April 18, 2024, 11:17:55 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Characters who have disappointed you  (Read 13208 times)

Offline Roshiro Byakko

• The Philosopher God
  • That one guy who is always disappearing for months
    • View Profile
Characters who have disappointed you
« on: May 12, 2014, 08:14:50 PM »
Hey everyone, as most people know the 4th Great Shinobi War hyped up alot of Naruto characters to be stronger than they actually were.*coughs Edo Hokage.

I want to know who you think is the biggest disappointment in the war(You can't choose Tenten, she was never good in the first place) :biggrin:, but you can choose anyone else who participated in the war.

My choice is Obito. He started the war, I expected him to at least take one of the tailed beasts. He just proved that for every technique he had, Naruto had a transformation to counter it. Hell, he couldn't even become a proper sage of the 6 paths.

So who disappointed you?

Offline TBerkich

• :D
    • View Profile
Re: Characters who have disappointed you
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 01:21:26 AM »
Man Obito was my number one lol. For all the hype behind him, he really just didn't do that well lol. He really didn't do anything.....

I was also really disappointed at how quickly the kage were taken down initially lol, they really didn't do much to help imo.

But, swinging the subject, I was totally jacked when Might Guy broke out that final gate. He was kicking some major ass, and it was so freaking cool.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 02:55:57 PM »
Tobi was really someone who was dark and mysterious, but he had a sense of humor, and he seemed sadistic.

the moment the mask came off it was like the sadism and dark humor went away. He stuck with a straight face the entire time.

Sakura continues to disappoint, because she never gets better as a person no matter how strong she gets. she always wants attention. even if its not the same as before, she still makes sure she gets it. For example: when sai asked her if she's ok that sasuke is back, she looks like she's been crying for hours, gives a fake smile to him and says yeah.

she is the most annoying character. even Masashi Kishimoto likes her.
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline Lovus Eternius

• I'm just a writer.
  • Firstborne INC. Making life great again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 03:05:07 PM »
Everyone dies except Jun... I mean... uhm... <------ Halo Reach SPOILER ALERT

I remember back when it was released early... spoilers posted all over the forums - with no alerts... oh god... the horrors.

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 03:21:26 PM »
Obito is definitely a disappointment... And hmm... I was actually going to say Tenten, until you said not to in the first post haha... I think it's sad how she's hardly in the story, and I was hoping for some big moment in the war. It might still happen though..

Also Sai has hardly been around, and where the heck is Yamato? Is he dead? There's been no mention of him in forever...
With the original Team 7 reuniting, I think everyone is going to forget they exist and forget that they're a part of Team 7 too...

Um... I don't know who else haha... I agree with TBerkich about the Kage. They're regarded as the strongest ninja in the village, yet they were taken down pretty quickly. Maybe it just felt that way because they hardly showed a battle. *shrugs*

Offline Roshiro Byakko

• The Philosopher God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 06:41:38 PM »
So eveybody agrees Obito/Tobi didn't live up to what he thought he would.

I won't even say anything about Sakura.

Sai was supposed to replace Sasuke and he did absolutely nothing that couldn't happen without him. His highlight is punching Deidara and Sasori off the bird.

Yamato? Who's that? Jk. Him and Anko probably went on strike with all of the other characters who had potential to be cool. As if Anko, Yugao, Ibiki, Shizune, Shino etc, aren't already pretty cool.

That would be great if Tenten beat Madara. Though I think it would be too easy to seal Madara if he was rolling on the ground laughing because Tenten stepped up. :biggrin:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 03:57:01 PM by Roshiro Byakko »

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 07:20:49 PM »
I'd have to say Sasuke has disappointed me most.  When he turned his back on the village, you thought he'd come back from the dark side eventually. But after fighting his brother he grew a Darker character still. Until he became damn right evil after trying to kill both kakashi and sakura,surely there was no way back.......until he changes his mind,  decides he wants to be hokage and all is forgiven....what?

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 07:48:28 PM »
I was gonna rock the boat here a little and say that I haven't been 'disappointed' by any of the characters per say, I just wish that their story time in the war was balanced a little better.

But I don't tend to feel as strongly about characters as other people do so I don't think it's so fair for me to say.

I'm just enjoying watching the story play out, even in a childish way, knowing full well (in hindsight) that it was always going to be this way with team 7 facing off against a crazy strong opponent.

I'm actually fairly surprised to see most people agreeing with this one though, though tbh as 'villains that aren't actually villains' go, obito is pretty uninspired.

Offline Roshiro Byakko

• The Philosopher God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 08:53:56 PM »
@Vacant
You have a good point and I constantly talk about that with my buddies.

@NO1SEY
I think we all enjoy the story, but we also wish that if you hyped up any character to be powerful, he would actually be powerful.(Like Itachi and Kisame). :thumbsup:

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 08:26:28 AM »
Emo-Sasuke pisses me the hell off.

Most of the Edo-Tensei were a dissapointment in character development. You take away something when you bring back people and give them all the chance in the world to explain their motivations like that. One of them was defeated by a hug (was that Sai's brother?)

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 12:40:25 PM »
HUG POWER! :biggrin:

@poisen_paradise

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 10:36:32 AM »
Its not so much of being dissapointed in people from naruto during the shinobi war, but as to expect more form them. I mean, people might hate me for saying this but my favorite charcter from naruto will always be Ino Yamanaka so i was mostly just focusing on her. other than that yea i agree that Obito shouldve done more, but also Neji.... like WTF was that did he really had to die? he couldve used one of his techniques to block the attack coming at naruto but instead he faced them with his body...

i am still not over that xD, i mean he couldve used his rotation jutsu while jumping up in the air to reflect them... i was extremely disappointed that he had to be the one to die, i actually really liked neji. :blush:  :( :sadbye:

But other than that, i just wanted the creator to show a little bit more techniques for some of the chracters instead of relying on what there just known for (speaking for ino, because they made her use Mind transfer jutsu almost about like 100 times)

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 08:47:09 PM »
Both Obito and Madara were characters that disappointed me. Obito/Tobi was a strong and clever character...He started off as a goof, wasn't clear who how he was involved with the akatsuki but he was interesting. But as we saw more and more, Tobi was a character who had a lot more involved....he was devious and back then the battles were far more strategic. He was a character who had a lot going on in the shadows. When it was revealed to be Madara, he also played along, almost sarcastically and the reader fell for it. once you read back, you see he isn't really saying he's Madara. But the moment that Tobi loses his mask, that personality hits the reset button.

Madara didn't disappoint me as much because i didn't grow to his personality. Another character that was disappointing was Aizen. His master plan just didn't seem that clever.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 10:00:36 PM »
Can I just say boring main characters in all badly developed (aka most) harem anime disappoint me?
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2014, 10:28:17 PM »
you just did. those don't disappoint me as they are just an overall common trope and intended for probably male readers who are mostly interested in the females. I dont think its that they have no personalities..but they always have the same personality.