April 20, 2018, 06:43:17 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: What video games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 26221 times)

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
Re: What video games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #540 on: December 27, 2017, 07:42:49 PM »
Why am I putting myself through the absolute wankfest that is Dark Souls II

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a giant primary school playground.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #541 on: December 29, 2017, 11:40:11 PM »
Currently, I am playing Mario Odyssey on Nintendo Switch. I won both the Nintendo Switch and the game at a cosplay tornament one month ago
The game in itself is very beautiful: the colors, backgrounds and textures are awesome! I often stop to look around at the details (the sand, water and vegetation animations are outstanding).
It is so outsdanding I even get vertigo in some scenes!

I'm still getting familiar with the controlers but as usual this Mario opus is very funny. ^^

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 30, 2017, 02:38:59 AM »
It took me three days, but I did, in fact, finally beat Star Ocean Till the End of Time. Whoo, man, that was a trip. I enjoyed that a lot, actually. It was so satisfying, walking up to the final boss. They did a neat little camera trick too.

Just over 60 hours of gametime (granted, I had my save file from when my disc broke, so I did not accomplish 60 hours of gaming in 72 hours) and a party at level 78 and there I was. Credits rolled, and it was beautiful. I also got the couple ending I had been hoping for, although that's not a shock considering I followed the guidebook religiously.

Probably next up on my gaming list is going back and actually playing through Persona 4 and not being underleveled and item f8cked between the boss with Rise's Shadow and then Teddy's Shadow. Or, for old time's sake, I'll go back and play Galerians: ASH again. It's been on my mind a lot, and it's not really a long game. Just a little tedious at points. Over the summer I think my goal is going to be to play through the Jak trilogy in order. I played 2 first, then 3, and I only recently found the first one at a sale.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Fanatic Of The Pierogi
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 03, 2018, 09:58:53 AM »
Now that I got a PS4 I'm wasting more time on games. 

Mostly I still like to play mindless games. I've been playing WWII a lot this week, from before launch it looked like a disaster, and while it's a typical Call of Duty game I find it fun enough. I was good at Black Ops I & II, and this seems like another one I can do well in, it's fine for a fast and simple type thing which is what I prefer to play most often. The campaign is easily the worst of all the WWII focused COD games. Ridiculous, stupid, silly, over the top, and just a boring setting. Another D-Day opening? I'd love to play a game on the Continuation War to blast the Soviets and save Karelia or something with Canada. This one is bland, and I don't even bother with Zombies. Basically WWII is just another goofy but fun COD game. Most of the maps suck though, only the snow ones are remotely interesting, otherwise it just looks like oatmeal.

Battlefield 1 is fairly fun also, it's a good setting and all. I just play Team Deathmatch in these kind of games, so I don't care about the vehicles and stuff, but I like how smooth the Battlefield games are. But I don't like how every week or so I put the disc in to see "UPDATE REMAINING TIME 9 HOURS". I try Overwatch sometimes, I know playing on console is for peasants but I don't care. The game is smooth and colourful, but not my style so much. I love the designs and overall feel of things, but the rushing around shooting things style doesn't work so well.

Nier Automata, I've played for 8 hours so far and it's fun. I'm not fond of games that take a while, normally I'll get stuck on one part that's unfun and never go back, which I'm at right now. But this one is fine, the combat is cool but the guns make it pretty boring, where I'd rather just button mash and slice things apart. I want to beat the game, but it seems like it will take so long. I got the Final Fantasty IX PS4, as it was the only slim I could find in town, so I played a bit of the game, not my style. RPGs are often too involved for me, I don't like all the inventories and leveling up business. I don't like that kind of nonsense, I just want to go place to place and progress, not run around in the same spot.

Sonic Mania is a cheap nostalgia fan game. It plays well, looks great and has classic Sonic fun but I think it's just a cheap shot at trying to be like the old games. It has some new touches but often just reuses old elements for a familiar type game. This is what Sonic is now, and even if I find the gameplay enjoyable I can't get into this game like the old ones because it tries to hard to be like something that's over. I got some other games but really I'm still very casual so I mostly just like mindless things.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 10:06:28 AM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Fanatic Of The Pierogi
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 22, 2018, 01:00:43 PM »
Started playing Gravity Rush 2, a few hours in or so.

It's a decently fun game. It's big thing is the gravity manipulation that lets you fly around, it's a cool mechanic and it can be pretty fun to float about. Sometimes it's frustrating to aim your kicks, or even do something as simple as change your flight course, but that might just take some getting used to. The side mission where you Superman 64 was annoying as you can't really turn without stopping. It's a great use of the gyro however, very smooth. You can do some cool things.

The open world is simple and actually fun to run around in. I find myself wanting to do all the side missions, although they are mostly just doing random chores. There are some neat addition elements like the photography and mining, which add fun features to game. The main story is alright, I like how the cutscenes are told in comic panels. The characters have great designs, Kat is fun to play as. The cell shading looks good, and in general it's a detailed world. The combat is simple, with only one melee button. It can get annoying to gravity kick, as you will go off course or miss often, but when everything works well it's smooth. The combat is a weaker point for sure.   

I think it's enjoyable so far though, I like the tight open world setting and the simpleness of everything, it has good design elements and the gravity elements add for interesting gameplay, even if it can be a little annoying at times. Good so far!

I got to Route B in Nier Automata and man I don't even want to play that game now. I dislike playing as that stupid guy, he's lame and I just want to play as 2B or the other cool girl. But I have to go through this first...playing it all over again. I mean it's fairly fun, super smooth and great combat. But not 9S, his combat is annoying and the hacking thing gets tiring. I want to rush this route as fast as possible, but I've not wanted to go back yet.

Offline Fronomenal

• MR's Resident Drifter
  • Looking for a place to stay...
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 23, 2018, 07:53:51 AM »
I still need to get Nier. It's on my list of games I want to play but won't put the effort in actually getting them. I'll get to it eventually.

I'm really enjoying DragonBall fighterz at the moment. The mechanics are fun and noob friendly, and once you get past the basics and really dive deep into the core system, theres a lot of interesting tricks and techniques involving combo structure that really takes the game in a cool direction.

My only problem with the game at the moment is the lack of defensive mechanics. I understand that the game is meant to be played aggressively, which is why they added  mechanics like vanish and super dash, but I feel there are times where it's extremely difficult to deal with an opponents pressure on block. Hopefully the db fighterz community will figure out more ways to combat this issue as the game's run progresses. 

Offline Vio

• Listed in the MR blacklist
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 24, 2018, 03:46:59 PM »
I bought MLB 18 two days ago and I've spent most of my time on the market buying and selling cards like trade stocks.

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 28, 2018, 10:35:06 AM »
Been playing a lot of jackbox recently on steam  :ninja: It's handy that all you need is one copy and other players just need a phone to play