November 18, 2018, 07:27:07 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: We shall Collab!!!!!  (Read 13084 times)

Offline Cache

• View Profile
Re: We shall Collab!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2009, 09:50:42 AM »
You know I like the way you think! I think that's a really good idea, about the picking a theme. we should have a poll on the theme. ANd once a theme is decided take it from there.

Not sure about the printing thing but lol you said that was all on you so XD. But the idea I like! Hopefully everyone else is cool with it cuz I say let's do it!
The website!!! Go and Enjoy! www.adventuresofyaz.com

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2009, 12:00:17 PM »
a manga raiders anthology hmmm... :-\... sounds like a great idea!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Lambo-san

• I hit 2 stones with one bird. :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2009, 12:59:56 PM »
Eh, wont this be tough? I mean one theme? Everyone is different here, so I'm not so sure about picking a theme...I dont really get what that will do anyway o.o In fact, I dont understand any of this @.@ What characters are we using and what storyline could we possible use?
http://ryokoujin.deviantart.com/ - Web Comic Available in Full Size here

Offline Fallen Kite

• Fallen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2009, 02:05:07 PM »
:) Just wanted ya to know, that I'm still watching what ur writing :)
Work in progress: Everything.
Alternative title: Nothing.

Offline Tim Wellman

• Comic Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2009, 05:06:54 PM »
Well, for it to be printed, all stories (and characters) have to be original because of copyright problems. And this will be print on demand, so there's not too much out-of-pocket from me, it'll be available on indyplanet and if anyone in the book wants real printed copies, they can buy them from there. People can also advertise on their blogs and stuff, get friends to go buy copies... you're not looking at much profit... around 50 cents per book sold, and that would be split between everyone involved. We can also put a finished copy of the book on Wowio for electronic downloading.

My involvement would be to take all the art and edit into book form, do the lettering if needed (art can be submitting with no lettering and I'll letter it professionally in Illustrator. that was all the stories have the same font and style), and get the book to a printer and uploaded to wowio. Hey, it's everyone's chance to be published without having to draw a huge story.

As for a theme, it would be something loose, like modern day ninjas... so, anyone invloved could create a story with that theme, but all specifics would be up to them... male or female characters, serious or funny, etc.

Cache, if you want, you can take the lead on this and make a new thread about it. The only points we need to make are a deadline (I'd suggest something like 2 months from agreeing on a theme), the file requirements (and I can be specific about that in the new post, the art has to fit into the printer's guidelines... 300dpi, 7x10.5 inches), and a theme.

voting on a theme is the place to start. It should be specific enough so that all the stories are related, but broad enough not to stifle anyone's creative juices.

Offline Cache

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2009, 08:39:31 AM »
@lambo: The characters will be your own. Just come up with a few original characters that can push the story a long.

You're right everyone is different but check it. Say if we picked the theme: "Love" Everyone here should be able to right out a story that involves some kind of love.  Or if the theme is "death" everyone who has any writing experience should have some capacity to come up with a story to fit that theme. you know?

If there was like a time limit of 2 months, i'm sure EVERYONE lol would atleast be able to get a 5 to 10 page manga done. It would really be a lot of fun reading the mangas people come up with on their own. Or make it a team effort. You can team up with someone to get it done. I think it'd be cool to see the results and have quick original stories from us to read. Plus it would be really good practice with consistency which is something every artist needs.

@ Tim: Before starting a new thread I'd like to see if enough of us are interested you know XD.
The website!!! Go and Enjoy! www.adventuresofyaz.com

Offline Tim Wellman

• Comic Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2009, 04:02:48 PM »
That's cool, people can post here if they're interested. Try to get a few people committed. It probably should be limited to 5 or 6 pages each, though, (the biggest book I can have printed would be 52 pages, but 40 pages would be ideal).

