April 22, 2019, 08:18:57 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: NO1SEY's Tracklist - My Plot Summaries and Ideas  (Read 4218 times)

Offline NO1SY

• Bartender for the MR Pub's Happy Hour!
  • Life is LOUD!
    • View Profile
Re: NO1SEY's Plots for development - Please read and give feedback!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 10:42:52 AM »
EDIT - Message Removed - Thread Overhall
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 06:40:09 PM by NO1SEY »

Offline NO1SY

• Life is LOUD!
    • View Profile
Re: NO1SEY's Tracklist - Plot Summaries and Ideas
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2014, 01:11:52 PM »
EDIT - Message Removed - Thread Overhall
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 06:40:28 PM by NO1SEY »

Offline NO1SY

• Life is LOUD!
    • View Profile
Re: NO1SEY's Tracklist - My Plot Summaries and Ideas
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 07:50:42 PM »
HELLO EVERYONE!

I have just done a complete overhall of this thread. It now acts as a catalogue for my plots and ideas - the first message. I hope it is clear and that people enjoy reading them.

I have links to the development threads where people can comment and offer suggestions for specific plots being worked on.

On this thread feel free to give general comments and thoughts.

Thanks for reading

NO1SEY

Offline GingerStark

• Social & Political Scientist
  • There is no single truth, only contingent theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 11:30:44 AM »
When writing several stories, do you ever try to have any element of crossover between them?  :hmm: Doesn't have to be anything big, but would you introduce cameo appearances and ect. if you could?

Offline NO1SY

• Life is LOUD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 01:24:21 PM »
Haha I never really thought about it before but I think it could be quite cool if done well.

My only issue with that would be making sure the stories stay distinctly separate.

Tbh I havent written enough to actually implement crossovers and cameos but I would definitely consider it in the future.

A huuuuge inspiration of mine is the DS game The World Ends With You by Square Enix and they do cameos in their games all the time - Neku from TWEWY appears in the newest Kingdom Hearts game for example.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 02:38:13 PM by NO1SEY »

Offline Cj45

• What Kinds of bees produce milk? google it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 02:20:09 PM »
I think you got some cool ideas here though i have to admit Grim seemed to be a lot like bleach and im not sure if uve heard of the TV show with the same name... even so  grim sounds cool especially with the rival group Hades that could be interesting and ive never seen anything like that done b4 so thts cool. AS for public enemy no.2 im not too into comedy manga but i could see why people might like the. DV of charon looks like a great idea but might need some elaboration and i wonder how long that series could really be? Anyway hope u liked the feedback for the stories though i feel like missed somethng out...?
CJ

Offline NO1SY

• Life is LOUD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 02:34:04 PM »
Cant say ive ever watched Grim the tv series. And tbh a lot of ideas are like Bleach now (and Bleach was like Yu Yu Hakusho)... I cant say that it is an inspiration for me though outside of the artwork. But thank you for pointing out the similarity, if I ever do more work on GRIM I will make sure to distinguish it from Bleach.

DV Charon is my latest idea and at the moment is nothing more than that really. If someone would like to take up the plot and see what they can do with it I'm open to it.

At the moment I am putting most of my attention into Public Enemy No.2. Im sorry you aren't into comedies so much, but I am enjoying writing for it and im trying to make sure it has some depth and serious undertones - so who knows if you read it I may change your mind :P

Thanks for the comments

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 02:39:18 PM by NO1SEY »

Offline Cj45

• What Kinds of bees produce milk? google it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 02:42:01 PM »
I hope u can persuade me into liking comedies i can tell im missing out and i didnt mean to shout for plagurisim in any way when i talked about bleach i hope you can make at least one of em into a reality cause they look genuinely interesting. BTW would u turn these into a manga or a light novel? Thanks
CJ

Offline NO1SY

• Life is LOUD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2014, 04:52:15 PM »
No no I didnt think you were raging or anything :)

I honestly dont know how I would present each and every one of them. I've never read light novels - ive always read/watched manga and anime adaptations - so in my head ive always imagined my plots as manga style comics.

Offline NO1SY

• Life is LOUD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2014, 07:52:29 AM »
Just put up a couple of new ideas i've been having - Wonders and Godless (names subject to change) - please take a look.

Wonders is not so new but I never really did much with it.

