July 09, 2020, 02:17:50 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: What video games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 60017 times)

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
Re: What video games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #570 on: April 23, 2019, 12:45:09 AM »
Man Fortnite sucks now that they got rid of the respawn mode. I think it was called team rumble or something.

Now, I’m just going to focus on mk11.

This is the first time I downloaded using Steam, so new experience and everything.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 08:45:07 AM by Forlorn Serpent »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 27, 2019, 07:21:47 PM »
So I've been playing Bloodstained recently, which if you're not familiar is a kickstarted metroidvania get that is a new 2D Castlevania in all but name.

Now, I'm something of a fan of metroidvanias. You wouldn't call me a fanatic, buut I freaking love the things. Especially the 2D ones. And this game is just ticking all of my buttons. Is it innovative on the genre? Hell no! But I don't think anyone needed it to be. Igarashi took the things everyone already loved about his previous Castlevania games, and just combined them to create the best possible version of them. The only complaint I have for it is that they went with a 3D art style as opposed to pixel artwork. Which I understand of course. Really good pixel work like the game would have demanded takes time and money. I just worry hat come 10 years from now, where as old Castlevania games are still going to have a timeless sort of quality, Bloodstained will have suffered somewhat.

Full 10/10 though from me. I am fully in my happy space with this one. If only I could cram it onto my Gameboy  :hmm:

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Happytimedoggy

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 27, 2019, 01:14:59 AM »
I've gone back and started playing the very first game I got for PS-2, Okage Shadow King.

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 10, 2019, 04:16:17 PM »
Been playing Modern Warfare

I'm in the cycle, the new game comes out and I play it until the next one. That said I quite liked Black Ops 4 and now I'm enjoying this one. It's the best looking COD by far and the campaign was pretty decent. Atleast we had one this time and it's good enough to play through in an afternoon. I've put 11 hours into multiplayer so far and I like it. A faster paced game but it feels pretty satisfying once you get the hang of it, which takes all of 30 minutes. I don't really like the Create A Class system which is overly complicated and overstuffed. I'm salty that they removed prestige mode. Now, I'm currently only in the 30's ranks but the fun of COD is to level up and unlock things again and again. I'll see how it is when I reach that point, the prestige system was one of the most addicting things about the franchise. 

The maps are pretty boring. I think a number of them are awful and end up being a game of running around until the time limit runs out in TDM. Same old gray and dirty colours. I am happy that normal killstreaks are back and not the silly scorestreaks from BO4. There are still things to discover about how the game is laid out but I strive for something more simple. I liked BO2's class system the most with it's pick 10. That said this game should prove to be more mindless enjoyment I like it so far. 

Still playing Dead Or Alive 6 here and there, I really do like that game. and Gunsmoke on the NES which I've been trying on and off to beat. It's pretty tricky but I find NES games to be most engaging on my brain so I like this one.

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 19, 2020, 09:54:28 AM »
Played through Doom last week and now on to Doom Eternal.

These are very fun games, I love FPSs and these are perfect since they are no nonsense chill and kill demons. The first game was a blast and Eternal is a lot harder and takes a slightly smarter play style. Everytime you die it's because you were playing stupid not because the game is bs. Eternal surprisingly has more platforming elements and some pretty crazy jumps. Though it sort of auto locks and makes things easier as long as you can figure out where you have to go. The game gives you tips and helps but ammo is easier to run out on so you have to use your chainsaw tactically to replenish. I love exploring in both games, it's not too complex so I feel compelled to check every corner.

I enjoyed the first game more, I think it's overall more tight and I'd go back and replay it after I finish Eternal. But I'm not done that game yet so we'll see. That said it's still very fun and expands on the first game, introducing some new elements and a decent challenge. I just play on medium though. The story has elements extremely similar to Halo 2 and Halo 3. Some levels look like the nightmare that was Cortana and the whole demons invading Earth and guy in green armour having to kill prophet like dudes. Yup. I don't play with sound so I'm probably missing a lot and honestly I don't really know what the story is but gaming and records or podcasts are how it's done over here. I get my enjoyment that way. 

I've been playing Need For Speed Rivals a bit also because I wanted a driving game. It's fun, kind of gets old though like drive around, cops come they bust you or something and start over. But it nails a lot of the fun parts of driving games, though it takes a little bit to get the hang of. It's enjoyable though.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:58:42 AM by Manimal »