Offline Lambo-san

• I hit 2 stones with one bird. :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2009, 04:36:52 PM »
Oh, alright. So that means I'll be using characters I've made for other stories I'm making? So for example, you'll use Cache? O.O Well, I guess that shouldn't be hard then but...I"m trying to create an entirely different style of drawing so I'll take longer to get it right...And, I can't start anytime soon, in 2-3 weeks from now I'm leaving to another state to see my girlfriend on her birthday  :D For now, I;ll keep working on my new style. It's gone completely from Naruto-Reborn -ish to ...WTF....o.o...Full metal alchemist-Reborn o.o...Well, I'll post one up when I get it right ok? XD

@KITE: o.o Did you say you were keeping an eye what I was writing or someone else?
http://ryokoujin.deviantart.com/ - Web Comic Available in Full Size here

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2009, 07:27:42 PM »
This sounds like a really good idea. I'm pretty sure I can get a few pages done in 2 weeks of time.

I'd also like to apologize for not being active lately. My Interim I class is really grinding me down and I haven't had the energy to move a pencil. I said goodbye to my summer when I found out I only had a 4 day break between semesters. >.<
I'm back~~~

Offline Tim Wellman

• Comic Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2009, 07:47:43 PM »
Glad you're in on the project, Sai. It'll be a fun project, and something people can say, hey, I'm in a printed manga! and if this goes well, we'll plan for some more issues.

Cache, start keeping a running list of people who say they're in :-)

Offline SoulRiser

• Marv
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2009, 09:22:30 PM »
You know, this is funny, really rich.I knew it was something about this site that caught me.

Dedication, a dream(maybe not for some of you but it is for me)

I was doin a few projects(they suck if you ask me) for a few folks but for me to let this opportunity pass by me is.........unforgiveable.Would I need a scanner or what?

I'm already turned on about this. :D :JC_cheesy:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:27:07 PM by SoulRiser »
I'm like dewey cox, I walk.......HARD.

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2009, 09:33:49 PM »
If you can get the pages done digitally, that should be fine. Or are you stuck on a camera? O_o
I'm back~~~

Offline Tim Wellman

• Comic Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2009, 09:48:13 PM »
You'll need to try to get your images at 300dpi, 7x10 inches (that's about 2100 pixels wide) for best print quality. I can clean things up a bit, but try to get us big images to work with. You're not absolutely sunk if you can't get yours scanned, but you want your work to look it's best beside the other work. You might be able to find a library with a scanner, or your school, or just a friend. As a last resort you can mail the art to me and I'll scan it for you.

As we go along I'll post a template from the printer that shows the safe area (printers need a little room around the edges to crop when making the actual books so you don't want anything important within .5 inches of the edge of your paper). For now, just make a commitment to do it, and make sure Cache gets your name on the 'committed' list.

Offline SoulRiser

• Marv
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2009, 10:24:39 PM »
For now, I'm stuck with my koday easyshare cx7430 but I'm workin on gettin a scanner sometime next week.

so, 300 dpi huh...I'll remember that. What size paper are we to work by?does it even matter, weel if worst come to worst I'll maill the originals.
I'm like dewey cox, I walk.......HARD.

Offline Tim Wellman

• Comic Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2009, 10:42:31 PM »
Well, the actual paper size is not as important as the scanned size you end up with. Just so that is 300dpi, and 2100 (or more) pixels wide, you'll be fine. (If you're using photoshop, when you click to resize, you will see the document size... that should be 7x10.5 inches, and that equals 2100 pixels wide by 3150 pixels high).

But, I can handle most anything as long as it's close to that. If you scan in a regular 8.5x11 inch printer paper page at 300dpi, it'll be bigger, but I can reduce the size when I get it.

Also, for everyone, we're working with some fairly big file sizes... black and white images at this size are going to be 5-10meg each. When the time comes I'll provide an ftp site for you all to upload your pages directly, or you can also zip them and upload them to megaupload for me to download.

And remember, write your scripts, but don't letter your pages. I'll use your scripts and letter all the pages of all the stories (that will keep everything consistent throughout the book, and will also allow me to proofread and correct spelling, etc).