Godless was inspired after recently watching some Medieval Total war - Viking Invasion Gameplay - a game I loved to death several years ago - and thinking "how would Soldiers and Kings feel whilst holding off an invasion and what would their minds lead them to see coming at them.

Hope you like the ideas, as always if anyone has suggestions for plot direction, story elements, characters or anything else, feel free to leave a comment, and if anything does come of these plots and I utilise any of the suggestions I will make sure to credit your input :)

Offline WhiteCrow

• Society X Origins undergoing changes
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2014, 03:04:39 AM »
I was confused with the premise of Wonders. I wanted to ask, what kind of approach do you plan on taking with the story? Are we following the Guardian? Or a living person? How are secondary characters introduced, more importantly, how do they interact with the Guardian? Is this told in first person or third?

Godless seems interesting especially how nowadays the big thing is the show Vikings and of COURSE Game of Thrones!!! (Awesome!!!!! Still waiting for winter though...)  But would this be a one shot?

Offline NO1SY

• Life is LOUD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2014, 07:09:50 AM »
Well with the case of Wonders - I actually have no clue. This was just an idea I had a while back, and then took a look at again recently, altered a little but then decided I should put it up here to see if in the future anyone will be interested enough to help me develop it into a more cohesive story. Sorry to disappoint but with the stage that it's at I don't really have answers to those questions for you...

I actually haven't seen the show "Vikings"... been meaning to watch it though... And yeah, I'm looking forward to Season 5 of GoT, although my friends who have read the books gave me a few hints despite my protests... I might actually read them all before the next season as I have the series sitting on my kindle.

I don't know what Godless will be... I was toying with the idea of it being a one-shot, but there are quite a few things I'd like to research and explore first before I decide. It won't be too long though, and even if the fantasy side makes things a little unrealistic I still want it to be gritty and chaotic, so maybe the shorter it is the better this will be with less down time?

As with all my "Plot Ideas" (aside from the ones currently in development) any and all input is welcome, these are the ones I would like to share and work with people on, so if anyone has a stroke of genius about any of them, PM me with the Idea and if/when I start writing them I will look through the suggestions and work with them :)

Offline NO1SY

• Life is LOUD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2014, 03:43:32 PM »
OK

So I was doing research for my plot formerly named "Godless" and I decided to do a rethink of it.

I decided that I could better tell the story, which spans around 200 years of British history, if it were a series of one-shots and highlighted the major events of the Viking Invasion, whilst still maintaining the perspective the original plot was going to have.

The series is now called "The Grand Unification: The Warriors' Eyes". I have outlined what I currently want the stories to be about, but I may chop and change them so I won't have a definitive number of them until I actually write them...

What do people think of the change?

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2014, 09:57:25 PM »
Oh? You have experience in historical fiction? I barely know geography, a historical tale would be so much suicide to write. When you say series of one-shots though you mean how many exactly? And how large?

Offline NO1SY

• Life is LOUD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2014, 05:35:13 AM »
Well I'm an amateur hobbyist writer so I don't have experience per se, but I have written small attempts at historical fiction in the past, in school for example. The geography isn't too hard to learn, I spend a lot of time researching backgrounds for all my plots anyway and this is a time period that I am fairly comfortable with from playing PC strategy games, so I have picked it up fairly quickly. A good thing about this time period however is a lack of retainers, so there is a lack of actual detail surrounding some of the battles, allowing me to let my imagination loose a little. I actually find Historical fiction easier to write as you have a laid out story already there to build on, and this allows writers to come up with some interesting and original storytelling ideas.

When I say series of one-shots I mean a series of longer than usual chapters - so between 50 and 80 pages i'm guessing - where each chapter shows a stand alone story that ties itself up as a story, but ultimately leads into the next as they are all telling parts of a larger story - basically like story arcs that are too short to be a long series of chapters. I currently have 4 plans for chapters, but it's a little hard to imagine how long or short they will be until I do some in depth planning, so there may end up being about 6-8 chapters in the end, which is my aim I think.

Talking more about historical fiction - to anyone who hasn't read my latest Public Enemy No.2 Chapter (3) please follow the link to it in this topic and check it out and GIVE FEEDBACK. I would like to get an idea of what people think of it before I continue with writing Chapter 4.

Cheers :)