With a sigh, I turn my head up / and realize--I am free". I don't think it's from anything in particular, but it seemed to fit. Reminds me of something I saw etched into the side of a toilet stall once.

Mind the bikini-wearing wireframe in the corner. I was just messing around with a body type and figured I'd ink it and give it some clothes...of a sort.

Mostly I'm impressed that I tried a sort of perspective thing at the bottom and it didn't absolutely flop like a sorry sack of s---.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 16, 2017, 10:32:22 PM »
The perspective isn't bad at all. Though it is kinda confusing how exactly her hand is interacting with the paper.

You've definitely drawn her bustier than I've always imagined her though. The original design didn't have much going on so to speak.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 16, 2017, 10:35:35 PM »
Yeah, that hand gave me hell, although changing the angle of the paper probably could've made it way more excusable :sure:

As for the bustiness, it was more accidental, really. I like how it turned out in the profile view with her body turned slightly more than her head, although I can see how in the front view and the perspective drawing they definitely look a little bigger. I guess I was going for the "mom friend" or "grumpy but actually cool librarian" vibe a little too hard.
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 17, 2017, 01:38:40 AM »
Good work. The chibi, the perspective and the big one look good. The bikini body is good, But feel like you run out of horizontal space so you squashed the head into the neck.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 17, 2017, 10:04:11 AM »
Yeah, a little bit. I was originally going to leave it in the pencil (which hardly shows up on my camera phone), but I figured "why not?".

It's nice to see myself improving as far as perspective is concerned. I know for a fact that last year I probably wouldn't have been able to pull that off.
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline eukocar

• grinding drawing skill for motherland
  • your friendly neighbourhood comrade
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 17, 2017, 10:13:32 AM »
I know the pencil camera struggle.  You did an great job at keeping the lines Slim.
The amount of detail you added is amazing!
I wish i could do that with my pencil.
how to add pics mmm lets see.....lets try this

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2017, 12:18:29 PM »
The slim lines that actually show up are because I went over the pencil areas with a Staedtler .5mm pigment liner so that they could show up on my camera in the first place. I love them for inking and have a .1mm, a .3mm, two .5mms, a .7mm, and a .8mm. I also have some brush pens from the same company in shades of grey. They're great for moderately cheap materials.
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a giant primary school playground.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2017, 01:10:14 PM »
Cute drawings! I love those pens (even if I prefer Mangastudio to ink drawings). Maybe you should use the 1mm pen to give more contrast to the lining. You can vary the largeness of the lines to give more dynamism.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 17, 2017, 01:16:59 PM »
Thank ye. Line variability isn't something I've really given much thought to, since I grew up on ballpoints and pigment liners as opposed to say calligraphy pens or G-nibs and the like. I suppose it would add depth to my lineart, especially since I tend to rely so much on coloring to do that for me. I'll take it into consideration next time I'm out and about the art store.
Got Ecchi? Join us.