December 10, 2018, 06:04:07 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Favorite Unknown Manga?  (Read 3206 times)

Offline NO1SY

• Bartender for the MR Pub's Happy Hour!
  • Life is LOUD!
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Unknown Manga?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 09:07:04 AM »
Haha I don't think anyone's calling anyone a hipster seriously, maybe as a joke :P

Hmmm Arago, missed that one...

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 07:53:03 PM »
I have a true hate  for anyone who claims to be a "hipster". So i rather not be associated with such a word.

Arago is what a typical shonen looks like, but i guess it feels like a classic. Something that doesn't look like its trying too hard to be too unique but at the same time, doesn't look like its having a hard time staying original.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:07:11 PM by Lorenx1 »
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline NO1SY

• Life is LOUD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2014, 08:11:48 AM »
Hehehe fair doos. I call my brother a hipster and he hates it, but then he does walk around with a 'man purse' from and he has just bought himself "steampunk" sunglasses... so I think he deserves it :P its not a bad word or a serious lable though, but I'll keep in mind you don't like it :)

I checked it out, Arago seems pretty fun, are they still releasing new chapters?

Ive noticed also that lots of series thats have been completed are dropping off of the top lists on websites (top 30s and even top 50s). Mangas like Shaman King, KHR, and even deadman wonderland are all dropping down through the ranks... I dont think they can be classed as underrated, but they will end up grabbing the attention of fewer and fewer new readers.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 08:28:35 AM »
i made a lengthy opinion on why i hate hipsters.

Arago i believe is complete.  Arago is different in the sense that people dont know about it still. Although many people haven't read series like Shaman King and KHR, they've heard of them (probably nor KHR in acronym form though)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 08:36:17 AM by Lorenx1 »
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline NO1SY

• Life is LOUD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2014, 09:24:40 AM »
I just couldn't be bothered to type it out on my phone... Sorry.

I know most people have at least heard of them, but I'm just thinking that in the future people are going to have to delve deeper and deeper before they can unearth them, which to me is weird because they were the ones that I just picked up and read because they were there on the front pages! I guess that's what's destined for most mangas though...

You are right though, because these are series that were once popular and are dropping off, rather than series that never really got into the spotlight despite being really good.

Offline WorldBeyondFantasy

• More adrenaline for the dashing youth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 10:41:44 PM »
Apocalypse no toride! (I lost where i stopped so i started from scratch :(..)
But for me, it's Doubt, it's like so good it makes you get all kinds of feelings!

Offline IronQuill

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 05:27:07 AM »
Couple that are not popular "yet" but i have a feeling they do have the potential to get more mainstream following

Re:monster: A lot like the webtoon "the Gamer" but fantasy based (the MC is a weak goblin that can build his stats by eating his prey) this one reminds me of Tokyo ghoul a bit, and atm the translated pages in the manga dont really show how mature this manga is going to get according to the light novel translations out so far...so just a warning at the moment its shounen/seinen

Red Storm: turning out to be a classic Master disciple shounen, adventure type, only about 16 chapters out so far and its holding my attention

Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka: Another shounen one with stat building, a mix between Magi, fairytale and the gamer, its harem and another one thats pretty early in... maybe around 15 chapters

Gunka no Baltzar: this is seinen i think... doesnt have a constant flow of translations but deserves more fans than it has, similar to Kingdom maybe? in terms of military strategy at least, though its based around the 18th century in Europe i think, guns are just starting to get more advanced  around about 20 chapters so far

Jisatsutou: see some of you like "eden no ori" this is similar well in terms of the Survivalist type them, though much more psychological and has a little more realism, especially in terms of human behavior, from the same author of destroy and revolution or the fighting manga Holyland, this is ongoing at around 90 chapters ...

well these ones are the ones i hope to see get updated lately, rather than just the ones i know will be updated... could use more fans

Offline NO1SY

• Life is LOUD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2014, 06:24:36 AM »
I just read up to the last chapter of "Mother Keeper" and I really like it. its got action and conspiracy and interesting characters. I highly recommend people to check it out :)

Offline Santa's Little Fro Elf

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2018, 11:07:05 PM »
Grave digging as usual. Don't mind me. :sure:

I've become somewhat more of manwha guy over the years, and three of my favorites that I don't think that are very well known are Tower of God, God of High School and Wake up Deadman. Tower of god has a deep and compelling story that just mind f*cks you every step of the way. God of high school is a martial arts story with superb action and an interesting cast of main characters. And Wake up Deadman is a adventure story about zombies where the twist is that they're not mindless creatures who feed on human flesh, but undead beings who still hold onto their sense of humanness, possessing thoughts, emotions and dreams that drive them to survive in a world where zombies are the victims of cruel human oppression.   
Messatsu...

Offline MahluaandEggnog

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2018, 02:53:34 AM »
Well, I've never seen anyone else talk about Venus Versus Virus, and I used to have the complete set of that in omnibus until I let a friend borrow some and then never got them back. I have lost so much manga that way (including nine volumes of Deathnote, three of Black Butler, and one of Rosario+Vampire). Gotta love me my subtly hinted shoujo ai, though. One of these days if I ever have money I'll re-buy the two omnibus volumes I'm missing just so my collection can be complete again.

Offline OviumNoir

• Power comes in response to a need, not a desire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2018, 02:53:33 PM »
MONSTER MONSTER MONSTER. I know it's popular and highly rated but I ask so many people and they go blank.
It's cos everyone loves so much blimmin shonen... -.-'' waiting for someone ere to read this and tell me they love monster too  :bored: :sleep:
When you TALK, you are only repeating what you already know - but if you LISTEN, you may learn something new.

Offline yulemaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has nice snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2018, 06:43:28 AM »
Wait people don't know Monster?? Noooooo. That manga was such a thrill ride to go through. Naoki Urasawa's works are generally great like that.

Offline DaeofthePast

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2018, 07:13:05 PM »
My favorite lesser known manga are Tenkuu Shinpan, Katekyou Hitman Reborn(tho it might've been more well known before idk), and Tensei *censored*ara Slime Datta Ken. :3

I think I'll check out some of the other ones mentioned in this topic tho