October 18, 2019, 06:01:14 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: publishing online  (Read 422 times)

Offline swlorimer

• View Profile
publishing online
« on: June 24, 2014, 11:19:14 AM »
I am currently in the process of writing a graphic novel with my writing partner which we plan to publish online for free in weekly instalments.

Is there a particular platform that's most suitable? ie Flickr or facebook etc
Would it be better to set up an independent web page?
and does anyone know anything of the costs/difficulties involved?
Is there any other method in which to publish such a project?
What do other writers use?

Any advise would be appreciated!

Offline Fugitivebush

• Comic Writer
  • Am I a writer or a fool?
    • View Profile
Re: publishing online
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 11:33:34 AM »
You could probably set up a blog using google or something since that is free and just post your weekly installments there.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: publishing online
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 12:05:58 PM »
I'd be interested in knowing a lot about that too, from what I see artists set up their own web pages to post their webcomics. Sometimes they upload all pages online for free and then allow readers the option to buy it if they wish. Best results are when you set up your own domain, but I'm not sure how to do that  so you may need to find hosts, such as let's say Wordpress.

A facebook page is a good platform to advertise your work, but not exactly the main platform to push it forward.

I don't know about costs at all, but first and foremost you'd have to have things square with your partner because that can become problematic in the future if things go forward.

Amazon publishes ebooks? I think a digital version of your comic could be published there? But I haven't done much research on that to be honest.

As a writer I haven't been using other platforms apart from the usual. Deviantart, writing.com. Twitter is also a nice place to set up as authors and mingle with other artists if you follow the right people.

Try checking out Not A Villain webcomic, Gunnerkrigg Court and Remind webcomic. The authors there published their graphic novels in one form or another. (Not exactly sure about NAV)